mariner83
January 6, 2012, 11:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Kiernan Hughes-Mason
Signed a deal with Grimsby town this morning.. Very happy. Looking forward to meeting the boys AGAIN!! #GTFC
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
RoboCod
January 6, 2012, 11:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Is this a sign of the growing confidence of S&H in their managerial setup? No doubt they were adapting at the seasons start and made mistakes, perhaps they thought bringing a player in of with the potential but overall underdeveloped attributes of someone like KHM and chucking him in the deep end, along with themselves, might be counter productive.

Now they're in their stride and fixed the main problems with the team they are ready to start jiggling with counter formations and setups a little more. I'd love to see KHM in a Reddy-type role for away games, hitting the opposition on the break and watching Reddy gallop to their box was a joyous sight. KHM might not be comparable overall to Reddy but maybe the duo have something similar in mind as to how to use his pace.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
AndyGTFC
January 6, 2012, 11:37am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Never saw him in pre-season but remember Humberside saying he was a handful when we played Kettering. Seems like he'll add a bit of raw pace up top, which is always a nice option to have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
ticker_1610
January 6, 2012, 11:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Cheers fellas, I think he will be a useful part of the jigsaw that's coming together nicely. We need a loan CM now alongside Disley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
ginnywings
January 6, 2012, 11:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
I've been saying for a while that we need more pace and threat in the middle and that a left winger who can get to the byeline is a must.Would have preferred someone a bit more experienced and not as raw,but he seems to fit in with what S&H are doing,namely young players we can develop and considering the conditions he was playing at with Kettering,travelling up from London for training and such,i would imagine he will benefit from a bit of stability.Wouldn't imagine he will be making big wage demands either,so a good chance to see his potential for the rest of the season.Can also play in more than one position,which seems to be a theme.

Have to say though,that i would rather it had been Panther signing for the rest of the season.I think he makes the team tick and his role is under-appreciated by some fans because he doesn't go flying around the pitch.

Hope we can bring someone experienced into the middle of the park,because i feel we are a bit light there now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Stew0_0
January 6, 2012, 11:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,198
Gold Stars: 35
Would like to see someone like Max Porter come in on loan and then I think we'd be set
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Sigone
January 6, 2012, 1:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Quoted from ginnywings
I've been saying for a while that we need more pace and threat in the middle and that a left winger who can get to the byeline is a must.

Pretty sure he is right footed but stand to be corrected on that one.

Quoted from ginnywings
Have to say though,that i would rather it had been Panther signing for the rest of the season.I think he makes the team tick and his role is under-appreciated by some fans because he doesn't go flying around the pitch.

I wonder if panther might sign at the end of Jan when his ban finishes, unless either (a) He finds another club or (b) we find someone else.  Thats a point with which club does he serve his 3 match ban, if he's at Aldershot and they have games called off he could be banned for some time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
BottesfordMariner
January 6, 2012, 4:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I can't even remember him playing againt us for Kettering- clearly did not make much of an impression on me that day.

like some of the previous posts i also saw him at brigg and thought he had some about him. Had hoped we would sign him back then- might well offer an decent option out wide/up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
lukeo
January 7, 2012, 7:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
Looking at it from my point of view .. He's never been at a big club so I persume he wont be earning much per week. I think he'll be our 4th striker behind hearn, elding and Duffy. Cheaper wages a week than Spencer was but offers something different.
I'm never right usually though so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
acko338
January 7, 2012, 10:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 33
My take is that he will be firing bullet crosses in from a fixed winger role  - Coulson and him both being able to change wings comfortably if needed - and then Elding / Hearn / Coulson (and Duffy, if playing) will be very grateful for accurate goal scoring chances!

More raw pace is just what will boost more goal opportunities, particularly as defenders tire in the 2nd halves of games ! Right age, good potential !

Wanted him to be signed after his trial, so pleased to see him getting another chance - one to develop hopefully and fit into the jigsaw !

Could he potentially become another Vardy type player in this league ??

Quality centre midfield position to fill now and we COULD be flying !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hughes-Mason signs till end of season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.