2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 11, 2012, 4:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Was capello a disgrace??? Not as bad as the previous two English managers...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
siy2k5
February 11, 2012, 5:33pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from aldi_01
Was capello a disgrace??? Not as bad as the previous two English managers...

Depends what you call a disgrace really.

IMO he was only slightly better than McClaren, in that he actually got us to the WC.  However, the team were a complete shambles from day 1 when they got there. Sven however got to the quarter finals.

Having said allt  that though, you can't polish a turd, and England just aren't good enough.  We will continue to fail aslong as the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Johnson etc are being picked.  The only 2 of the "old guard" I'd keep are Cole and Gerrard.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
codhead91
February 11, 2012, 5:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
The England manager can never really win. The media, and the general public will always look or find something to criticise them. Capello had the highest winning percentage of any England manager but had a poor World Cup so was heavily criticised. You certainly can't fault his qualifying record. Whoever gets the job next will never become fully successful unless he wins every game. If he wins Euro 2012, somebody will say that it was Capello's work that got them there. And if he then fails to win the next World Cup he will be named as a disappointment.

Look at Stuart Pearce's situation. He has been named temporary manager and the media drag up a story of alleged racist abuse on his behalf 18 years ago. Disgraceful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
LeightonMariner
February 11, 2012, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from TAGG

Fukin Ouch.....

intercourse, I got you mixed up with another poster, sorry butt.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
MeanwoodMariner
February 11, 2012, 5:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from siy2k5

Depends what you call a disgrace really.

IMO he was only slightly better than McClaren, in that he actually got us to the WC.  However, the team were a complete shambles from day 1 when they got there. Sven however got to the quarter finals.

Having said allt  that though, you can't polish a turd, and England just aren't good enough.  We will continue to fail aslong as the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Johnson etc are being picked.  The only 2 of the "old guard" I'd keep are Cole and Gerrard.

Yeah, Gerrard is due a good performance for England. I think it's 10 years since the 5-1 in Germany so he may even come good this summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
siy2k5
February 11, 2012, 5:47pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Yeah, Gerrard is due a good performance for England. I think it's 10 years since the 5-1 in Germany so he may even come good this summer.

Why not? He's had half a seasons rest, so should at least be fresh for the finals

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The press & The England Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.