Fortress BP

This thread currently has 4,738 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Nilo
January 4, 2012, 4:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from ticker_1610
To be honest the upper left of the Ponny nearly killed the atmosphere, they appeared to be deliberately not joining in the singing unless they started the usual chants they have. However us at the back persevered n in the end the shear numbers of others joining slowly drew them into the general chants no matter where they started. If they want others to join them then it has to be Quid pro quo! By intimidating I don't think it was physically intimidating just a cacophony of noise!

I sit in the top left of the pontoon and we spend most of the songs trying to work out what was being sang. Nothing against anyone else starting songs etc but if we cant hear what it is then we cant sing it? We are at the furthest point from the upper right of the Findus which seemingly was the loudest part of the ground so by time we have heard what song it is, its finished.  And if we are already singing then this obviously becomes alot harder to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Marinerz93
January 4, 2012, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Nilo

I sit in the top left of the pontoon and we spend most of the songs trying to work out what was being sang. Nothing against anyone else starting songs etc but if we cant hear what it is then we cant sing it? We are at the furthest point from the upper right of the Findus which seemingly was the loudest part of the ground so by time we have heard what song it is, its finished.  And if we are already singing then this obviously becomes alot harder to hear.

Simple solution is to move to the middle, I used to sit left hand side then moved to the middle, I now mainly sit upper Findus, Osmond end.  You could get banter going between the Findus and Pontoon and I'm sure that would increase the noise even further than it was against Lincoln.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
ticker_1610
January 4, 2012, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Balderdash we sit 25 metres away, n if you can't hear us singing mariners mariners then you need to have hearing tests. We looked across n broderick n cronies were just stood quiet looking around with no intention of joining in unless is was their song or chant. Perhaps you couldn't hear you fill up my senses that we sang several times. It sometimes takes a few seconds to realise whats being sung but we always join in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
ross1cod
January 4, 2012, 8:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
to be fair, the ponny looked good, but from the far right of the upper it was really difficult to hear what was being sung, i even got several txt.s from the ponny asking if i could hear them. I guess its just one of those stands that just doesnt hold sound very well,i heard the main stand more than the ponny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
ticker_1610
January 4, 2012, 8:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
We couldn't hear the main stand at all in the ponny. Just a few sounds from the findus. My lad who sits at the centre front of the ponny said it was awesome noise behind him. All down to acoustics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
ross1cod
January 4, 2012, 8:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
you will never get all stands singing together, even in the upper, by the time one side joined in, the other had stopped, guess its the same in the ponny, i doubt the lads in the top left where not joining in on purpose, like i say from my view the top left looked like it was bouncing all game, just couldnt hear them.

interaction before all 3 stands would be awsome, rather than trying to be the loudest stand,maybe one should chant at another,and so on.

still one of the best sights i have witnessed for many a season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ticker_1610
January 4, 2012, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Yeah, Gilly n co are all decent lads, just need to catch onto tunes quicker n carry them on longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
immariner
January 4, 2012, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ticker_1610
To be honest the upper left of the Ponny nearly killed the atmosphere, they appeared to be deliberately not joining in the singing unless they started the usual chants they have. However us at the back persevered n in the end the shear numbers of others joining slowly drew them into the general chants no matter where they started. If they want others to join them then it has to be Quid pro quo! By intimidating I don't think it was physically intimidating just a cacophony of noise!

That's it for me Ticker. I was sat at the Pontoon end of the Findus, near the bottom, and I could see the right side starting chants, reaching the middle and then it stopped. It seems others don't want to join in with the top-left lot (whoever that is) as all they appear to do is rush through songs. Personally, I do think you have to be a bit of a div if you want to create atmosphere and you go and sit yourself in the top left of the Pontoon. No offence, laaahk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
ticker_1610
January 4, 2012, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
They are decent lads, they just need to join in as soon as they hear the songs n spread it across the pony. We pick up their chants n join in. They maybe will join in v Hornchurch. Otherwise I think well start the chant sing up left side sing up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
immariner
January 4, 2012, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ticker_1610
They are decent lads, they just need to join in as soon as they hear the songs n spread it across the pony. We pick up their chants n join in. They maybe will join in v Hornchurch. Otherwise I think well start the chant sing up left side sing up!

I'm sure they are decent lads and I really can't fault their passion. However isn't the big logistical problem being overlooked here with regards open side/noise being lost. It seems bonkers that a lot of our most fervent singers would stick themselves there! Am I missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fortress BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.