2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
March 7, 2012, 12:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I am more convinced we can get to the play offs BUT we have to win our next 3 home games not only for the points but to regain the momentum.

Let us really try and pack the park from Saturday. We CAN do this.

UTM

(Hearn seemed to be carrying a knock in the dclosing minutes- I hope it is nothing serious)
Private Message
GTFCLarry
March 7, 2012, 4:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +69
U.T.M. Always and Forever.

Scott and Hursts Black n White Army.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
80sglory
March 7, 2012, 5:17am
Guest User
Let's try to put it into some perspective ?

Long unbeaten run...
York - matched them, positives.
Braintree - unlucky ! positives.
Fleetwood - good performance, positives !!

So not sure there's any need to panic or to think the wheels are falling off.
You might argue we're still looking alright (are we still improving after last nights performance ?)

Could it perhaps be worth taking one game at a time ?

Beat Forest Green we're up for York bigtime !  
Win that one, you wouldn't bet against us for Tamworth.

Then I ask you, where might we be ?...
That's right, away to Hayes & Yeading (in 23rd)

Even if we draw one, it's still another 10 pts from 12 with another 8 games left.  

But yeah, Chris is right.
Fans really need to help play their part (and the more noise the better)

Onwards and upwards, keep the faith !
Reply: 2 - 16
aldi_01
March 7, 2012, 7:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
By the sounds of it, we were very unlucky to not get something last night. At the end of the day Fleetwood are attempting to bully and buy their way out and actually aren't very good. On a positive this shows how far we have come to be disappointed with a defeat by a single goal at cheatwood.

Of course we can still make the playoffs, we have games in hand and three home games that are all winnable on the bounce. Momentum is still there and it will certainly be an interesting end to the season. The great thing is we are in realistic touching distance of the play offs still. Yes we all want to get in the playoffs sooner rather than later but a late surge with 3-4 games to go might suit us better and people won't want to play the team that has the late spurt.

Still very angry about last night, seething in fact but theres intercourse all we can do. We know the officials at this level are shocking.

On  a lighter note, all the Gimps fans on my twitter and facebook were gloating regarding our defeat bless em, may be they should worry about their own failure of a club which is going backwards quicker than the french.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
hazdy
March 7, 2012, 8:02am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
No we've got that league defeat out of the way (and let's face it, being beaten by the top of the table side away isn't a bad place to lose it) I reckon we'll simply go on another long run.
For me, there's only Luton that'll prove tricky and I can see still us getting 3 points there on last night's showing.

How ever many points from the play-offs we are today, I reckon it will be a formality now and in a 6 weeks time we'll be wondering why we ever thought it was in doubt.
Last night showed how far we have come. For most of the game we were better than a very capable Fleetwood team on their turf.

In some ways though, if we fail at the playoffs this year, I'm not so sure this would be a bad thing. The Bennett money should ensure we don't have to make many squad changes in the Summer. Next year we'd cruise this league with this squad. It would be great to put those pub teams to the sword (and a few ghosts to bed along the way) before we left this sorry division once and for all. Another way of looking at it is that there's so many "Non-league" teams in Div 2 these days, the scenary will hardly change much in any case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
March 7, 2012, 8:06am
Guest User
The next 3 games (all home) are vital. Get 9 points out of them and we will be wondering what the fuss was about ,UTM!
Reply: 5 - 16
DocTower
March 7, 2012, 8:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from hazdy
No we've got that league defeat out of the way (and let's face it, being beaten by the top of the table side away isn't a bad place to lose it) I reckon we'll simply go on another long run.
For me, there's only Luton that'll prove tricky and I can see still us getting 3 points there on last night's showing.

How ever many points from the play-offs we are today, I reckon it will be a formality now and in a 6 weeks time we'll be wondering why we ever thought it was in doubt.
Last night showed how far we have come. For most of the game we were better than a very capable Fleetwood team on their turf.

In some ways though, if we fail at the playoffs this year, I'm not so sure this would be a bad thing. The Bennett money should ensure we don't have to make many squad changes in the Summer. Next year we'd cruise this league with this squad. It would be great to put those pub teams to the sword (and a few ghosts to bed along the way) before we left this sorry division once and for all. Another way of looking at it is that there's so many "Non-league" teams in Div 2 these days, the scenary will hardly change much in any case.

Your last sentence speaks volumes , Division 2 is almost a mirror of this one , Accrington, Morecombe ,Dagenham . No fans, not very good grounds , it's just the geographical location that enables them to use players from better teams who don't have to move house , unlike ourselves .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
lukeo
March 7, 2012, 9:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,416
Gold Stars: 149
we MUST get 9 points from the next 3 games if we are going to be serious contenders for the playoffs. IF we win all 3 we could quite easily close the gap to 1 or 2 points or even get inside the playoffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
jock dock tower
March 7, 2012, 10:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Agree with hazdy's analysis. The squad is now probably as good as it's been for a long, long, while...........and they do seem to be playing for each other, and as a team. Although distance negates the amount of games I can physically get to, this season was initially to be one of consolidation and the steadying of a very wobbly ship (sorry about the cliche) After  very poor start, that has now happened, and the unbeaten run exceeded everybody's expectations. Nobody would possibly have thought we'd be here last November when we facing a relegation dogfight. Would love to see Town make the play offs, but it wouldn't be the end of the world should they not, it must be all about next season, and hanging onto Liam especially.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
RoboCod
March 7, 2012, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
My hope is that we settle back into a cohesive and tidy team quickly. We were heading for the playoffs with the displays over Dec into the new year but the York postponement, the unnecessary Elding ban and now getting a new guy (Soares) to bed in has caused a mighty disruption. We possibly need to get a little more cynical too. It works for everyone else  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › After Feetwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.