AdSense and 77 Guests

Elding possible move to Swindon

This thread currently has 5,728 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Sky Sports just posted http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11758/7415073/Robins-eye-Elding-swoop

Sky Sports understands that Swindon Town are keen to take Grimsby Town striker Anthony Elding to the County Ground.

With the Robins currently occupying a place in the League Two play-off standings manager Paulo Di Canio wants to ensure momentum is maintained and sees the experienced Elding as the ideal striker to fire Swindon to automatic promotion.

Elding joined the Mariners in the summer from League One Rochdale after a last minute snub of League Two strugglers Plymouth Argyle, just before the start of the season.

The former Leeds and Stevenage striker has scored 12 times this season, forming a formidable strike partnership with Liam Hearn, who has also attracted the interest of a number of Championship clubs.

Elding, whose contract runs out in the summer, told Sky Sports: "Apparently they've been in contact with my agent but right now I'm enjoying playing at Grimsby and to stay here for the long-term would be my preferred option as we're doing well and I'd like to keep the family settled in the area."
Logged Offline
Private Message
alvinghammariner
January 6, 2012, 3:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Stop nicking our strikers! the hearn championship clubs mention has me worried though

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:40pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from FindusMariner
Sky Sports just posted http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11758/7415073/Robins-eye-Elding-swoop

Sky Sports understands that Swindon Town are keen to take Grimsby Town striker Anthony Elding to the County Ground.

With the Robins currently occupying a place in the League Two play-off standings manager Paulo Di Canio wants to ensure momentum is maintained and sees the experienced Elding as the ideal striker to fire Swindon to automatic promotion.

Elding joined the Mariners in the summer from League One Rochdale after a last minute snub of League Two strugglers Plymouth Argyle, just before the start of the season.

The former Leeds and Stevenage striker has scored 12 times this season, forming a formidable strike partnership with Liam Hearn, who has also attracted the interest of a number of Championship clubs.

Elding, whose contract runs out in the summer, told Sky Sports: "Apparently they've been in contact with my agent but right now I'm enjoying playing at Grimsby and to stay here for the long-term would be my preferred option as we're doing well and I'd like to keep the family settled in the area."

It'd be the wrong time for him to move, but then if he has a chance of League football and a probable promotion back to League One then why wouldn't he leave.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Biccys
January 6, 2012, 3:40pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Wouldn't even swap him for Alan.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:41pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
Wouldn't even swap him for Alan.

Annoyingly he'll suit Connell extremely well, which makes it even more likely to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
chicaneuk
January 6, 2012, 3:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Eldings comment is fairly reassuring though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Mariners95
January 6, 2012, 3:43pm

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
I highly doubt Elding will leave to join Swindon. As he said, he is settled with his family here and he likes playing here. The concerning thing is the part about championship clubs  being interested in Hearn. We need to keep him here no matter what, we gain money that will be wasted and kiss goodbye to promotion chances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
voice of reason
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1

Fair play to him... You hear players say they are happy and want to stay long term, then another club comes in from a higher league or more cash and they are gone... Looks like Elding genuinely does want to stay if his comments are to go by... Mind you I think if I was him with the abuse he got at the start of his Town career I wouldn't think twice about leaving...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Southwark Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
I think at the moment we'd probably lose more money from lower attendance than gain through any fee. Plus he's happy here so I doubt any move.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
connorGTFC
January 6, 2012, 3:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +10 / -14
this is looking flipping gay as intercourse, we cant lose elding ( though is comments are reassuring) hearn is a woory, championship club comes calling, i dont think he would hesistate and who could blame him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
Alfie
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
The comment at the end makes me think this may or may not be Mr. Elding's agent earning his dollar and trying to haggle a new, long term deal for his client...

Kindly oblige, Mr. Fenty...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Alfie
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
The comment at the end makes me think this may or may not be Mr. Elding's agent earning his dollar and trying to haggle a new, long term deal for his client...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:46pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I think at the moment we'd probably lose more money from lower attendance than gain through any fee. Plus he's happy here so I doubt any move.

And taking into account the money Town will get from the Bennett deal. It certainly wouldn't be in the club's best interests to sell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Manchester Mariner
January 6, 2012, 3:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 41

What a lovely chap.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
psgmariner
January 6, 2012, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Alfie

Mr Fenty has made it clear he won't be footing the bill next season.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly. If offered a fee for Elding we would be crazy to turn it down considering his contract runs out very soon.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
jock dock tower
January 6, 2012, 3:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sky Sports has to run 24 hours aday sports coverage so they're obviously going to keep speculating, and let's face it, with money being tight anybody scoring goals for fun in the BSP will attract league clubs attention. Whether they could afford him, or whether he would want to move, is entirely another matter.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:56pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

We need to cut our cloth accordingly. If offered a fee for Elding we would be crazy to turn it down considering his contract runs out very soon.

Will Fenty act in that way, though? In all seriousness he sees the club as a failed investment, but also his investment. Therefore his tie to the club is long term - this is both due to a lack of external investment and his financial commitment to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
psgmariner
January 6, 2012, 3:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker

And taking into account the money Town will get from the Bennett deal. It certainly wouldn't be in the club's best interests to sell.

What deal? There was a fanciful rumour about Bolton or Man U making a bid but as far as I am aware there was not even an offer. We can't base our financial future on a sell on clause from a transfer that was on the bbc gossip column.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
voice of reason
January 6, 2012, 3:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

I thought we had the option of extending the contract...

Mind you I guess that could turn out to be one of them 'Connell options' that we had for super Al...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:59pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

What deal? There was a fanciful rumour about Bolton or Man U making a bid but as far as I am aware there was not even an offer. We can't base our financial future on a sell on clause from a transfer that was on the bbc gossip column.

I think taking Fenty's word is slightly more fanciful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
nightrider
January 6, 2012, 3:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Sell him if the right offer comes in.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
psgmariner
January 6, 2012, 4:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

I thought we had the option of extending the contract...

Mind you I guess that could turn out to be one of them 'Connell options' that we had for super Al...  

His contract expires in July. There is an option for another year but not sure that would mean we get a fee for him if he chooses to leave.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
Garth
January 6, 2012, 4:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Quoted from nightrider
Sell him if the right offer comes in.

I think Elds may have some say in it, dont` you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
voice of reason
January 6, 2012, 4:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

His contract expires in July. There is an option for another year but not sure that would mean we get a fee for him if he chooses to leave.

Oh, no it wouldn't mean we get a fee, it would mean we can re-new his contract without getting held to ransom by his agent (not saying he would do this) and therefore we wouldn't lose him on a free...

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
Grass Roots Football
January 6, 2012, 4:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / -1
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we need ELDING AN HEARN.. his comments are good but league football talks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 4:06pm
Coke Drinker
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we need ELDING AN HEARN.. his comments are good but league football talks.

As do agents...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
ticker_1610
January 6, 2012, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Di Cannio wants Izzy McLoud from Barnet £250,000. They have just signed Benson from Charlton. They also signed a striker before the last window shut. It's just Eldings agent trying to get Eldings contract here extended by the duo before the end of the current deal expires in the summer. TBH I would like to see him given a 16 month extension now if were trying to build a team. Oxford never sold James Constable in their promotion chase and they eventually succeeded in promotion! Don't sell any of our players!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Mighty_Mariner
January 6, 2012, 4:07pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245

So does having a settled family close to your home town!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
nightrider
January 6, 2012, 4:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
January 6, 2012, 4:20pm
Guest User
Swindon have 9 contracted forwards at the moment plus they are after Mcleod ( top scorer in league 2 ) and  Grabban ( joint second top scorerin league 2  ) aswell . I've just been on the Swindon board and there fans say that they dont want him . I dont think Elding would move cause he is enjoying life here by the sounds of it and has alot of respect from the fans . UTM !
Reply: 29 - 61
nightrider
January 6, 2012, 4:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Obviously Elding will have a say but money talks and if he was offered a good contract I doubt he'd turn it down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
nelly_gtfc
January 6, 2012, 4:32pm
Guest User
If they offered Elding double his wages it would be hard not to want to go at his age as well.   I'm sure Swindon is a nicer area to live as well.
Reply: 31 - 61
ginnywings
January 6, 2012, 4:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I think it's a good thing that other clubs are interested our players.Shows we are moving in the right direction.

It's better than being stuck with a load of makeweights who we couldn't give away,as has been the case in the past.The position we are now in means we are a selling club and if a player moves on for a bit of wonga,then we just have to accept that and go find another gem.Peterborough and Scunny,to name two,have been doing it successfully for a while and still managed to move up the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
meggietown
January 6, 2012, 4:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ticker_1610
Di Cannio wants Izzy McLoud from Barnet £250,000. They have just signed Benson from Charlton. They also signed a striker before the last window shut. It's just Eldings agent trying to get Eldings contract here extended by the duo before the end of the current deal expires in the summer. TBH I would like to see him given a 16 month extension now if were trying to build a team. Oxford never sold James Constable in their promotion chase and they eventually succeeded in promotion! Don't sell any of our players!

well said,i was thinking exactly the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
gtfc_akpa_akpro
January 6, 2012, 4:43pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
I think it's a good thing that other clubs are interested our players.Shows we are moving in the right direction.

It's better than being stuck with a load of makeweights who we couldn't give away,as has been the case in the past.The position we are now in means we are a selling club and if a player moves on for a bit of wonga,then we just have to accept that and go find another gem.Peterborough and Scunny,to name two,have been doing it successfully for a while and still managed to move up the leagues.

you're right, but even they keep their players for longer than just 6 months! i don't think we need to be worrying to much about elding. the main issue here is HEARN because he is the sort of player that the bigger clubs look for, i.e scunny buying their new striker. anyone with a record of goals down in these leagues will ultimately be snapped up and there's nothing we can do about it.

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
marinerian
January 6, 2012, 4:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
#Eldingfacts; Elding is so good he even made marinerian to change his mind!    

I think he will stay, he is 40 miles from his home town and settled and playing very well.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
ticker_1610
January 6, 2012, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Yep Scunny have really scoured the non league for their latest signing, from stalybridge celtic!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
upthestripes
January 6, 2012, 4:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
We knew from the beginning that Hearn was likely to do well in this league and attract interest from better placed clubs.
This hardly comes as a shock, even if the rumours do concern Championship sides.

As for Swindon, fook off. You've got Connell now you want to drip feed us peanuts for Elding as well? I repeat, fook off.
Nice to read his comments and my respect for the guy grows by the day.

As Ginnywings said, it's good at least that we have a side with sought-after players in it.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
mariner91
January 6, 2012, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
I would be seriously surprised if a Championship club were to take a chance on Hearn. He's great at our level but is 26 so won't likely improve that much more.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Tommy
January 6, 2012, 4:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Swindon signed a striker last week didn't they. Which probably takes them up to about 27 strikers they've got. SkySports aren't exactly known for their great coverage or inside information of the lower leagues and coverage is normally lazy. I think as Alfie suggests this could be Eldings agent at work as I've no doubt A.E. Would prefer to stay here, where he is becoming a real crowd favourite in the county where he is from.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
Poojah
January 6, 2012, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,044
Gold Stars: 1,535
Quoted from 470
If they offered Elding double his wages it would be hard not to want to go at his age as well.   I'm sure Swindon is a nicer area to live as well.

You've never been to Swindon, have you?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
marinerian
January 6, 2012, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Poojah

Full of flipping roundabouts  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
nickmariners
January 6, 2012, 5:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from marinerian

Full of flipping roundabouts  

...I like a funfair, me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
nelly_gtfc
January 6, 2012, 5:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

Nope, Melinda Messenger is from there thats about as nice as I know about it lol.

Quoted from mariner91
I would be seriously surprised if a Championship club were to take a chance on Hearn. He's great at our level but is 26 so won't likely improve that much more.
Some may not agree but Alan Connell is like a fine wine and has got better with age.
Reply: 43 - 61
Fishfinger
January 6, 2012, 5:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
After reading Elding's comments, just makes me love him even more! Don't think he will move and Swindon can intercourse off trying to get all our strikers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
we will return
January 6, 2012, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from mariner91

I would be suprised if he went all the way to the championship but despite being 26 I still think he'll improve a bit more, he's already improved a fair bit this season alone.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
Seine Netter
January 6, 2012, 5:56pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I was told it is Brighton who are sniffing around Hearn, just a whisper from a lad from that neck of the woods I used to work with, mind. Don't take it as gospel or shoot me down!
Very nice part of the country though !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
bradzmilne
January 6, 2012, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Oh i hate the transfer window

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
LeightonMariner
January 6, 2012, 6:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Seine Netter
I was told it is Brighton who are sniffing around Hearn, just a whisper from a lad from that neck of the woods I used to work with, mind. Don't take it as gospel or shoot me down!

Ah Brighton beach, every weekend blokes go there and start drilling.  Don't know why they bother, no oil's been found yet.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
Seine Netter
January 6, 2012, 6:14pm
Coke Drinker
I like this comment^^
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
brad_gtfc
January 6, 2012, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Elding - Doubt he'd go Swindon, can see how much he loves it here and loves playing football, im sure there was talk of him moving when he wasn't in the team so why he'd go to Swindon I dont know. If he has 1 bad game he'll be on the bench with Paolo looking to sign another striker on loan. Hopefully its just pushing us to sign him on a longer contract and so we flipping should. Whos in charge atm? Who decides on contracts?

Hearn - Its no suprise bigger clubs are interested in him, he's scoring goals and playing well.

Vital we keep both at least till the end of next season in my view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
upthestripes
January 6, 2012, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Ah Brighton beach, every weekend blokes go there and start drilling.  Don't know why they bother, no oil's been found yet.

Well what was it I slipped on then?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
Meza
January 6, 2012, 7:43pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
I would not let us be bullied into selling any of our key players unless they offer 500K.  Just because we dont have a chairman or might be some problems with financing the club next year doesn't mean we can let our players go ont he cheap...i was amazed that Connell's transfer was done over a perod of time.....talk about taking the urine.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Bullitt
January 6, 2012, 7:45pm
Guest User
Knob off Swindon/anyone who wants our strikers, if we lose them we can kiss bye bye to any chance of getting back in the football league anytime soon.
Reply: 53 - 61
Garth
January 6, 2012, 7:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Quoted from Meza
I would not let us be bullied into selling any of our key players unless they offer 500K.  Just because we dont have a chairman or might be some problems with financing the club next year doesn't mean we can let our players go ont he cheap...i was amazed that Connell's transfer was done over a perod of time.....talk about taking the urine.

Connell wanted away, pointless trying to hang onto someone who`s heart is not in it, better a drip feed than nothing,  Elding situation however seems different
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
HarryTheHaddock
January 6, 2012, 7:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Our squad is taking shape nicely at the moment. It'd be very short sighted to let Hearn or Elding go mid-season, unless a large offer was made.
I agree with another poster who said how it shows our progression, as bigger clubs are showing interest in our players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Meza
January 6, 2012, 8:01pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Garth
[/b]

Connell wanted away, pointless trying to hang onto someone who`s heart is not in it, better a drip feed than nothing,  Elding situation however seems different

True Garth but its not like they haven't got  the money i'd have said half now and th other half over a period of time, but thats me lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
RoboCod
January 6, 2012, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Complete balderdash I think. He's just settled here, he's worked hard to get himself fit and sharp and he's won over the fans, he's even won over the more volatile nutty fans, why would he go through all that AND have to win over a volatile, nutty manager into the bargain.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Abdul19
January 6, 2012, 8:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
I'd be surprised if bigger clubs weren't looking at Hearn - you don't score the amount of goals he has and go unnoticed. Looking at is a long way from putting a serious bid in though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
louth_in_the_south
January 6, 2012, 8:19pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Seine Netter

No mention or rumours of Liam heading down to Sussex from what my seagulls mate know about . No offence to him but can't see Brighton picking players out the conference . They've got enough cash not to need to take the gamble .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
lukeo
January 7, 2012, 7:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
we should offer them both an extention on their contract with a very small increase of pay. That way it shows our commitment to them and then it'll show their commitment to us if they sign ... Then come May if Hearns banged in 30+ and someone is offering us 'an offer we can't refuse' atleast then we'll have the time to find a worthy enough replacement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
NewtoN
January 7, 2012, 8:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from lukeo
we should offer them both an extention on their contract with a very small increase of pay. That way it shows our commitment to them and then it'll show their commitment to us if they sign ... Then come May if Hearns banged in 30+ and someone is offering us 'an offer we can't refuse' atleast then we'll have the time to find a worthy enough replacement.

Hearn was signed on a 3year deal, we have plenty of time to seek a replacement if required

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding possible move to Swindon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.