4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Alfie
January 5, 2012, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Great idea.

If a hit is it worth looking at getting this set up electronically so predictions could be submitted online via the Trust website (a la the POM on the Fishy) and then setting it up, if not done so already, so payment can be done by direct debit automatically? For example, I don't have PayPal currently so can't play.

Less hassle for all parties and will encourage people to keep playing.

Good work PSG. Commendable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Rodley Mariner
January 5, 2012, 4:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Am in - predictions and reference e-mailed to you. For those who don't have Paypal it is very straightforward and safe to set up and use.

UTM.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
Grim_Exile
January 5, 2012, 5:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
I've just done this, and it's worth pointing out that you don't have to have a Paypal account to make a payment.  Once you have created a logon and added the entry to your basket, you will be presented with just the option to pay by Paypal.  If you click next you will be directed to the Paypal screen, which contains the magic words "If you do not have a Paypal account.....".  You can complete payment using your credit or debit card as you would on any other website.

If this takes off, it mught be worth adding options for 5 / 10 / 20 entries so people can pay up front and just PM their predictions (rather than having to pay individually each time).  Maybe even a season ticket in the longer term  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
d_mariner84
January 5, 2012, 5:27pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: -25
Great idea PSG sent my preictions and ref number.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
psgmariner
January 5, 2012, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grim_Exile
I've just done this, and it's worth pointing out that you don't have to have a Paypal account to make a payment.  Once you have created a logon and added the entry to your basket, you will be presented with just the option to pay by Paypal.  If you click next you will be directed to the Paypal screen, which contains the magic words "If you do not have a Paypal account.....".  You can complete payment using your credit or debit card as you would on any other website.

If this takes off, it mught be worth adding options for 5 / 10 / 20 entries so people can pay up front and just PM their predictions (rather than having to pay individually each time).  Maybe even a season ticket in the longer term  

Great news, people are running out of excuses not to enter now!

have edited my previous posts to make it clear Paypal is not teh only payment option.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
marinerjase
January 6, 2012, 1:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
done, sent pm with details

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Trawler
January 6, 2012, 9:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
How many entries now please PSG? I need to calculate what are my winnings are going to be  

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
psgmariner
January 6, 2012, 9:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
There have been 15 entries paid for and submitted, but quite a few others have indicated they will do it later today / tomorrow.

So, the pot is currently £30 meaning £12 for the prize fund and £18 for the Trust.

Was hoping for a quite a few more than this to be honest, so fingers crossed we get some more entries before 2.30pm tomorrow.

UTM

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
forza ivano
January 6, 2012, 11:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,304
Gold Stars: 266
how about mentioning on the official site forum and grim outlook psg?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
psgmariner
January 6, 2012, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
how about mentioning on the official site forum and grim outlook psg?

I have already posted on Grim Outlook but I can't access the superb new official site from work and don't have a log in.

If anyone can post on there for me it would be appreciated.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Prediction Competition 07/01/12

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.