Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Toss!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 62 Guests

The Toss!

This thread currently has 1,524 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
mr viv
March 7, 2012, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
What gets me with last night is this. When we were rammed in the corner by the stewards/bouncers before kick off i said to 1 of them as many others did "what the hell is going on". He said "oh when fleetwood kick this way 1st half they give the home fans half this stand then you can have all the stand 2nd half". The 1st thing that entered my head and i asked the steward was well "what if fleetwood dont win the toss and end up not kicking this way?" His reply "oh they always do" i replied "what always? so your telling me they never kick this way 2nd half?" "Well ive been a steward here 3yrs and they have every game ive done"....I thought to myself can this be true and if it is WTF!!! Is this set up some way with the officials? Surely to god they havent won every toss for the last 3 yrs!!....Also what happens if the other team does amazingly!!!! win the toss one day and kick that way 1st half do you get the full stand till half time and then all get horded in to the corner flag like sheep?....Then as soon as these little scruffy scrawny chavs came stampeding into the stand they were about 10 foot from town fans (like alfrerton!!!!) and acting like a bunch of animals chanting in a aggressive manner and kicking and pushing the fence. To then sum it all up we were then told we are being kept behind after the game even though we all had a 3 hour journey home at 10pm on a tues night. Combine this with not being allowed in the club bar even though we had kids,not showing our goal or any of our highlights on there very immpressive screen,the miserable old haggs selling us our tickets in there poxy portacabin, oh and the tozz pot that is brodie .......Fleetwood Town really is one horrible club that i can honestly say i hope ends up on some sort of football scrap heap somewere!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
GTFC28
March 7, 2012, 5:46pm
Guest User
disgusting i felt sorry for you lot last night
Reply: 1 - 11
FishOutOfWater
March 7, 2012, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
I heard loud and clear on the radio commentary, their presenter saying, "Thanks for your fantastic support"...

He surely can't have meant their miserable "masses" ...that comment must have been intended for our praise-worthy fans
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 11
Eastendmariner
March 7, 2012, 5:54pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
totaly different from itv version of a club with a positive welcome to all away fans when they played Blackpool in the cup..

to be honest if I had been kept in against my will for no reason I would be writing to fleetwood, and the fa ... it's not on

not allowed in the social club  it's def a minger of a club !!

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Harlem mariner
March 7, 2012, 5:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Im starting to hate them like creepy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
hook line and sinker
March 7, 2012, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
i dont understand the logic in them keeping the town fans in,for christ sake its not asif they are a millwall is it???? there not even a yeovil haha all i can say is its a good job this game wasnt on a saturday and a near end of season game with a lot to play for because a daft decision like this could of caused a lot of problems. ridiculous keeping people in against there free will "cause the chairman" said so pfffft..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
aldi_01
March 7, 2012, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They seem to be a club who suddenly seem to think they have history, fans and some clout...they play an awfulmstylemof football and they have players whom the word c.unt is too good.

The thing is we aren't the only team to have found this out. I said aft first game of the season that if that is how they want to play and behave then intercourse em, I'd rather my club had some dignity and pride and be in this pub league for another season.

I expect that if they go up Brodie will once again bottle his chance at playing in the football league and join another gullible club prepared to pay his waste of money over inflated wages...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
bradzmilne
March 7, 2012, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
This sounds very dodgey to me, Trouble is a couple of emails isnt going to bother the FA. Get in touch with the league and if they get a number of emails they are more likely to respond. Then furthur action can be taken if seen necessary. Feel for you mariners there last night you were treated like animals last night by the sounds of it.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Rodley Mariner
March 7, 2012, 8:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
It was worse than that - no table service in their nice little supporters club, I had to put my own sugar in my coffee whilst talking to the friendly kiosk man, the nice clean toilets didn't have anyone spraying complimentary aftershave, I had to stand in one bit of the stand for some of it (where there was plenty of room and a decent view) and then had more space for the rest of it. I felt degraded I can tell you.

Oh and then they said we had to stay back but someone pushed the board over so we didn't.[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
GYinScuntland
March 7, 2012, 8:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It was worse than that - no table service in their nice little supporters club, I had to put my own sugar in my coffee whilst talking to the friendly kiosk man, the nice clean toilets didn't have anyone spraying complimentary aftershave, I had to stand in one bit of the stand for some of it (where there was plenty of room and a decent view) and then had more space for the rest of it. I felt degraded I can tell you.

Oh and then they said we had to stay back but someone pushed the board over so we didn't.

Good effort at sarcasm and I respect your opinion but I am afraid your match experience didn't match a lot of the other posters on here, myself included.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
mr viv
March 7, 2012, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Oh and then they said we had to stay back but someone pushed the board over so we didn't.

[/quote]

HAHA like your learyness tbf!! But you are clearly in a minority as to how we were treated. I cant honestly believe after the alfreton debacle you actually agree with the way the so called away end was used do you?? And as for the bar i got in as i was on my own waiting for my lad to arrive with his mate and his dad ...and they were refused entry. Whilst i was in there a guy and his mrs from town had been allowed in by the guy on the door and the girl seving refused to let them have a drink cos there from away!!!! So i bought them 1 and they drank it WTF!! ....Just saying like!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
grimps
March 7, 2012, 8:39pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 51
Don't worry everybody i spoke to PC Dodds and he said he'll study CCTV and fight the Town fans corner  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Toss!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.