3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
flash1
January 7, 2012, 10:39pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
After again witnessing your inept policing and failure to do your job today,i would politly ask you to stand down from your job!on todays evidence it just goes to show that again you didnt do your job!sorry but it was shocking!just saying!

Logged Offline
Private Message
ticker_1610
January 7, 2012, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Read the other thread about Dodds! He's an advisor and evidence gatherer n he was miffed today by the inept stewarding and all will be reported officially. Spoke with him after the game and he was on the fans side this time! But some people just don't see the bigger picture. The policing in and around the ground was/is supervised by the local police not Dodds!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
flash1
January 7, 2012, 10:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
Read the other thread about Dodds! He's an advisor and evidence gatherer n he was miffed today by the inept stewarding and all will be reported officially. Spoke with him after the game and he was on the fans side this time! But some people just don't see the bigger picture. The policing in and around the ground was/is supervised by the local police not Dodds!

what thread,i need some convincing

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
ticker_1610
January 7, 2012, 10:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
The 200 locked out thread. I spoke with Dodds after the match and he wasn't a happy bunny. The most inept incompetent stewarding he has witnessed and the way the stewards dragged fans out by the neck was dangerous and out of order! He sent a text to GTFC telling them he would be making a report of all he witnessed. He said those chucked out were having no more than a bit of banter and none of their fans were ejected. The stewards were to blame for allowing the home fans to swop stands n move next to the away fans! What more could he do or say on this occasion?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Kris2
January 7, 2012, 10:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
You'll never convince some people. Some seem to think they look hard when they hate on the Police.

The guy is doing the job he is paid to do and looking out for idiots who cause problems and we have our share of idiots as well as other teams. Doesn't take much for some to get all excited and start jumping up and down waving their arms encouraging others to join in.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
brad_gtfc
January 7, 2012, 10:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I wouldn't believe a word PC Dodds says, hes only interested in nicking Town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
ticker_1610
January 7, 2012, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
I've said enough on the subject. Let em
moan n show their bias, dones done!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
January 8, 2012, 12:45am
Guest User
So with dodds evidence we can expect the stewards in question to be charged with assault after all he did witness this
Go on dodds prove me wrong, this is your chancce to show your not just interested in nicking town fans!! I wont hold my breath.
Reply: 7 - 20
gtfc98
January 8, 2012, 9:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Funny, I've been watching town for18years and I've never had a single run in with PC Dodds. But yeah, all he's bothered about is nicking "innocent" town fans...

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Harlem mariner
January 8, 2012, 9:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from gtfc98
Funny, I've been watching town for18years and I've never had a single run in with PC Dodds. But yeah, all he's bothered about is nicking "innocent" town fans...

Dont worry fella  sure he,l feel your collar eventually
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Bonnymans Shorts
January 8, 2012, 9:45am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Regardless of what we think of this officer, just on a point of fact, the police are only responsible for crowd control outside the ground.  Once in that excrement hole it's 'policed' by the stewards only. Ol bill will only get involved then if the match stewards ask them to.  Hence why some stewards like getting stuck in and usually with away fans only, cos they know they're unlikely to see any of us again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
hippo130
January 8, 2012, 10:59am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +56
The police do not have powers inside the stadium only to deal with specific offence like drinking in view of ye playing surface, entering the playing surface, throwing items towards the playing surface. Anything that the police deal with within the stadium comes from requests from the stewards. Clubs don't want police inside the stadium as they have to pay the police for this.

If your wondering how I know this I am a serving officer in the met in London and I regularly police spurs, arsenal, wembley and west ham. We are always told if we are in the stadium that we are there to assist the stewards they make the ejection and we assist and always to get the details of the steward concerned for our notes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
ticker_1610
January 8, 2012, 11:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Maybe you could explain to some why our PLO was filming n not involved with protecting the fans being harshly n dangerously manhandled by poorly trained stewards! What recourse do those fans have that were grabbed round the throat n neck have in law, given it was witnessed by our PLO and he confirmed verbally he was disgusted by the ineptitude witnessed!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
ticker_1610
January 8, 2012, 11:17am
Whiskey Drinker
I do recall PC Rutter at Mansfield warning a steward to stop inflaming a situation by poor stewarding techniques or he would arrest him!! That was only a few years ago!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
flash1
January 8, 2012, 11:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from hippo130
The police do not have powers inside the stadium only to deal with specific offence like drinking in view of ye playing surface, entering the playing surface, throwing items towards the playing surface. Anything that the police deal with within the stadium comes from requests from the stewards. Clubs don't want police inside the stadium as they have to pay the police for this.

If your wondering how I know this I am a serving officer in the met in London and I regularly police spurs, arsenal, wembley and west ham. We are always told if we are in the stadium that we are there to assist the stewards they make the ejection and we assist and always to get the details of the steward concerned for our notes.

Bearing that in mind,if you saw 5 stewards man handling individuals around the throat to eject them from the ground,would you intervene as surely the police would class that as an assault whether it be inside the ground or outside the ground

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
voice of reason
January 8, 2012, 11:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ticker_1610
I do recall PC Rutter at Mansfield warning a steward to stop inflaming a situation by poor stewarding techniques or he would arrest him!! That was only a few years ago!

I thought they weren't allowed to get involved in a different area...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
aldi_01
January 8, 2012, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I'm not saying lads were thrown out for a real reason other than being a bit drunk but some people don't help themselves. I think most lads thrown out were stood under the roof for best part of the game yet as soon some morons raise their heads in the home section they moved towards it...its hardly helping yourself is it...

We know OB have football wrapped up in our neck of the woods, just as South Yorkshire and Nots police do...we've all been to Chesterfield to know that the Derbyshire constabulary and the shocking stewarding was gonna happening...

Stop whining, i've seen town all over the place as many have and the only time i've had dealings with the OB at a football match was at Donnie the other year and i still say that coppers helmet landed in my hand.

Seriously though, who gives a intercourse, football fans are seen and treated as scum, get over it. We won 5-2 and we seem to be a club finally moving in a decent direction...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
ticker_1610
January 8, 2012, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Yep I just recalled that from a while back, maybe Rutter would have called in a local PC to do the arrest. Then again how would it go if fans tried making a citizens arrest on a steward. Under common law? Does common law apply inside of football grounds, ergo anyone could make an arrest in the given circumstances warranted it, Ie a fan pickpocketing!! Lmao at that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
flash1
January 8, 2012, 11:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I'm not saying lads were thrown out for a real reason other than being a bit drunk but some people don't help themselves. I think most lads thrown out were stood under the roof for best part of the game yet as soon some morons raise their heads in the home section they moved towards it...its hardly helping yourself is it...

We know OB have football wrapped up in our neck of the woods, just as South Yorkshire and Nots police do...we've all been to Chesterfield to know that the Derbyshire constabulary and the shocking stewarding was gonna happening...

Stop whining, i've seen town all over the place as many have and the only time i've had dealings with the OB at a football match was at Donnie the other year and i still say that coppers helmet landed in my hand.

Seriously though, who gives a intercourse, football fans are seen and treated as scum, get over it. We won 5-2 and we seem to be a club finally moving in a decent direction...

do you mean the dozen or so 10 year olds who for obvious reasons moved to the front so that they could see the game?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
grimps
January 8, 2012, 11:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from hippo130

Well if what you say is true then that goes to show what modern day policing is all about.if a copper can see something is wrong but dosnt have the power[ or balls ] to make an arrest or at least have a word then its no wonder nobody has much respect for them these days.If a decent copper had been present and stepped forward the first time the stewards got aggressive with the town fans it would have ended there and then.Obvoiusly there was no decent coppers there yesterday and from what you say not many left anywhere else in the country.would the police had got invloved if 10 town fans had man handled a steward to the back of the stand ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
January 8, 2012, 12:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimps

Well if what you say is true then that goes to show what modern day policing is all about.if a copper can see something is wrong but dosnt have the power[ or balls ] to make an arrest or at least have a word then its no wonder nobody has much respect for them these days.If a decent copper had been present and stepped forward the first time the stewards got aggressive with the town fans it would have ended there and then.Obvoiusly there was no decent coppers there yesterday and from what you say not many left anywhere else in the country.would the police had got invloved if 10 town fans had man handled a steward to the back of the stand ??

Top post, I carnt wait for the reply

Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pc dodds

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.