3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
bax
December 31, 2011, 5:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I did this a month or so ago now, will be of interest to some and not to others. Chat with Adrian Forbes about his time at Town. Thoroughly nice bloke, now playing semi-pro at Lowestoft and training Norwich City's young kids:

http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....acker-adrian-forbes/
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 31, 2011, 5:11pm
Guest User
Haven't read it yet but imagine having Forbes instead of Hearn........
Reply: 1 - 20
December 31, 2011, 5:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Haven't read it yet but imagine having Forbes instead of Hearn........

Get your self to bed BP you have a very early wake up tonight, plus the missus was not happy earlier !!!
Reply: 2 - 20
marinerian
December 31, 2011, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
He was shocking, injuries or not his reading of our beautiful game was painfully shite!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
December 31, 2011, 5:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from 891

Get your self to bed BP you have a very early wake up tonight, plus the missus was not happy earlier !!!

Up at 3.00am Gaz. Not a problem for a man of my standing.
Reply: 4 - 20
ticker_1610
December 31, 2011, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Dont read well for our physio. Not recognising a broken fib or tib n then massaging the new bone growth, thinking it was swelling n bruising. I wonder if our players have much faith in him. Jarmo was mis diagnosed n just left at the hospital to sort himself out. How many other member ups we ain't heard about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Tommy
December 31, 2011, 5:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Interesting (surprising) that he says he could still do a job in the league. I couldn't disagree more. But at least a good honest pro who was probably a much better player in his younger days when he had a bit of pace.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
marinette
December 31, 2011, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
It's interesting reading and I enjoyed it.  If you want to make it even more professional, you could ask someone to proofread it first.  But thanks for doing the interview - it was well worth reading.  Will you be doing any more?

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
December 31, 2011, 5:26pm
Guest User
He ran in straight lines and always got caught offside. He was a shocking player and I'm glad he's gone. In his defence, he always gave his all which is more than can be said for his teammates at the time.
Reply: 8 - 20
Simariner
December 31, 2011, 5:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
His overhead kick away at... Luton????
Wherever it was it was a fantastic goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 20
Abdul19
December 31, 2011, 5:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Simariner

Barnet. A brilliant goal, completely out of character!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
bax
December 31, 2011, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Simariner

Was at Barnet - he mentions it in the interview.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
bax
December 31, 2011, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinette
It's interesting reading and I enjoyed it.  If you want to make it even more professional, you could ask someone to proofread it first.  But thanks for doing the interview - it was well worth reading.  Will you be doing any more?

Thanks - it was done via email and I've obviously missed a few of the spelling and grammatical errors in his replies.

I've actually done a fair few interviews with former players and I've more lined up - interviewing Michael Reddy very soon. All meant as a bit of fun and not particularly 'professional'.

Graham Hockless: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....der-graham-hockless/

Kenny Arthur: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....-and-ka-goalkeeping/

Steven Watt: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....efender-steven-watt/

Tom Corner: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....rimsby-town-striker/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
marinette
December 31, 2011, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Thanks for those too - I think I've seen some of them before, but the Graham Hockless one I found quite surprising.  He seems to have his head well screwed on.

The Michael Reddy interview sounds interesting too.  I'd like to see some of our more controversial former players interviewed by a GTFC fan, just out of morbid curiosity to find out how they view their side of things!  Maybe lull them into a false sense of security first by asking them about their former careers, and then get going with some slightly more GTFC-relevant questions.

With this in mind, my top four would include Ashley Sestanovich, Barry Conlon, Nick Colgan and Martin Butler.  

I think interviews with Tom Newey and Phil Barnes might also prove to be quite juicy.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Tommy
December 31, 2011, 6:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Just read the Graham Hockless interview and found that a very good read. Some long, in-depth and honest answers from him.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Abdul19
December 31, 2011, 6:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from marinette
Thanks for those too - I think I've seen some of them before, but the Graham Hockless one I found quite surprising.  He seems to have his head well screwed on.

The Michael Reddy interview sounds interesting too.  I'd like to see some of our more controversial former players interviewed by a GTFC fan, just out of morbid curiosity to find out how they view their side of things!  Maybe lull them into a false sense of security first by asking them about their former careers, and then get going with some slightly more GTFC-relevant questions.

With this in mind, my top four would include Ashley Sestanovich, Barry Conlon, Nick Colgan and Martin Butler.  

I think interviews with Tom Newey and Phil Barnes might also prove to be quite juicy.

Yeah, I enjoyed the Hockless one. He's used some words in there that show he's a teacher, not a footballer!

That Conlon interview in the Irish press last year showed that it's all everyone else's fault, for everything. Not his. No. Definitely not.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
marinette
December 31, 2011, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

Yeah, I enjoyed the Hockless one. He's used some words in there that show he's a teacher, not a footballer!

That Conlon interview in the Irish press last year showed that it's all everyone else's fault, for everything. Not his. No. Definitely not.

I think he might blame it all on a) Neil Woods and b) his poorly knee.  But I'd be very interested to know why he played so poorly against his former club Bradford City at home that time - he was absolute pants that night but I still defended him to the hilt on here (more fool me).     My guess is that he probably won't even remember that game - but I still do.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
bax
December 31, 2011, 6:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinette

Sestanovich is still in prison isn't he?  I've been trying to track down Barry Conlon but it's proving pretty tough. Tried desperately to interview Gary Jones as one of my all time Town favourites but he wouldn't do it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Grimsbyben
December 31, 2011, 8:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
When you interview Michael Reddy make sure you ask him about the Justin Whittle wedding urine up before the Play-off final, i've always wounded what went on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Peeler_Crab
December 31, 2011, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Abdul19

Barnet. A brilliant goal, completely out of character!

Shinned it!  

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grimsbyben
When you interview Michael Reddy make sure you ask him about the Justin Whittle wedding urine up before the Play-off final, i've always wounded what went on.

Did they use you as some weird sex aid  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Adrian Forbes interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.