2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Can a Trust member tell us please, as I hope it was in the voting communication, what sort of majority is required in the 'shares give away ballot'

Is it a straight forward majority? In other words could just one vote decide it? (FFS I hope not!)

Or is it a two thirds majority (either yes or no) and if so is it two thirds of the membership or two thirds of those who vote?

Is it another one of those things which no one has been told?

and most importantly, who's doing the counting?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Chris
February 27, 2012, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
A simple majority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chris
A simple majority.

Thanks for your prompt reply Chris

If it's at all close I hope you have
a) some reliable tellers
b) no dubious / spoilt ballot papers
c) not too many recounts
d) no disputes about whether votes were received on time for inclusion or other problems which some one will think up if its that close

You're welcome to it mate!

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
MeanwoodMariner
February 27, 2012, 7:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

Thanks for your prompt reply Chris

If it's at all close I hope you have
a) some reliable tellers
b) no dubious / spoilt ballot papers
c) not too many recounts
d) no disputes about whether votes were received on time for inclusion or other problems which some one will think up if its that close

You're welcome to it mate!

There's only a couple of hundred members aren't there? I really can't see it being that difficult to count which pile has more in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

There's only a couple of hundred members aren't there? I really can't see it being that difficult to count which pile has more in it.

I'm afraid the fear of Fenty not putting any more cash in will make it a landslide for the 'yes' voters but I was rather hoping it just might be close enough to involve counting - PMSL if the votes are level

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Super Clive
February 27, 2012, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
What a moaning old tart.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
BlackBoots
February 27, 2012, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
I am surprised that someone with so much to say on the subject didnt feel it worthwhile to spend £12 pa to have a vote on smething that is so valuable/important.

I guess some just like to criticise and do nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots
I am surprised that someone with so much to say on the subject didnt feel it worthwhile to spend £12 pa to have a vote on smething that is so valuable/important.

I guess some just like to criticise and do nothing

As I understand it by the time it became known that the Trust had anything worth voting on (other than whether they should have loose tea or tea bags at their board meetings) it was then too late to become a member anyway

As a share holder in my own right (having purchased shares rather than being part of a group who had theirs given to them) I consider I have 'done something' and it certainly cost me more than £12

Sadly the size of my shareholding makes my voting power pretty much the same as that of the Trust (if they give half of theirs away) - useless

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
80sglory
February 27, 2012, 9:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots

You've got a very short memory.

Besides the fact people don't have a crystal ball, people weren't able to join up to get to vote on it even if they wanted to.

I'm one of the unfortunate ones who was faced with the difficult choice of whether to act on behalf of those poor sods or the other 3000+  fans who weren't convinced by the trust board and their future "plan of action" to sign up in advance.

Reply: 8 - 12
MyDogsThoughts
February 27, 2012, 9:48pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
You can only fanny around for so long: I joined the Trust years ago and my vote said 'YES'.

I'll live with the outcome and I truely hope every town fan will be happy once the Trust and Mr Fenty sort everything out.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the vote

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.