Hope Wealdstone win it.

Private Message
Les Brechin
February 27, 2012, 12:23pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Another reason that I'm not really that bothered we lost on Saturday. I never like seeing Town get beat but having to arrange another 2 Saturday games when most of the teams above us will be playing could have a psychological effect as we may be 9 or 10 point behind even though we would have 4 games in hand. There would be a hell of a lot more pressure to win those games in hand when they finally came round.

My mate said to me before the game on Saturday that the team which won would not make the play-offs and I think he may be right.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Paris Mariner
February 27, 2012, 12:25pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I hope Wealdstone win too because former GTFC youth team product and brief first team player Wes Parker is captain there and he also hails from the Skegness area. Good luck Stones!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 8
jimbo22
February 27, 2012, 1:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Good draw for town, Two of our play off rivals have got two extra games against each other right at the killer time of the season. Think fatigue could play a big part in the remainder of the season, a team always tires and fades away and i reckon it will be either York or Luton, two hard extra games plays right into our hands. Think it could be a blessing that we went out tbh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
FishOutOfWater
February 27, 2012, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jimbo22
Good draw for town, Two of our play off rivals have got two extra games against each other right at the killer time of the season. Think fatigue could play a big part in the remainder of the season, a team always tires and fades away and i reckon it will be either York or Luton, two hard extra games plays right into our hands. Think it could be a blessing that we went out tbh.

It would be good too if the games are a bit feisty

A few sendings off and a few injuries wouldn't go amiss and given their recent past encounters things could well turn nasty again

We face York in between the two fixtures and then Luton the week after they've finished their tie so fingers crossed they get stuck in to each other for us to benefit from!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 8
timmo
February 27, 2012, 2:04pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

A few sendings off and a few injuries wouldn't go amiss and given their recent past encounters things could well turn nasty again

We face York in between the two fixtures and then Luton the week after they've finished their tie so fingers crossed they get stuck in to each other for us to benefit from!

In an ideal world York to win over the 2 legs.

My reason... as stated above we play Luton week after, so if they win they will be on a high, also more than likely York will have an eye on the Final and Wembley for the run in so hopefully there League form will drop off.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
FishOutOfWater
February 27, 2012, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from timmo

In an ideal world York to win over the 2 legs.

My reason... as stated above we play Luton week after, so if they win they will be on a high, also more than likely York will have an eye on the Final and Wembley for the run in so hopefully there League form will drop off.

UTM

Yeah....after extra time and a marathon penalty shoot out maybe?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 8
jimbo22
February 27, 2012, 2:08pm
Beer Drinker

Yeh a couple of sendings offs and injuries would be a plus for us, but after seeing both teams i think if town have there strongest 11 out we will beat either team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
RoboCod
February 27, 2012, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

A few crotch-grabbing gestures sendings off and a few injuries wouldn't go amiss and given their recent past encounters things could well turn nasty again

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trophy Draw

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.