Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Power not in training for Lincoln - move likely?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 78 Guests

Power not in training for Lincoln - move likely?

This thread currently has 4,066 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ticker_1610
January 6, 2012, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I read elsewhere and from other Imp fans that he was showing good form several weeks ago and therefore was not suprised by his contribution. I was surprised to read he had only played well v us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
Garth
January 6, 2012, 3:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
Power quote:-

“But now I am at Lincoln and when I heard they were interested, I was over the moon. I couldn’t wait to put pen to paper because I knew the set-up would be great.”

Sounds like that other travelling Irish man Robbie Kean
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
Garth
January 6, 2012, 3:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Might be another Joe Waters for us,  however he`d be a smaller fish in a bigger pond here though, ala Dis, Conner,Hearn, Miller, Elds, Coulson need I go on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from Garth
Might be another Joe Waters for us,  however he`d be a smaller fish in a bigger pond here though, ala Dis, Conner,Hearn, Miller, Elds, Coulson need I go on

Unfortunately you've only cited one central midfielder there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
Garth
January 6, 2012, 3:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from FindusMariner

Unfortunately you've only cited one central midfielder there.

Was not talking about positions played, just what they are worth to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
FindusMariner
January 6, 2012, 3:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from Garth

Was not talking about positions played, just what they are worth to us.

Well yes, but are you saying that other than Disley there's a better central midfielder at the club than Power?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Garth
January 6, 2012, 3:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from FindusMariner

Well yes, but are you saying that other than Disley there's a better central midfielder at the club than Power?

Nope! assuming his two perfornmances against us were the norm, I have said in previous posts that we should try for him if possible, but no Big Time Charlies please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
TaxMariner
January 6, 2012, 4:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Power would slot into our midfield perfectly. He was by far Lincoln's best player over the two games against Town & was impressed with him. He's a busy player who is always involved & is capable of carrying the ball & beating an opponent. Power was the conduit for the majority of Lincoln's movement going forward. We do not have a player like him at present & his presence would take some of the load off Disley. Disley + Power = more creativity = more firepower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
aldi_01
January 6, 2012, 5:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don't think Power would give us anything more to our midfield...did a lot of side passes and run width ways across the pitch as opposed to making pressuring runs forward and attacking balls up to the strikers...

That said, he may also look good because he is in the worst side we've seen this season and the shite around him make him stand out...he may also be too good for the players around him hence the sideways passes etc...

Its alright, Scott Kerr reckons he could have kept the sinking ship Imp up on his own....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
tonyfordsmicrofro
January 7, 2012, 1:17am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Power was probably Lincoln's best player when I saw him play against us on new years day, the best of a bad bunch.  He had a few tricks but nothing that Bradders couldn't deal with. Whinged a lot and made a wanking a small member gesture at the fans in the lower Findus when he knew him and the rest of the shite around him were beaten. He'll probably end up at a club like Barnet or Plymouth. Anywhere but Grimsby will do for me.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Power not in training for Lincoln - move likely?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.