Logged Offline
Private Message
we will return
January 2, 2012, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
McKeown- 7, Fairly solid, had no chance with a goal, made a couple of good saves.
Wood- 9, Great performance stopped near enough everything from getting past him
Garner- 8, As Scott said after the match, didn't notice him or Miller which is good, no mistake, solid performance.
Miller- 8, Same as Garner, seemed like he'd been apart of the defence for a while not a couple of days.
Townsend- 9 (MOM)- Superb defensively and very good going forward, brilliant crosses for the first 2 goals, 2nd cross was especially good.
Coulson-8, Always a threat, got stuck in well and made some good tackles, good header for his goal.
Disley- 7, Played good some good balls and challenged well against Lincoln midfield 3, him and Panther neutralised the threat of Power.
Panther- 8, I thought he played he best game for Town yesterday, got stuck in at every opportunity and played some great balls, one pass to Hearn in the first half was fantastic. No idea what he was sent off for.
Artus-7, I think he's probably more effective coming on from the bench like on boxing day, didn't do much wrong but I expected him to create more than he did.
Elding-8, Entertaining all the way through, hardworking as always, linked up well with Hearn and a well taken penalty.
Hearn- 8, Well taken goal, his pace was troubling the Lincoln defence all game.

Thanoj-7, Made some decent tackles and moved the ball well when he was introduced, confident on the ball for a youngster.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Garth
January 2, 2012, 1:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
[quote=3786]short an sharp..

macca, 7 Did all he was asked which from Lincoln was not much

wood, 8/9 Will miss his endeavour whilst he is suspended, I hope Silk does well

garner, 7 Much improved and hell of a substitute to call on

miller, 8 Slotted in like he`d been here for years

townsend, 8 Never dissapoints will miss him if he goes

coulson, 7/8 Always a threat and gets better each match he plays

disley, 7 Did Ok and got some rough treatment, would like to see him alongside Power though

panther, 6/7 Always gives his all and has improved a lot his best match for us by far, don`t know what he does but it aint half effective

artus, 6 Not his biggest fan yet and was not as effective as Boxing day

hearn, 8 Always a danger when goalside of his marker, needs to find space more IMO gets too easily marked, lobbing long balls to his head is not his game

elding, 8 Decent all round performance, always roaming around looking for space,love his movement off the ball

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
ticker_1610
January 2, 2012, 1:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Agree with WWR ratings spot on for me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Grass Roots Football
January 2, 2012, 1:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Quoted from ticker_1610
Agree with WWR ratings spot on for me!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
80sglory
January 2, 2012, 2:11pm
Guest User
Think WWR's comments are about right.
Wouldn't rate Disley or McKeown below the majority though.

Tbh up until the goal I wasn't too pleased with Coulson - went dillying dallying not clearing in his own 3rd, also had a greedy shot when there were players in the box too.

But he certainly redeemed himself and that tackle he made running miles back was excellent !  
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › player ratings v gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.