Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Church coming back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Church coming back.

This thread currently has 2,320 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
January 2, 2012, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from immariner
Well aware of that. It does show how low he has sunk, from playing in the Championship with Norwich to not even getting in the matchday squad of a side in the relegation places of the Conference, whilst still only in his early twenties. It would appear that Rob Eagle's professional football career is all but over.
hope he finds his level soon and establishes himself somewhere be it the bsp or even the bsp north/south.Must be hard for him to have started so high and then dropped down the leagues in a relative short period of time

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 2, 2012, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I wish the lad well. He has talent and with a bit of luck and effort he could make the grade.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Madeleymariner
January 2, 2012, 12:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,074
Gold Stars: 52
If Eagle signs for Cambridge and plays against us, he is bound to score from the halfway line as he will know all too well about McKeowns tendency to stand outside his penalty for a minute admiring his own freekicks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
immariner
January 2, 2012, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from chiumento
Eagle is signing for Cambridge...far from over!

Where did you see this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
MarinerJosh
January 2, 2012, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +3 / -5
I think S&H will bring Church in and bring him up to scratch. Look at what they've done for Elding. I still believe Church is going to turn into an excellent player.

Grimsby Town FC.

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/iwneic.jpg[/IMG]

One Love!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
grimps
January 2, 2012, 12:29pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
I thought Eagle was decent whenever i see hom play,chipped in with a few goals too.i just dont think Scott and Hurst fancied him for some reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
chiumento
January 2, 2012, 12:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from immariner

Where did you see this?

From himself. Didn't make the alfreton squad in the last 2 games because he was SACKED from GTFC therefore automatically ending his loan with alfreton. Cambridge wanted to sign him in the summer but he chose to stay. Now moving back home (near Norwich) and signing for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Biccys
January 2, 2012, 12:36pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from grimps
I thought Eagle was decent whenever i see hom play,chipped in with a few goals too.i just dont think Scott and Hurst fancied him for some reason.

And why would they when they have Elding in the squad..... #eldingfacts

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 22
immariner
January 2, 2012, 1:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from chiumento

From himself. Didn't make the alfreton squad in the last 2 games because he was SACKED from GTFC therefore automatically ending his loan with alfreton. Cambridge wanted to sign him in the summer but he chose to stay. Now moving back home (near Norwich) and signing for them.

No need to shout!

I must have missed him being sacked, I was under the impression he was to leave us after his loan ended i.e mutual consent and I didn't think his loan spell was due to end until after yesterday's game. I was thinking his lack of games, both throughout this season and also in his short career thus far, coupled with his driving ban and (alledged) issues with alcohol might lead to him being left on the footballing scrap heap. Moving closer to home should have a positive affect and Cambridge is a good move for him, and I wish him all the best; at times last season he showed he did have some ability and an eye for a goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Biccys
January 2, 2012, 1:04pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Eagle wasn't on loan here, he was signed ages ago.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Church coming back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.