Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More on Darlington...........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 66 Guests

More on Darlington...........

This thread currently has 4,668 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 5, 2012, 9:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,469
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from flash1

just wonder if we were in the same boat would people donate to save us!err,me think not!but fair play if you think different!

Not the point. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 48
ticker_1610
January 5, 2012, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
No no no. Three times in admin is enough, they can't afford full time due to their own over spending and the fans lapped it up. They loved the smooth now deal with the rough. No sentiments for Darlo I'm afraid not this time!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
gaz57
January 5, 2012, 9:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Without opposition we are nothing. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
GrimRob
January 5, 2012, 9:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,469
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from ticker_1610
No no no. Three times in admin is enough, they can't afford full time due to their own over spending and the fans lapped it up. They loved the smooth now deal with the rough. No sentiments for Darlo I'm afraid not this time!!!

That's pretty rich considering we lost a million quid last year!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 48
voice of reason
January 5, 2012, 9:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from GrimRob
If you can help, please donate via PayPal to scott@ukrivals.net, who runs the Darlo Unconvered site (used to be a Rivals site when the Fishy was on there). They've just raised enough to get them going for a bit longer (five grand in a few hours). I've given a few quid. If all fans of the 24 teams gave a bit they could at least see the season out.

Fook me... Some people... Football clubs are constantly begging for money from fans and people like you seem to think it's OK and happily support this cause... They are not charities ffs, they are businesses and poorly run ones, hence why they're in the mess and hence why our club is in a mess...

I feel for the fans, I really do but there is NO way I would donate any of my money to another club and I would want some assurances before I donated anything to ours, assurances like the idiots who got us into the mess would not be involved in any way ever again at the club...

Do you think if all was well and good and they was getting 20k through the gates every week the chairman of these clubs would think, hang on a minute we are making a fair bit of cash here, let's drop the price to get into the ground or sell the shirts cheaper...??? Would they fook, they would think nice one, we can add a quid here and there and make more money... Clubs are quite happy screwing fans over and preying on the conscience of the loyal supporter but when they are in the shite they turn to the fans all doughy eyed expecting them to bail them out...

It's fooking insanely wrong... If people have money to donate I would urge you all to donate it to something useful like Les's charity, cancer research, wish upon a star, charities for the homeless or people with learning or physical disabilities... You know help people who haven't screwed others over and have just genuinely been dealt a bad hand in life, give them a second chance at life but ffs don't give it to these poorly run businesses, they'll keep doing it the more the fans keep bailing them out...

Anyways rant over and I genuinely hope things work out for Darlo but you won't be getting a penny off me...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
Offley mariner
January 5, 2012, 9:49pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
Darlo will be reborn and come back stronger as AFC Darlo under the stewardship of the fans as many other clubs seem to have done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
ticker_1610
January 5, 2012, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Yes but have we been in admin 3 times? No, if we did go into Admin we the fans are partially to blame, we want league football n now we want a successful team to get us back there n were demanding players. To do that 3 times is serial recklessness. I won't give a penny. Furthermore how can they guarantee any money given won't just pay the administrators! A few grand might pay existing staff wages that have been kept on, but not enough to pay for trained stewards or groundsmen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
psgmariner
January 5, 2012, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from voice of reason

Fook me... Some people... Football clubs are constantly begging for money from fans and people like you seem to think it's OK and happily support this cause... They are not charities ffs, they are businesses and poorly run ones, hence why they're in the mess and hence why our club is in a mess...

I feel for the fans, I really do but there is NO way I would donate any of my money to another club and I would want some assurances before I donated anything to ours, assurances like the idiots who got us into the mess would not be involved in any way ever again at the club...

Do you think if all was well and good and they was getting 20k through the gates every week the chairman of these clubs would think, hang on a minute we are making a fair bit of cash here, let's drop the price to get into the ground or sell the shirts cheaper...??? Would they fook, they would think nice one, we can add a quid here and there and make more money... Clubs are quite happy screwing fans over and preying on the conscience of the loyal supporter but when they are in the shite they turn to the fans all doughy eyed expecting them to bail them out...

It's fooking insanely wrong... If people have money to donate I would urge you all to donate it to something useful like Les's charity, cancer research, wish upon a star, charities for the homeless or people with learning or physical disabilities... You know help people who haven't screwed others over and have just genuinely been dealt a bad hand in life, give them a second chance at life but ffs don't give it to these poorly run businesses, they'll keep doing it the more the fans keep bailing them out...

Anyways rant over and I genuinely hope things work out for Darlo but you won't be getting a penny off me...  

I tend to agree with you but if Wrexham fans felt like this they wouldn't own their own club.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
tintowner
January 5, 2012, 9:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from ticker_1610
Yes but have we been in admin 3 times? No, if we did go into Admin we the fans are partially to blame, we want league football n now we want a successful team to get us back there n were demanding players. To do that 3 times is serial recklessness. I won't give a penny. Furthermore how can they guarantee any money given won't just pay the administrators! A few grand might pay existing staff wages that have been kept on, but not enough to pay for trained stewards or groundsmen.

By all accounts, the fans have given a wad of money to the manager (craig Liddle) to distribute to the players directly.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
nelly_gtfc
January 5, 2012, 9:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from tintowner

By all accounts, the fans have given a wad of money to the manager (craig Liddle) to distribute to the players directly.
Haven't been paid since November but been earning around a grand a week prior to that? poor them.

Also when a company goes insolvent employees can make a claim http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Pay/DG_10026695 I got a few grand when a company I worked for a few year ago went insolvent.

All the players will find new clubs anyway, look at Miller.
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More on Darlington...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.