This thread currently has 613 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
December 31, 2011, 1:33am
Guest User
Another excellent interview from Scott:

Regarding...

Ian Miller:

"Yeah he's a permanent signing, he'll sign this season and next season which is again something that we weren't actively looking to do regards long term signings but when a player of the quality of Ian becomes available then we look to tie him down, we had a number of clubs at this level tracking him and speaking with him so we're delighted to bring him on board and we felt the continuity of giving him next year as well really sort of flows through hopefully from now until the end of the season in a good vein and straight into next season as well."

Will Anti:

"Unfortunately the figure that we were quoted for his services by his agent were well over and above what we were looking to pay. It got to the point that we were sort of managing Will's training anyway cos he living in London so, what we didn't want to do is, do that on a permanent basis and have Will training twice a week, and we're not about that the squad is here as a group and they train every day and nobody gets special dispensation, so we want eveyone to be together and stick together and Ian fits the bill."

Rob Eagle:

"Rob Eagle will be departing going his own way" and
"Yeah we're looking at Rob possibly staying out on loan and maybe doing something with Rob, he's come to us to see us about his contract and whether he'll be involved in the first team squad so we'll nail that down after New Years Day and see where we're at after his loan finishes."

Lots of other very interesting stuff too about Lincoln, our support("They were excellent"), team-gelling mostly taking time and how he views the whole year (all which I totally agreed with) capping it all off by saying:

"We're a work in progress and that will continue to be so all the way through our tenure at the football club."

Not quite sure I understand his point here though tbh - isn't everyone striving for continuous improvement ?
Colonel Fishpaste
December 31, 2011, 3:01am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Glad the duo have been given some time to build this squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Super Clive
December 31, 2011, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600
Another excellent interview from Scott:

"We're a work in progress and that will continue to be so all the way through our tenure at the football club."

Not quite sure I understand his point here though tbh - isn't everyone striving for continuous improvement ?

Cheers 80s.

Yep Everyone is striving for continuous improvement but what I got from it was he's still wary of the fans that are calling for his head to some degree which is understandable so is the fans that were calling for his head a few months back.

I really like Scott and Hurst hope they keep improving like they have since the start of the season they have really got the place buzzing at the moment Although that can change if we lose on Sunday but I seriously can't see that happening.

Momentum, Luck, gelling and Fan power spring to mind.    
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
80sglory
December 31, 2011, 1:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from Super Clive
Yep Everyone is striving for continuous improvement but what I got from it was he's still wary of the fans that are calling for his head to some degree which is understandable so is the fans that were calling for his head a few months back.

Ahhh yeah think you could be spot on there.

On that note I will now read marinerians thread which should be interesting...

Quoted from Super Clive
I really like Scott and Hurst hope they keep improving like they have since the start of the season they have really got the place buzzing at the moment Although that can change if we lose on Sunday but I seriously can't see that happening.

Momentum, Luck, gelling and Fan power spring to mind.    

Totally agree and neither can I (except it's Town here !  )

UTM.
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln preview - MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.