February 2, 2012, 8:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from lukeo
I might go 'sharking' down to BP for that game  

LMAO   Have not heard that for about 20yrs !!  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
moosey_club
February 2, 2012, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from gtfc98
Was hoping this was going to be an England C game or at least an England U17 game but no, it's the flipping women's u18's, who the hell wants to watch that slow paced excrement?

The previous womens game at BP was quite enjoyable. There are some talented players out there and at that age group the players would have been coached from 5/6 yrs old.
I would imagine a fair few would have actually played and competed at mixed until 11/12 also so may not be as dull as you think, maybe not high octane pace but technically good to watch.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Marinerz93
February 2, 2012, 8:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

LMAO   Have not heard that for about 20yrs !!  

A commonly used term in military circles, there are even awards for it where the nominated winner has to wear a hat that has a massive fin on it  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Tinymariner
February 2, 2012, 9:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Marinerz93

A commonly used term in military circles, there are even awards for it where the nominated winner has to wear a hat that has a massive fin on it  

I do miss The Falklands!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Super Clive
February 2, 2012, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Under 18 womens ay ?  

Yum yum is it Sweden ?

I will also be willing to pay for u17 !!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
gtfc98
February 2, 2012, 9:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from moosey_club

The previous womens game at BP was quite enjoyable. There are some talented players out there and at that age group the players would have been coached from 5/6 yrs old.
I would imagine a fair few would have actually played and competed at mixed until 11/12 also so may not be as dull as you think, maybe not high octane pace but technically good to watch.

You're forgetting that the womens world cup was on tv last summer so I had the displeasure of seeing part of a game. It is flipping woeful stuff, it's like watching african nations football but slowed down to snail pace. One of the other posters is right though, this is non-football so apologies for posting it here!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
roundballovalhole
February 2, 2012, 10:17am
Guest User
There are a lot of chauvinist f'tards on here who feel the need to point out that women are not as physically strong as men. . . .

I don't feel the need to repeatedly state that I am physically stronger than women, I kinda thought it was a given!!!  Maybe you have more in common than you think lads. . . .aldi et al. . . .  after all you don't half come across as a bunch of fannies!  
Reply: 16 - 29
roundballovalhole
February 2, 2012, 10:21am
Guest User
It is quite fascinating that the 'men' on here who go and hang around with a lot of other 'men' in a stadium looking at lots of fit healthy young men running around in shorts feel the need to ascert their sexual authority when women come into the equation. . . . . .

It's lots of repressed homosexual tendancies if you ask me. . . . aldi, I think you doth protest too much
Reply: 17 - 29
gtfc98
February 2, 2012, 10:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from 1054
It is quite fascinating that the 'men' on here who go and hang around with a lot of other 'men' in a stadium looking at lots of fit healthy young men running around in shorts feel the need to ascert their sexual authority when women come into the equation. . . . . .

It's lots of repressed homosexual tendancies if you ask me. . . . aldi, I think you doth protest too much

Not really, I was just pointing out that the womens game is rubbish and boring to watch. I'm sure most females on here would agree.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
acko338
February 2, 2012, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Bring on those goal celebrations for us heterosexuals who love to see shirt swapping  !!

By the way, anyone got tickets for the Olympics female beach volleyball matches - now THAT'S what I call a spectator sport !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › International football at BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.