1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
March 6, 2012, 9:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Anybody know why two groups of fans went their separate ways and formed two different clubs when Scarborough FC we dissolved? I'm intrigued and I hope, god forbid, that this wouldn't happen to us should we ever find ourselves in a similar situation. Stick together.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
sutton mariner
March 6, 2012, 9:27pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
^Agreed.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
mardy fish
March 7, 2012, 9:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Athletic were formed by the supporters' trust after Scarborough FC were liquidated. They had to ground-share with Whitby Town to start with. Still did pretty well though - decent crowds of a few hundred and I seem to think they won a couple of early promotions.

Scarborough Town were formed by a group who, for whatever reason, conjured up a bunch of reasons to object to the trust (I guess every club has them). They played in Scarborough but much lower down the pyramid.

It looks like Town are in a spot of bother now and there's talk of a merger:
http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/article.php?article=MzczNg==
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
bladerunnner
March 7, 2012, 10:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
its a  shame what happened at scarborough,a great day out at the old  macain stadium,a town that size deserves a decent football club.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarborough Town and Athletic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.