WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 7, 2012, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,083
Gold Stars: 195
exactly!!!

just imagine ashington playing salisbury. one hell of a trek. the prize money/gate receipts probably wouldnt cover costs. and then if it went to a replay. jeeeeeez

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Tommy
February 7, 2012, 8:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
I'm guessing we came in at the 1st round, so that's £117,000 we would have accumulated along the way if we go all the way to win it. Can't grumble at that. Plus gate receipt share of the final which could be decent if we meet Luton there.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
lukeo
February 7, 2012, 8:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Tommy
I'm guessing we came in at the 1st round, so that's £117,000 we would have accumulated along the way if we go all the way to win it. Can't grumble at that. Plus gate receipt share of the final which could be decent if we meet Luton there.

WHS. The winning money is poor until you get to the semi finals then it's more worth it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Joncon
February 7, 2012, 8:48pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
If it's like the Fa Cup the FA pay for travel costs. I know in the Fa Cup they pay for the travel and hotels where needed out of the chunk they take out of the gates. It's more in the interest of the supporters who get no help travelling. If the Fa allocated one free supporters coach to each away team it would boost the gate and give something to the fans. In fact the extra 50 fans through the gates would probably pay for the coach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Swansea_Mariner
February 7, 2012, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Tommy

I think you've added the winner and the runner up prize money together there so it would be 92K for the winner or 67K for the runner up + gate receipts. Still decent though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Tommy
February 7, 2012, 9:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I think you've added the winner and the runner up prize money together there so it would be 92K for the winner or 67K for the runner up + gate receipts. Still decent though.

Yep, i stand corrected. Wasn't looking at the left hand side.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 7, 2012, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,083
Gold Stars: 195
Quoted from Joncon
If it's like the Fa Cup the FA pay for travel costs. I know in the Fa Cup they pay for the travel and hotels where needed out of the chunk they take out of the gates. It's more in the interest of the supporters who get no help travelling. If the Fa allocated one free supporters coach to each away team it would boost the gate and give something to the fans. In fact the extra 50 fans through the gates would probably pay for the coach.

that is damn good reasoning.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
RonMariner
February 8, 2012, 10:02am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,883
Gold Stars: 232
We've already made £18k plus gate receipts, and if we do play York in the quarter final there should be another decent crowd at BP, so it's turning into a nice little earner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
RonMariner
February 8, 2012, 10:05am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,883
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Yes, just getting to the final means that the prize money alone has more than paid the wages of at least one player for the entire season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
forza ivano
February 8, 2012, 10:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
don't see why it shouldn't be regionalsed until this round - the early fa cup rounds and many of the vase rounds are regionalised and they are just as 'big' competitions for us non leaguers  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Trophy prize money

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.