Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play-offs certainly possible!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 78 Guests

Play-offs certainly possible!

This thread currently has 2,132 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
January 1, 2012, 9:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Abdul19
We still have to go to Fleetwood, Luton and Wrexham, as well as those games mentioned above.

We're on a good run, and we're obviously improving, but until we start performing well against the better sides I can't see us making it.

I'd be surprised if we didn't better last season's 11th place though.

Can't disagree with that. But when we've faced the top sides previously, we haven't had the character, confidence and stability that we currently have.

Will be interesting to see us take on the likes of Fleetwood and Luton if we're in anything like this vein of form.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
mariner91
January 1, 2012, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
I get the feeling that there's a bit of belief amongst the team, amongst the fans (at games and on here) and confidence and momentum can play a huge role. We have got that at the minute, its a long way to go but perhaps, for once, this isn't a false dawn. Fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Abdul19
January 1, 2012, 9:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Tommy

Can't disagree with that. But when we've faced the top sides previously, we haven't had the character, confidence and stability that we currently have.

Very true. The Cambridge game in 9 days time might be a good indicator.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Conference10
January 1, 2012, 9:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
It becomes lottery football from here on in.

Our problem is clearly that our run of form hasn't included games against the real high flying movers and shakers. When we start getting 3 points off the likes of Luton then I will start believing. In the meantime I am happy to continue enjoying the massive improvement and hope it continues into the start of next season.

I will say one thing though, the key to this will be getting the defense right. That is the only issue for me. The two full backs are awesome and hopefully Miller, Garner, Pearson and Charlie can be solid options from here on in. One thing is for sure though. Teams will have to score 3 goals to beat us as our goals scored average since end of October in the league is 2.75 goals and that is superb attacking form by anyone's standards.

Isn't it wonderful to be competing for something positive for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
EY Mariner
January 1, 2012, 9:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
As I was driving to today's game, I was thinking that we have more reason to be optimistic going into this new year than we have had for a number of years. The playoffs are a possibility but no more than that at the moment, because of the ground we still need to make up on the top five. Let's enjoy the fact we're going in the right direction for now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
acko338
January 1, 2012, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Good home support is important for those three points each game, but the form away from home will need to be better and consistent to the end of the season to make playoffs realistic !!

But...... the change in the tightness of our defence over the last ten games must now start to give fans more optimism.

Let's take another look at the end of January to see where we stand !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
upthestripes
January 1, 2012, 10:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from EY Mariner
Let's enjoy the fact we're going in the right direction for now.

Unlike the fans on the Lincoln coaches

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
GYinScuntland
January 2, 2012, 11:27am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Every game this month looks winnable IMO, especially after the shot in the arm the players got yesterday.Then we should have a good indicator and maybe be a lot nearer the top 5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Marinerz93
January 2, 2012, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Easter is the time for seeing just how realistic the play-off's are, there will be games were we struggle and lose.  I've said it before and I won't tire of saying as long as the players fight for every blade of grass, this team is worthy of our great support.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
GtfcGarner
January 2, 2012, 11:32am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,796
Gold Stars: 26
Think we just got bullied out the game by Fleetwood, and if its the right game which i remember correctly McNulty was elbowing Elding all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play-offs certainly possible!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.