No Members and 126 Guests

Fleetwood preview - Hurst on MP

This thread currently has 417 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
March 5, 2012, 10:03pm
Guest User
Not too much news.

- Frankie Artus was back in training and might have made the bench but has come down with illness and is out.
- Will Elding be starting ? Says they'll pick the team an hour and a half an hour before kick off.
- Fleetwood will be a "stern test" have a lot of good players and "a lot of strength in depth".

Hurst said:

"A lot of twists and turns between now and the end of the season. People keep saying how important sort of this next game is and next game. Obviously they are all are important but there's still lots and lots of points to play for so we move on from it a point gained, and we know we can play better, but at the same time I think you look at the stats, it was a game perhaps we should have won."

JT: "Do you approach every game the same or different things for different teams, have you got anything worked out for them ?"

PH: "We obviously study the team and the opposition. What I would say with Fleetwood is the personnel seems to change quite regularly. Of course again maybe that's because of the squad they've got so we can't go too much on preparing a certain way because we might get there and the teams totally different. But I think we know got a good idea how they'll look to play no matter what the personnel is. We ARE away from home but whetever side we pick will be a side still to trying to win the game."  

Also said...

"Tomorrows nights game is a game we can go into with pressure off to a degree. No-one I don't think really expects us to get anything there. We'll obviously be trying us upmost to prove people wrong."

"Challenge we're looking forward to"

"Good game for the players, one they should look forward to. And a test to see how good we think we can be against what is the best team in the league."

Asked how much he'd missed Anthony Elding...

"Wasn't ideal we said that beforehand. Rob Duffy's come in and done okay. Saturday he won a lot of headers for us, we just couldn't really capitalize on that. What I would say is perhaps we play slightly different when Duffs is in the team because we have slightly different players. And that's something we spoke about before and when Anthony goes back in the team, then that's something we might be noticeable, I'm not sure we'll have to wait and see."

Dale: "I think him and Liam Hearn, they pair up well together don't they ?"

PH: "They do yeah ! But you know there's no reason that Rob Duffy and Liam can't link up quite well. They're both intelligent players. But Anthony and Liam had struck up a good partnership and both in the goals really so it's good to have different options up there."
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fleetwood preview - Hurst on MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.