This thread currently has 2,035 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
oldun
February 26, 2012, 11:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Still some positives. Andy Thanoj getting better all the time. good vision to pick a pass. composed on the ball and now winning more challenges, an exciting young prospect. Young Sean Pearson beginning to show why he was so highly regarded in lower league. Won lots challenges yesterday, good in the air and put in some very good blocks. Charlie I'Anson, a bit rusty to start with but soon back in the groove. A few wild clearlances from the youngster but really worked hard for his team. Young Townsend, was up against a good player yesterday and cope well, composed under pressure, brilliant bit of play in the first half when closed down he coolly dragged the ball inside and left the opposition player on the deck before clearing. Young keeper McKewon, did not have a great deal to do but got down well to save a couple in the second half. No chance with the headed goal which just crept in off the post. Note I have highlighted just a few players but importantly I have highlighted "young". These players have great potential and if we can keep them it provides an optimistic future. If they have to be sold then lets make sure we do not sell the club short and make sure their contract situation protects them and the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
PPMariner
February 26, 2012, 11:28am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 1739

Some of his passing was awful. Just think he was having an off day to be fair.

Not true. Craig Disley had an 'off day' against Bath in the 6-0, an 'off day' against Telford, an 'off day' against Southport and I didn't go today but he's been awarded several un-man-of-the-match awards by posters.

I, for one, believe he's being carried in a winning side. Whether it's the injury that's not cleared up, I don't know, but his passing and touch has been inept for over a month.

'Don't change a winning team' and all that but honestly late goals - v Telford and a very fortunate victory in the wind at Southport - have spared us two slip ups. The team, the spirit, the buzz: wonderful; Craig Disley 2012: complete liability. Had we have lost/drawn either of those, changes may be considered 'ok' but they are simply masking his terrible displays.

Not to mention the fact Church has come on - looked dangerous, fit, willing and able since his loan spell - scored against Bath and crucially won the game for us, in combination with Hearn, at Southport.

Disley did not have an 'off day' yesterday, he had a 'day'.

Why wait until it actually costs us points before a change is made?

I am praying come Braintree on Saturday we may see one of his early season 'on days' or moreover - I'd like to see Church in the middle with Thanoj and see if Disley can do what I'Anson and Wood have been unable to do - fight their way back into our side.

Incidentally, I spent the best part of a year singing Disley's praises as one of our stand out performers and favourite players - I don't know what is amiss with him, but something is.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
flash1
February 26, 2012, 11:35am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from Perkins
I think it goes to show that we don't realise how influential some players are until they are not in the side. I'm certain that the home league game against York will be a different affair with our regular players available.

never thought i,d hear anybody say that back at the start of the season!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
davmariner
February 26, 2012, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from PPMariner

Not true. Craig Disley had an 'off day' against Bath in the 6-0, an 'off day' against Telford, an 'off day' against Southport and I didn't go today but he's been awarded several un-man-of-the-match awards by posters.

I, for one, believe he's being carried in a winning side. Whether it's the injury that's not cleared up, I don't know, but his passing and touch has been inept for over a month.

'Don't change a winning team' and all that but honestly late goals - v Telford and a very fortunate victory in the wind at Southport - have spared us two slip ups. The team, the spirit, the buzz: wonderful; Craig Disley 2012: complete liability. Had we have lost/drawn either of those, changes may be considered 'ok' but they are simply masking his terrible displays.

Not to mention the fact Church has come on - looked dangerous, fit, willing and able since his loan spell - scored against Bath and crucially won the game for us, in combination with Hearn, at Southport.

I am praying come Braintree on Saturday we may see one of his early season 'on days' or moreover - I'd like to see Church in the middle with Thanoj and see if Disley can do what I'Anson and Wood have been unable to do - fight their way back into our side.

Incidentally, I spent the best part of a year singing Disley's praises as one of our stand out performers and favourite players - I don't know what is amiss with him, but something is.

Yeah, think I'd tend to agree with that!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Mariner_501
February 26, 2012, 4:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from PPMariner

Same kind of thing with Coulson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Garth
February 26, 2012, 7:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its been a long season for Disley.  it seems that he may be carrying an injury and if possible we need another Loan to give him some rest time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 7:50pm
Guest User
Stick Wood at CM if needed could be a solution if we don't make any loan moves, he can put in a shift there while Silk holds the right back position.
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › yesterdays game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.