This thread currently has 677 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
newfootballer
February 17, 2012, 1:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
  Really looking forward to tonights game against Southport, it will be great to keep the momentum going with a win or a draw both will be excellant results if we can achieve either.

Southport have got a good reputation also after once being a league club like Town.

The other advantage they have is being not far from clubs like Blackpool ,Fleetwood etc, and also the big boys who are situated around Lancashire.

Southport will I am sure have access to a whole pool of players to try and sign when they come available who do not have to move house because most clubs in Lancashire are in the region of about thirty to forty miles away from each other.

Once was injured when we played Southport away and sat in the stands and who should sit next to me but the great Emlyn Hughes who sadly died tragically a few years ago.

Now what a player he was I think he started with Southport and lived not far from the ground, or was it Blackpool.

I am sure that somebody will put me right.

Its good to see the lads playing again and lets hope we can keep up the good work
UP THE MARINERS WE GOING TO WIN THE CUP ONE DAY
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 2:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from newfootballer
  Really looking forward to tonights game against Southport, it will be great to keep the momentum going with a win or a draw both will be excellant results if we can achieve either.

Southport have got a good reputation also after once being a league club like Town.

The other advantage they have is being not far from clubs like Blackpool ,Fleetwood etc, and also the big boys who are situated around Lancashire.

Southport will I am sure have access to a whole pool of players to try and sign when they come available who do not have to move house because most clubs in Lancashire are in the region of about thirty to forty miles away from each other.

Once was injured when we played Southport away and sat in the stands and who should sit next to me but the great Emlyn Hughes who sadly died tragically a few years ago.

Now what a player he was I think he started with Southport and lived not far from the ground, or was it Blackpool.

I am sure that somebody will put me right.

Its good to see the lads playing again and lets hope we can keep up the good work
UP THE MARINERS WE GOING TO WIN THE CUP ONE DAY
NEWFOOTBALLER

Big one tonight Dave, no predictions please  

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
acko338
February 17, 2012, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
I won't know the result till later, it's a treat night for the other half tonight, so we're kicking off at the cinema, will try and catch up at half time if I can!

Good luck , lads, hard game tonight - any winning score result will do  - could this be the first 1-0 away win for a while? It ll do !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
ticker_1610
February 17, 2012, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I expect us to be a bit ring rusty, while Southport will be quick out the blocks, fitness may tell towards the end after Southport played Tuesday night. But who knows we might just tear them apart with a fresh n fit team n the addition of Soares! UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 5:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from ticker_1610
I expect us to be a bit ring rusty, while Southport will be quick out the blocks, fitness may tell towards the end after Southport played Tuesday night. But who knows we might just tear them apart with a fresh n fit team n the addition of Soares! UTM.

That's my worry too.  I'd just built up an expectation that we'd beat whoever we played but I've got this horrible feeling that we could have lost a bit of momentum.  An early goal is in order I feel.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
80sglory
February 17, 2012, 6:12pm
Guest User
Yes won't be easy tonight but whilst it doesn't mean very much, the bookies think it'll be more slightly more difficult for Southport.

Fingers crossed.
UTM.
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › TONIGHTS GAME, DIFFICULT ONE

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.