This thread currently has 649 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
February 16, 2012, 4:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,336
Gold Stars: 103
I've been watching Town for well over 30 years now, whilst I don't get to every game unlike some of the star supporters, I do try and get whenever I can. I've hitch hiked to Burnley, jumped a train to Portsmouth, broken down in Darlington, been chased through Barnsley and dodged a brick in Sheffield. I've done all of this because I grew up in a village near to a town who had one of the best teams in thier recent history playing for them. I'd get a lift in a builders van, park at the end of the prom, skirt the dog excrement on the sea wall and sneak through the passages behind the Osmond stand to take my place in the Pontoon to watch this team whenever I could.
The Mighty Mariners ingrained themselves in my life and despite moving around the country, falling in love once or twice, I still find myself back in football grounds across the land watching my team. I've been to watch Man U, Arsenal and Real Madrid amongst others, but not  one of their trophies could make me want to support their superstar laden teams. I am a Grimsby Town Fan, I will always be a Grimsby Town Fan and I've got three fish tattooed on my leg.
UP THE MARINERS!

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Trawler
February 16, 2012, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Bloody marvellous.  Viva Les Mariners.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 4:52pm
Guest User
I wouldn't worry about Post 3000, it is highly unlikely that GTFC will be around in 988 years time and even if it were, we won't!
Reply: 2 - 9
sonik
February 16, 2012, 4:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Well done.  

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Harlem mariner
February 17, 2012, 8:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I've been watching Town for well over 30 years now, whilst I don't get to every game unlike some of the star supporters, I do try and get whenever I can. I've hitch hiked to Burnley, jumped a train to Portsmouth, broken down in Darlington, been chased through Barnsley and dodged a brick in Sheffield. I've done all of this because I grew up in a village near to a town who had one of the best teams in thier recent history playing for them. I'd get a lift in a builders van, park at the end of the prom, skirt the dog excrement on the sea wall and sneak through the passages behind the Osmond stand to take my place in the Pontoon to watch this team whenever I could.
The Mighty Mariners ingrained themselves in my life and despite moving around the country, falling in love once or twice, I still find myself back in football grounds across the land watching my team. I've been to watch Man U, Arsenal and Real Madrid amongst others, but not  one of their trophies could make me want to support their superstar laden teams. I am a Grimsby Town Fan, I will always be a Grimsby Town Fan and I've got three fish tattooed on my leg.
UP THE MARINERS!

Like many of us on here the above applies to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
louth_in_the_south
February 17, 2012, 8:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,728
Gold Stars: 96
Ive got 3 fish tattooed on my ribs but I got it done when I was drunk and they're facing the wrong way ha ha !!

When we get promoted back to the league I'm getting it done again on the other side facing the right way

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
wigworld
February 17, 2012, 9:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Great post!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 9
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
UP THE MARINERS!

Tell me I'm not the only one who smiled and felt my eyes welling up.

Best post I've read in a while, you can't buy those feelings or experiences.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
aaron rattray
February 17, 2012, 10:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
going to stockport away i went by train i ddint want to pay so when the ticket man came i ran into the toliet and waited in there until he passed    

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Theimperialcoroner
February 17, 2012, 11:02am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,336
Gold Stars: 103
UP THE MARINERS!

Thanks for the kind words guys. The crux of the post was that it does apply to most of us on here. We are diverse and yet we share a common passion. There are those on this board from Brisbane, Dubai and Paris, but at 4:50pm on a Saturday afternoon, there's only one bit of news we want to hear. UTM

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post 3000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.