TAGG
February 18, 2012, 8:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from RowAFFS81
Garner, minutes after being knocked out sits on the bench and supports his team mates.  He was the epitome of what we're about at the minute. Rob Scott living every minute, Elding gutted with the og even though he couldn't be thought at fault and chasing everything. Church working hard just prior to the goal, and Liam just huge.  Passion, desire, belief right through the squad.  How far we've come.  I can remember seeing Woodsy on the line when we were on the telly v Leeds.  His ruddy cheeks and pretty much motion and emotionless.  This isn't a go at Neil, he was GTFC through and through and I hope he continues to do well.  But what we have now in comparison to then is a million miles apart. Even if we don't get what we all want this season, hell, we're in a good place now and it's not likely to change too soon either.  The future's bright.  The future's Black and White!!

If ye not having a go why mention it?

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
RowAFFS81
February 18, 2012, 8:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I mentioned it because it was an observation of management styles. We are, most of us apart from those trying to wind us up on here, GTFC all the way through. Neil was the same, I'm absolutely convinced of that, but his management style and approach didn't sadly work. That was a shame because nobody who loves club wants someone else who loves this club as much to fail.  It didn't work with Neil, but I would never think badly of him.  Not ever.  S&H.....well it's just working and the passion is there for all to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Garner

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.