4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
siy2k5
December 30, 2011, 12:00pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
It's no coincidence that since panther has been here we havent lost in the league. He quietly goes about his business breaking up attacks and lets the others get on with going forward.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
pontoonlew
December 30, 2011, 12:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
He's grown on me a lot and I'd like to see him stay. I'd like to see Church return too, he has potential and if he can learn a lot here he'll be a good player. Him and Pearson are in the same boat, they both have great potential and we just need to stick by them and mould then.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
JonMariner
December 30, 2011, 12:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
If we can keep Panther then it's a must, when Church returns it gives us a genuine 3 man midfield option, Church is more of a Disley style player n the amount of times we get caught out as both central midfielders bomb forward when we have possession has been very few while Manny has been in there. The amount of times he wins possession has exposed his lack of on the ball ability but he tries to do the right thing n occassionally it comes off - he has also shown character of putting a poor first half performance behind him to have a very effective 2nd half more then once. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
GtfcGarner
December 30, 2011, 1:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,796
Gold Stars: 26
Most people don't see the side to the game what he actually does, Breaking up the play with those tackles nobody really takes note of stops the other team getting on top. In all honesty think he is the talisman of the defensive link to midfield. Would like to see him stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Maringer
December 30, 2011, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Panther has generally been OK during his time with us. The biggest two exceptions I can think of are the Salisbury games as he was utterly hopeless in both of them! Not sure why.

Like others have said, it can't be coincidence that his arrival has led to the improvement in results in the League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manny Panther

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.