Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 97/98 season.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

97/98 season.

This thread currently has 502 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 30, 2011, 11:25pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
This season is very similar to our Wembley double winning season of 97/98. We only won 5 of our first 17 league games that season, and we were languishing in the lower reaches of the table and some people were calling for Buckley to be sacked. However from late November we went on a run of only 2 defeats in the next 20 league games culminating in those 2 Wembley wins in the JPT and The Play-Off Final. This season we won only 6 of our first 20 games, were languishing in the lower reaches of the table and some people were calling for S&H to be sacked, but since late November have gone 7 league games unbeaten.

Maybe another double could be on the cards this season and we'll win the The FA Trophy and The Play-Off Final.

A very, very long shot I know, but never say never.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
December 30, 2011, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
I've been thinking this for a couple of weeks. There is a very long way to go but for some reason I feel positive which is weird. I am naturally a very pessimistic person (some would say I'm a miserable sod ) especially when it comes to anything Town related yet at the minute I have this crazy idea in my head that this team might be going places  .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
gary_elton
December 30, 2011, 11:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
think a lot of this could be momentum... keep the increasing number of fans on board ( H and A )
and who knows what can be achieved ?  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
aldi_01
December 31, 2011, 10:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
You have to be positive. This league is bizarre so who knows what might or could happen...we need momentum and consistency. A win tomorrow would make it an excellent Christmas by any teams standards...

Will we mak the play offs? I don't know, it's much more reliant on other teams flipping up rather than us doing well I think, as for the trophy, we can deffo win that and have our day out at Wembley. I don't believe any true fan would be disappointed with a Wembley trip...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
HarryTheHaddock
December 31, 2011, 10:54am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
It would help boost the club's coffers too! Hopefully Ryan Bennett gets a big money move too and our money problems will be eased for the moment!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 97/98 season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.