This thread currently has 2,175 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
oldun
December 30, 2011, 5:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Do you think Frankie should start on Sunday? If so presumeably on the lefthand side. I did not go to Lincoln (I feel the shame!!) but I had a long standing appointment at the Panto at the Parkway (widow twanky). I heard he put in a good 45mins. I hope he gets the game and does the business because I think he is a talented ball player and the left midfield position is up for grabs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
December 30, 2011, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Absolutely, the midfield in the first half didn't win the battle at all and meant Lincoln were able to pass it around and we didn't get forward. Second half, Town pressed them and they couldn't cope and Artus played well. Hearn and Elding will rip Lincoln's defence to pieces on Sunday provided they are given good service quickly so Lincoln are stretched. Artus did this well in the second half. Also means McCarthy can come off the bench if needed as I think he'll be comfortable playing a derby at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
If artus starts we have no pace wide left unless Townsend overlaps artus. We will lose the balance to our play. That's unless the duo want us to have a narrow midfield again to counteract 451. However apart from Serve Macocoa we have little pace down the left, as young McCarthy seems lost n indecisive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
mariner91
December 30, 2011, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from ticker_1610
If artus starts we have no pace wide left unless Townsend overlaps artus. We will lose the balance to our play. That's unless the duo want us to have a narrow midfield again to counteract 451. However apart from Serve Macocoa we have little pace down the left, as young McCarthy seems lost n indecisive.

Didn't harm us on Monday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Grass Roots Football
December 30, 2011, 7:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / -1
artus should an will go straight into the starting 11. not sure the mCarthy fella is up for the big derby crunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Fishfinger
December 30, 2011, 7:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Artus has impressed me in the last few games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
we will return
December 30, 2011, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Doubt they'll start with Artus, and doubt they'll start with McCarthy having not really making much of an impact, so my guess is it'll be Serge.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
wigworld
December 30, 2011, 7:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Serge has a point to prove against the Gimps. Didn't he score a hat trick in a match for their reserves, and they still weren't interested in taking him on!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 14
Super Clive
December 30, 2011, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from wigworld
Serge has a point to prove against the Gimps. Didn't he score a hat trick in a match for their reserves, and they still weren't interested in taking him on!

Would you take him on?  

Seriously though I think Artus will start and sunny serge will come on last 15 mins and score the 4th  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Biccys
December 30, 2011, 8:03pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Artus was excellentwhen he came on. We looked far more threatening with him there than McCarthy. The lad looks like can play a bit so I'd start him. There's always McCarthy on in the second half to mix it round if needs be. Or even Surf Cocomo.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 14
Super Clive
December 30, 2011, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Surf Cocomo  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
jonnyboy82
December 30, 2011, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
merge sakono i dont think will start against the gimps..

i would go with fartus.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
HarryTheHaddock
December 30, 2011, 8:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I hope Artus starts on Sunday as reward for his last performance at Sincil Bank. Serge is too hot and cold for me, and is best used as an impact sub.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
I believe in Cod
December 30, 2011, 11:49pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I think Artus will start, in a similar position to the one he played at Sinny Waank. Sort of a 4-3-3 but with Coulson dropping back into midfield when we're defending, and Artus shifting a little wider. its not very strict positioning wise, but i like it and it makes it hard to mark the likes of Coulo and Frankie, when we have Panther and Disley braking things up in the middle, and also it makes us harder to break down, and gives us an extra man when attacking. He should be playing for us, he's probably, technically one of our better players

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
80sglory
December 31, 2011, 12:28am
Guest User
Quoted from ticker_1610
If artus starts we have no pace wide left unless Townsend overlaps artus. We will lose the balance to our play. That's unless the duo want us to have a narrow midfield again to counteract 451.

Quoted from I believe in Cod
I think Artus will start, in a similar position to the one he played at Sinny Waank. Sort of a 4-3-3 but with Coulson dropping back into midfield when we're defending, and Artus shifting a little wider. its not very strict positioning wise, but i like it and it makes it hard to mark the likes of Coulo and Frankie, when we have Panther and Disley braking things up in the middle, and also it makes us harder to break down, and gives us an extra man when attacking. He should be playing for us, he's probably, technically one of our better players

Interesting both of you say all this cos just been listening to Scott on MP...

He said we went narrower 2nd half and Artus gave us "energy and drive".

In any case it seems to back up all your excellent analysis regardless of whether he starts and whether it's the right choice.
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Frankie Artus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.