This thread currently has 1,750 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
December 30, 2011, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Hopefully Gaza I've got some of the people I work with to the game told them to start our new years party at bp some of whom never been to a football match before yes female but should be a good  crowd going on the atmosphere around the town at the mo.

Will be in ticket office sat morning buying 13 tickets for the upper hopefully its not sold out  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Down to our right behind the goal fella, prime position to get the atmosphere ramped up! Us up at the back n then the left side, should be another good atmos! Maybe this time that reporter Smith might give it a reasonable atmos score as he scored Lincoln 6-7 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
December 30, 2011, 10:46am
Guest User
Quoted from Super Clive
Hopefully Gaza I've got some of the people I work with to the game told them to start our new years party at bp some of whom never been to a football match before yes female but should be a good  crowd going on the atmosphere around the town at the mo.

Will be in ticket office sat morning buying 13 tickets for the upper hopefully its not sold out  

I have 11 due back from Spain !! all wanting to go there due to be going to the Ticket Office first thing for the Upper !! so could be quiet a queue  
Reply: 12 - 17
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I still think the ticket office here would sell tickets no one turned away before ko.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Marinerz93
December 30, 2011, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ticker_1610
I still think the ticket office here would sell tickets no one turned away before ko.

Have you seen the queues before kick off, add to that it's a bank holiday and people are getting that bug back.  You if don't want to miss the first 5 to 15 minutes get your ticket early.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
December 30, 2011, 11:41am
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

Have you seen the queues before kick off, add to that it's a bank holiday and people are getting that bug back.  You if don't want to miss the first 5 to 15 minutes get your ticket early.

I have thourght from time to time why have people having to queue in ticket office on matchday in the run up to a match and not have a pay on the gate cash turnstyle.

I'm sure there would be a good reason why we dont have pay on the gate, be it the club want all money collected at one point, or that everyone must be allocated a seat or whatever.
Reply: 15 - 17
Marinerz93
December 30, 2011, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think it's for several reasons but mainly to ensure all money collected at one source bluerose13x.  Also it stops any suspicion and the turnstile operators having to make sure they total up, people can make mistakes or in the days of old some pocketed the money.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
ross1cod
December 30, 2011, 11:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
when it was cash on the gate, i knew a few who would let you in for a fiver, and one who let away fans in for a tenner, carnt really blame the club for making it ticket only, i bet over a number of years they lost 1000's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket office

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.