Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shares: The Missing 16%?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 180 Guests

Shares: The Missing 16%?

This thread currently has 2,132 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishbone
February 16, 2012, 9:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Is there a missing piece in the shares jigsaw? The recent ballot being put forward by the Trust suggests that:

"This will give John Fenty approx. 47% of the issued share capital, Mike Parker approx. 24% and the Mariners Trust approx.13%".

This only adds up to 84%. Does this mean that the remaining 16% lays with individual shareholders? Can anyone shed light on this?

It's more likely that the percentages presented are a result of the vagaries of financial / share representation, of which I understand nothing. But if not, doesn't that change the picture somewhat and suggest there may be other possibilities not yet considered?

Apologies if this query results from my lack of knowledge and understanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
alvinghammariner
February 16, 2012, 9:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
The other board members have some, and some fans purchased some a few years back, but i don't know the amounts.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Fishbone
February 16, 2012, 9:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Thanks Henry, would be interesting to know percentages/amounts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Chris
February 16, 2012, 9:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
There are many individuals who hold shares also. There was much made of small shareholding at the club AGM, with many such shareholders being uncontactable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
ticker_1610
February 16, 2012, 9:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Parker "at present" still holds a large percentage of shares", watch this space for the next stage in the shares merry go round???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
grimsbyreaper
February 16, 2012, 10:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Don't the board member hold only 500 shares each? Or approx 0.025% based on the figures above.

I thought I had seen the end of the world. Desolation, Isolation, Destruction, Mutants and the end of Civilisation.
Turns out bloody Tom Tom had directed me through Scunthorpe City Centre.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 22
Fishbone
February 16, 2012, 10:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Might be worth a concerted effort on behalf of the club and Trust to find out given this amounts to over 1/6th of the total number of shares
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Grim_Exile
February 16, 2012, 10:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from Fishbone
Might be worth a concerted effort on behalf of the club and Trust to find out given this amounts to over 1/6th of the total number of shares

Given that GTFC is a PLC, would this information not be available from Companies House?  Pretty sure anyone can get access to it therefore (maybe for a small fee).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 16, 2012, 10:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,885
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from alvinghammariner
The other board members have some, and some fans purchased some a few years back, but i don't know the amounts.

about 16%

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Fishbone
February 16, 2012, 10:20am
Lager Top Drinker
It's quite remarkable really given all the focus on shares and ownership that little, if anything has been made about 16% that are currently owned 'elsewhere' (i.e not Parker, Fenty, Trust). If this 16% could act collectively, leverage, sell, transfer their shares or whatever, surely this may change the picture. I personally have a very modest amount of shares and would be willing to consider what might be done  with them should reasonable proposals that looked to safegaurd the club as a whole were put forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shares: The Missing 16%?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.