Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln Support NYD
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 92 Guests

Lincoln Support NYD

This thread currently has 17,324 views. Print
23 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... All Recommend Thread
impressive
December 27, 2011, 6:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / 0
There is much talk on here about our possible low turnout on NYD , as a lifelong Imps fan this doesnt suprise me . Blundell park is the least attractive local derby to most Imps fans for the following reasons ,

* The ground and its facilities are old and uncomfortable
* Stand at the back and you cant even see the pitch
* The pubs are rubbish and full of dickheads
* The away end is horrible with poor seating
* Try to stand because of poor seating and the stewards are over zealous

Personally over the years I have enjoyed days out at Boston , Notts County , Mansfield and Peterborough more

Codheads , dont assume that because a day out at Lincoln is massive for you that the reverse should be true for us .

I will still be there however because I am true and loyal , and this means I will endure most things to watch the mighty Imps

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
December 27, 2011, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I have to agree. Yesterday was my first visit to Sincil Bank, and it was comfortable, easy to find parking, and staff were mostly friendly and helpful. I love its history and character, but BP is a dive.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 221
December 27, 2011, 6:14pm
Guest User
At the end of the day it's an away game for your team against a team 40 miles away and you should travel in big numbers. I believe you consider us some sort of rival though though we traditionally have bigger fish to fry (pardon the fishy pun).

It seems to me you are embarrassed and getting your excuses in early.

The seats are fine in the Osmond by the way and judging by the numbers you will be taking there will be no need to sit at the back as you'll be able to take your pick.
Reply: 2 - 221
Red mariner
December 27, 2011, 6:16pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Quoted from impressive
There is much talk on here about our possible low turnout on NYD , as a lifelong Imps fan this doesnt suprise me . Blundell park is the least attractive local derby to most Imps fans for the following reasons ,

Personally over the years I have enjoyed days out at Boston , Notts County , Mansfield and Peterborough more

Codheads , dont assume that because a day out at Lincoln is massive for you that the reverse should be true for us .

I will still be there however because I am true and loyal , and this means I will endure most things to watch the mighty Imps

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

got some more excuses for you as well

The A46 is a nightmare
The grass is green
You have a very poor away following, no sorry you are a small team with the away following to match  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 221
Zmariner
December 27, 2011, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,134
Gold Stars: 44
We are much better at home and so should be grim for you.Agreed about the derby though, when we play you it always means we are rock bottom.You do seem to win very few against us. Hope to see you thumped on Saturday A draw would be a great result for you "Impressive"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 221
Shiver
December 27, 2011, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Forecast shows probability of daylight too so I'd avoid that as well if you don't want to take any risks!

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 221
ticker_1610
December 27, 2011, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
In that case town fans won't travel enmasse to York, Barrow, Tamworth to name a few poor away ends. The point made by yourself turning up us you are Imps loyal. N that is the crux of the matter you don't have a big enough loyal fanbase that would travel enmasse for urine poor treatment and shoddy facilities, not just nice comfy grounds. Cmon Imps get behind your poor team n get your backsides to Cleethorpes on a non working day! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 221
alvinghammariner
December 27, 2011, 6:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
lol, the ground is a shithole is no excuse, it's not like it's the worst ground in the league.. It's a close game for you in this league, and it's a bank holiday, no excuses.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 221
GYinScuntland
December 27, 2011, 6:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from impressive

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

Thats most boxes ticked for your poxy ground too. As for Lincoln it'self fella- a few council estates with a nice church pretty much sums the place up. And don't worry mate, I have spent more than my fair time with your three holed , six fingered activity centers on St Giles and Birchwood to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 221
MarinerJosh
December 27, 2011, 6:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Good, I hope you hate it here.

Grimsby Town FC.

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/iwneic.jpg[/IMG]

One Love!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
You say you don't want to come because of the facilities but you then say you enjoy days out at Boston. Sorry, that doesn't wash. Lincoln support is just poor. That is the reason you aren't coming in big numbers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
How about this then .... 500-600 max, and the reason why is cos we're cr@p and have lost a thousand regulars (including me) thanks to a clueless feckwit of a Chairman, a succession of cluless Managers and thieves masquerading as LCFC footballers.

If you don't win by 3 clear goals I'll be pleasantly surprised, and there is no way I'll be there to suffer it  

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp
How about this then .... 500-600 max, and the reason why is cos we're cr@p and have lost a thousand regulars (including me) thanks to a clueless feckwit of a Chairman, a succession of cluless Managers and thieves masquerading as LCFC footballers.

If you don't win by 3 clear goals I'll be pleasantly surprised, and there is no way I'll be there to suffer it  

But we've had the same and we still turn up...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 221
Harlem mariner
December 27, 2011, 6:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Excuses excuses would love to play the gimps in the play off final next season we would take more than them cuunts if you could only go with a dn35 postcode
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 221
bobbyboxer
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
i hope it lashes down with rain you get drenched slip in dog sh1t and we hammer you 5 0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 221
aldi_01

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I'd like to know what sort o great facilities Lincoln have visited in recent years considering yet have spent the best part of their whole history scratting around lower league...hardly used to top grounds...

Get the excuses in early me thinks...you suggest that you regard Peterborough a bigger game than town wt put more effort, etc into playing town, not to mention that Peterborough is not only a excrement ground but a shithole town too...poor argument my gimp friend...

I'd hardly say the pubs and the area around sincil male masturbation is good, much the same as blundell park, aside from sincil bank now being in the Baltic part of Lincoln...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 221
bobbyboxer
December 27, 2011, 6:37pm
Beer Drinker
i hope it lashes down with rain you get drenched slip in dog sh1t and we hammer you 5 0 nyd its coming
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 221
mr viv
December 27, 2011, 6:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from impressive

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

yep i do have to agree with what your saying... i too love the superb comfort and top class facillities on offer at Boston,Peterboro and Mansfield. What a donut
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 221
gaz57
December 27, 2011, 6:54pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from impressive

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

Grow up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 221
RoboCod
December 27, 2011, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from impressive

* You may request a cushion. Clubs must allow for this provision to get their safety certificate. Look it up.
* Don't stand at the back. Don't stand at all, you have a cushion.
* Take a 4-pack
* See 1st point
* See 2nd point.
* You're a big girl.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 221
impressive
December 27, 2011, 6:56pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Quoted from mr viv

yep i do have to agree with what your saying... i too love the superb comfort and top class facillities on offer at Boston,Peterboro and Mansfield. What a donut

I dont disagree that the grounds are no better , apart from Notts , however my point was about more than that ie thre town , its pubs and locals , You are what you are , nothing will change that , and you are not considered our biggest rivals/best derby even though you feel that way about us and our beautiful historic city

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from impressive

I dont disagree that the grounds are no better , apart from Notts , however my point was about more than that ie thre town , its pubs and locals , You are what you are , nothing will change that , and you are not considered our biggest rivals/best derby even though you feel that way about us and our beautiful historic city

Don't flatter yourself. Lincoln are merely our most convenient rival at this moment in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 221
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 7:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Lincoln will bring the support that describes the size of the club.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 221
we will return
December 27, 2011, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from impressive

I don't think you're our biggest rivals, I'd definitely put Scunny and Hull ahead of you. You just our biggest rivals at our current level.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 221
PJW_GTFC
December 27, 2011, 7:11pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -2
If I am honest I do not really care what fans Lincoln bring on NYD. Yesterday's show of support from our fans proved we can create an atmosphere that the players love. So I am more bothered about our own fans turning up to support the team. Pack Blundell Park with Mariners fans, get the place rocking and support the players. If Lincoln bring 600 so what. If they bring 1000 so what. All adds to an atmosphere Town fans have already produced!

So Mariners fans, get your hands in pockets and lets pack out Blundell Park and get the place bouncing (careful in the main stand!).

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 221
Limerick Mariner
December 27, 2011, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Approval: +5,807
Gold Stars: 141
To be fair Lincoln aren't badly supported away from home and their reluctance to travel to BP does seem to be consistent trait over the years. On their offy they show away followings and numbers brought to SB going back a few years. Despite Town being incredibley bad for all but one of those years we've taken more to SB than they have to BP in every year but one  - 2008/9 and then the difference was only 60. Often we've outtravelled them by several hundred and once by 1,400. However they do go in good numbers to other local grounds as their fans have said on here and looking at their numbers generally they are a damn sight better supported away from home than Scunny, who've taken embarrassingly low numbers (circa 500) to places like Wednesday and Notts etc this season

[url]http://www.redimps.co.uk/page/AwaySupportindex[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 221
Grantham_Mariner
December 27, 2011, 7:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 52
THINGS THAT WON'T STOP ME GOING

1 - TIME OF YEAR
2 - WEATHER
3 - STATE OF GROUND
4 - LOCAL PUBS
5 - LOCAL FOOD
6 - POOR STEWARDING
7 - LOCAL POLICE
8 - MAN FLU
9 - TRAVEL INCONVIENCES
10 – TEAM PLAYING POORLY
11 – POOR MANAGER
12 – ONE OR TWO MISSING LIMBS

THINGS THAT STOP A LINCON FAN GOING TO A GAME

1 - TIME OF YEAR
2 - WEATHER
3 - STATE OF GROUND
4 - LOCAL PUBS
5 - LOCAL FOOD
6 - POOR STEWARDING
7 - LOCAL POLICE
8 - MAN FLU
9 - TRAVEL INCONVIENCES
10 – TEAM PLAYING POORLY
11 – POOR MANAGER
12 – FOUR LIMBS

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 221
Mariner Ronnie
December 27, 2011, 7:30pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
Lincoln will bring the support that describes the size of the club.

Quoted from PJW_GTFC
If I am honest I do not really care what fans Lincoln bring on NYD. Yesterday's show of support from our fans proved we can create an atmosphere that the players love. So I am more bothered about our own fans turning up to support the team. Pack Blundell Park with Mariners fans, get the place rocking and support the players. If Lincoln bring 600 so what. If they bring 1000 so what. All adds to an atmosphere Town fans have already produced!

So Mariners fans, get your hands in pockets and lets pack out Blundell Park and get the place bouncing (careful in the main stand!).

UTM

i agree with these

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 221
lobsterpot
December 27, 2011, 7:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Look let's just get 1 thing straight. WE'RE the pride of Lincolnshire. We beat the gimps in they're own backyard. Who gives 2 hoots about the state of the ground/area. I support my football team and that means i will go to hell and back to watch them play. I could'nt care less if i had to stand on glass in barefeet or had to walk across hotcoals to get to where my team are playing. I will be there because i am a loyal supporter. These excuses just go to show what $hite support Lincoln has compared to us. We are the big club with the garbage ground. They are the tinpot club with a lovely sidestand. I know which 1 i would rather have. Ours is heaped with history and tradition. Their's has a lego stand over the other side and a portacabin for the players to come out of. The so called Lincoln fans on this thread are nothing short of embarressing and use the topic to hide behind the fact that they are bitter and cannot handle the fact that they have been done like they were in the play offs a couple of seasons ago. I cannot wait until NYD when we will, again, publicly humiliate them. Bring 100, bring 1000, bring 10000. You will still, and always will be, forever in our shadow. <><

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 221
woodi147
December 27, 2011, 7:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Quoted from impressive

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

Tuesday April, 13
Accrington Stanley 1-2 Port Vale | 2,205 [884]
Aldershot Town 0-2 Torquay United | 3,653 [438]
Bournemouth 2-1 Hereford United | 6,128 [163]
Bradford City 2-0 Morecambe | 11,027 [307]
Bury 3-0 Crewe Alexandra | 2,178 [141]
Dagenham & Redbridge 4-1 Barnet | 2,004 [338]
Grimsby Town 2-2 Chesterfield | 5,648 [442]
Macclesfield Town 1-1 Burton Albion | 1,588 [279]
Notts County 3-1 Lincoln City | 7,501 [682]
Rochdale 0-1 Darlington | 5,371 [126]
Rotherham United 1-0 Northampton Town | 3,325 [431]
Shrewsbury Town 0-0 Cheltenham Town | 4,967 [259]
Its blown the notts county bull aswell old chap just proves your supports is really crap.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 221
Les Brechin
December 27, 2011, 7:40pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,736
Gold Stars: 174
The ground is a shithole???

I can tell you've not been to many away games this season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 221
rasenimp
December 27, 2011, 7:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Approval: +10
I'm fed up of seeing threads like this on our board and now they're on yours as well. balderdash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 221
Grantham_Mariner
December 27, 2011, 7:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from rasenimp
I'm fed up of seeing threads like this on our board and now they're on yours as well. balderdash.

Point proven then! Lincoln support is sh*t.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 221
Manchester Mariner
December 27, 2011, 7:47pm

Exile
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,826
Gold Stars: 42
This is why Lincoln have such an abysmal club with abysmal support. If they arent turncoating to the Etihad Stadium then they are having a moan about the quality of seating and general facilities putting them off attending a local derby.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from woodi147

Tuesday April, 13
Accrington Stanley 1-2 Port Vale | 2,205 [884]
Aldershot Town 0-2 Torquay United | 3,653 [438]
Bournemouth 2-1 Hereford United | 6,128 [163]
Bradford City 2-0 Morecambe | 11,027 [307]
Bury 3-0 Crewe Alexandra | 2,178 [141]
Dagenham & Redbridge 4-1 Barnet | 2,004 [338]
Grimsby Town 2-2 Chesterfield | 5,648 [442]
Macclesfield Town 1-1 Burton Albion | 1,588 [279]
Notts County 3-1 Lincoln City | 7,501 [682]
Rochdale 0-1 Darlington | 5,371 [126]
Rotherham United 1-0 Northampton Town | 3,325 [431]
Shrewsbury Town 0-0 Cheltenham Town | 4,967 [259]
Its blown the notts county bull aswell old chap just proves your supports is really crap.

Well its only 1818 short of the 2500 they claim to take there . Thought Notts was the big one?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 221
upthestripes
December 27, 2011, 7:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Am I the only one who likes BP?  
She's got character, miles better than one of those souless, plastic identikit grounds.
I also like Lincoln's ground tbf but only because that lego stand is hilarious.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
She's got character, miles better than one of those souless, plastic identikit grounds.

I love BP, the day we move will be a sad day though I appreciate it is needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 221
bobbyboxer
December 27, 2011, 7:58pm
Beer Drinker
i love bp born and bred in the imp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Well its only 1818 short of the 2500 they claim to take there . Thought Notts was the big one?

Under Sutton on a Tues nite when we were cr@p ..... several times we took 2,500+ under Alexander on a Saturday fixture!

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 221
BiloLCFC
December 27, 2011, 8:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
If you refuse to travel to grounds you consider shitholes because of poor facilities, you'll end up being picky right the way to the Championship.

Give me a scruffy hole over an identikit ground like ours any day of the week. Peterborough and Crystal Palace are two of my favourite away days for a reason.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 221
Theimperialcoroner
December 27, 2011, 8:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,358
Gold Stars: 104
I was just wondering how many we took to Notts for the Hendo game???? A night game at our then lowest.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 221
I believe in Cod
December 27, 2011, 8:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I actually think seating in the Osmond is good compared to other grounds, ive sat in there before when we've opened it up for certain games. Other away ends seem to have one or two seats too many packed into a row meaning it is tighter and also leg room is a problem in most places, as far as i can remember the osmond is fairly spacious.

just making up excuses, in fairness they couldnt even fill their own ground on boxing day for a local derby so how are they going to bring many away.

all mouth lincoln fans, always have been always will be

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 221
gaz57
December 27, 2011, 8:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner91

I love BP, the day we move will be a sad day though I appreciate it is needed.

Well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 221
Helgy
December 27, 2011, 8:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +118
Quoted from mariner91

We took 2552 to County in the 2005 season yet we only took 1516 to yours the same season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 221
davmariner
December 27, 2011, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Lincoln played York about a month ago and they didn't particularly travel well there either (325 Gimps turning out) considering it's one of the biggest away matches. Granted, it was a tuesday night but we took just under 1,000 to Bootham Crescent!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

We took 2552 to County in the 2005 season yet we only took 1516 to yours the same season .

Just makes your fans look even more fickle for taking 682 when the going is tough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 221
GYinScuntland
December 27, 2011, 8:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Helgy

County is just down the road FFS, and they got a Hoooters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 221
wmacky200
December 27, 2011, 8:31pm
Coke Drinker
u r 40 mins down the road on a non working day. get your arses to blundell park and cheer your team on. we went to yours in masses on boxing day, had a great day and result........ok you wont get the result at fortress bp but the atmosphere will b worth it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 221
Meza
December 27, 2011, 8:37pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.82
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,657
Gold Stars: 50
Can you imagine what there players will think when they see 500 odd imp fans

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 221
woodi147
December 27, 2011, 8:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Under Sutton on a Tues nite when we were cr@p ..... several times we took 2,500+ under Alexander on a Saturday fixture!

Tell us the dates old chap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 8:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from woodi147

Tell us the dates old chap

Can't off the top of my head ... you know how it is, you can remember 30 yrs ago but not last week?!!!

A couple of games in 97-99 we took 2,500 and again under Alexander 2004-06 just under 3k

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 9:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Can't off the top of my head ... you know how it is, you can remember 30 yrs ago but not last week?!!!

A couple of games in 97-99 we took 2,500 and again under Alexander 2004-06 just under 3k

2,552 in April 2005. 1,478 in August 2005. 2,472 in February 2007. 870 in March 2008. 969 in December 2008. 682 in April 2010. So you've never taken just under 3000, you've taken over 1000 only three times and apart from the game where you were challenging at the right end of the table (so had a good turnout like any team would) you have only had one other decent attendance (feb 2007) for your "big derby". I make the average following to Notts to be 1503 which is really not that impressive especially when you consider how good their facilities are .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
The game in 2005 as you have so painstakingly researched was all-ticket and there were loads in the Counteh ends, because as you know they have no 'lads' hence no hostility or trouble

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 221
mariner91
December 27, 2011, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp
The game in 2005 as you have so painstakingly researched was all-ticket and there were loads in the Counteh ends, because as you know they have no 'lads' hence no hostility or trouble

To be fair, the research was easy. Your official site puts the away fans for every game, hats off to them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 221
December 27, 2011, 9:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Lincoln played York about a month ago and they didn't particularly travel well there either (325 Gimps turning out) considering it's one of the biggest away matches. Granted, it was a tuesday night but we took just under 1,000 to Bootham Crescent!

Last season Town took just over 1000 to York on a Tues night.
This season Town took just under 1000 to York on a Sat afternoon.

The Gimps took 325 on a Tues night. What a great fantastic turnout...
Reply: 54 - 221
TAGG
December 27, 2011, 10:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from impressive

Lots of love and kisses

Impressive

Boston , Notts County , Mansfield and Peterborough So these were the big games for you when you were a league side      Just shows the difference between you lot and Town. Our big games were the two Sheffield clubs, Hull City and all the other big Yorkshire clubs.
Nevermind carry on like you are you will be playing Boston very soon      

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 221
Helgy
December 27, 2011, 10:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1106

Last season Town took just over 1000 to York on a Tues night.
This season Town took just under 1000 to York on a Sat afternoon.

The Gimps took 325 on a Tues night. What a great fantastic turnout...

And only 129 away to Newport shocking support from us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 221
Henryscat
December 27, 2011, 10:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Reading the other threads I reckon Lincoln will bring 20,000 all of which will be "lads" in diamond encrusted CP and they'll take over Darleys, JDs and the Winter Gardens

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 221
1mickylyons
December 27, 2011, 10:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,432
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Shiver
Forecast shows probability of daylight too so I'd avoid that as well if you don't want to take any risks!

Like it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 221
December 27, 2011, 10:31pm
Guest User
I think a lot of them are scared they will be thrown into the tide to be honest. With good reason.
Reply: 59 - 221
1mickylyons
December 27, 2011, 10:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75
I think a lot of them are scared they will be thrown into the tide to be honest. With good reason.

I hope your holiness will be joining me in a New Year singalong in the more expensive pews?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 221
December 27, 2011, 10:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I hope your holiness will be joining me in a New Year singalong in the more expensive pews?

Sadly not, I shall be flying over Northern Africa at the kick off time.
Reply: 61 - 221
1mickylyons
December 27, 2011, 10:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75

Sadly not, I shall be flying over Northern Africa at the kick off time.

Sorry mate i forgot,make sure you get in trap 1 at 3pm and bless those below with a grimsby missile im sure it will be the first of many ive especially coloured in with my new felt tips a hard boiled egg which i intend to throw at the Lincoln physio female dog.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 221
grimps
December 28, 2011, 5:38am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 51
The only reason they dont wanna come is becuase they are scared  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 221
0ld timer
December 28, 2011, 7:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
THINGS THAT WON'T STOP ME GOING

1 - TIME OF YEAR
2 - WEATHER
3 - STATE OF GROUND
4 - LOCAL PUBS
5 - LOCAL FOOD
6 - POOR STEWARDING
7 - LOCAL POLICE
8 - MAN FLU
9 - TRAVEL INCONVIENCES
10 – TEAM PLAYING POORLY
11 – POOR MANAGER
12 – ONE OR TWO MISSING LIMBS

1 - TIME OF YEAR
2 - WEATHER
3 - STATE OF GROUND
4 - LOCAL PUBS
5 - LOCAL FOOD
6 - POOR STEWARDING
7 - LOCAL POLICE
8 - MAN FLU
9 - TRAVEL INCONVIENCES
10 – TEAM PLAYING POORLY
11 – POOR MANAGER
12 – FOUR LIMBS

13 - all 3 taxis fully booked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 221
oldludensian
December 28, 2011, 9:38am

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Personally I love BP. I love it for the history; that being all the great games I can remember being part of there (those memories I will take to the grave - no one can take them from me) and the fact the ground has character as it's so old and individualistic. I know its facilites are sh1te but IT IS HOME and one day I want my ashes spread there. I loath the day we move into a ready built, passionless "arena".

Not giving the non travelling Imps an excuse but I can see why they don't come, as let's face it Cleethorpes (Gy Rd especially) is a shite tip. Rubbish housing, no decent boozers and as depressing as fcuk. Any true fan should be able to rise above this though, as they're not taking the family on a nice, sunny day out, they're going to follow their team. That's what FANS do, isn't it? I don't care what other club's areas or grounds are like. I couldn't give a fcuk - I'm there for the Mariners.

I think the reason the Lincoln don't come to ours is pure an simple they are scared. Scared of getting done both on and off the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 221
RoboCod
December 28, 2011, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oldludensian

Not giving the non travelling Imps an excuse but I can see why they don't come, as let's face it Cleethorpes (Gy Rd especially) is a shite tip. Rubbish housing, no decent boozers and as depressing as fcuk.

But you've just described the Sincil Bank area. Take your other points but that one doesn't stand. I've lived down Sincil Bank and I've lived Uphill, it's like West Marsh compared to  Great Coates. If I want to see my team I'll go wherever they are, pubs and rundown areas have never stopped me. I suspect every fan with genuine passion feels like this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 9:49am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from grimps
The only reason they dont wanna come is becuase they are scared  

Quoted from oldludensian

I think the reason the Lincoln don't come to ours is pure an simple they are scared. Scared of getting done both on and off the pitch.

On the pitch maybe so, if we can keep it to a 3 goal defeat I'll be surprised as our record at Blunders is abysmal ..... off the pitch, keep deluding yourselves

Private Message
Reply: 67 - 221
ross1cod
December 28, 2011, 10:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
the terraced housing area around lincoln's ground could be stanley street or lord street in GY, the top end of the high street could be Grimsby/Cleethorpes road area,i would say both areas where both grounds are arnt the best. As for Gy/clee having shite pubs, yes maybe near the ground, but head into town or into the market place of Clee and they would be exactly like linconls. The golden cross the only pub i went in at lincoln was a bit of a dump, i didnt expect anything different really.

the reason's some Lincoln fans give for not wanting to travel to GY are the same for both sets of fans, but has many town fan have already stated, Grimsby are our team,and we will follow them no matter where, if its a big game/local derby we go in numbers, just look at some of our away support to the more important games in the last 4/5 season. ie bournemouth, crawley, notts county, even scunny in the lincs cup.. there is a passion among the supporters of GTFC that will never die, it might wain a little from time to time, but if the team shows that same passion,the fans will and always have  come out in force!!!

Personally i dont care what Lincoln bring on NYD, the fewer means less likely for their boys turning up, so more freedom for the home supporters and less hassle from the OB, its the 3 sides of the ground that need to be rocking for OUR players not lincolns
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 221
ticker_1610
December 28, 2011, 10:10am
Whiskey Drinker
I think Aryan Imp should turn up with boxing kit n gloves and one of the towns older hooligan element n have a last man standing Charity boxing match, then shut the fk up about the violence past n future! I'm not even bemused by the ramblings between protagonists now ! I'd happily pay a tenner to charity to watch the event. Yep it might seem doubled standard hating football violence but loving boxing, but that's my choice to make, being harassed by hooligans isn't!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 221
Rob Peel
December 28, 2011, 10:15am
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Who gives a sh*t who takes what were as i have previously posted credit for the away support you brought very IMpressive end of move on.........If we (Lincoln) bring 500 or 5000 (chance be a fine thing) who cares its about supporting your team in whatever capacity....This is turning into a big of my dads bigger than your dad.........

Rob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 221
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 10:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Haha come off it Rob if brought 1000 you would get a hard on feom the excitement.....it can't be easy being so tinpot

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 10:29am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
I think Aryan Imp should turn up with boxing kit n gloves and one of the towns older hooligan element n have a last man standing Charity boxing match, then shut the fk up about the violence past n future! I'm not even bemused by the ramblings between protagonists now ! I'd happily pay a tenner to charity to watch the event. Yep it might seem doubled standard hating football violence but loving boxing, but that's my choice to make, being harassed by hooligans isn't!

A tenner? Add a couple of zero's to that figure and you might get on the guest list ..... then again you'll have to have ask my promoter roundballovalhole nicely .

Trouble is I've heard a lot of would-be opponents are having trouble making the 11st 6lbs Middleweight division, due to too many fish & chip dinners  

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 221
RoboCod
December 28, 2011, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Or we could all grow up a little, pay our entrance fee in and settle it on the field. Crazy thought...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 221
ticker_1610
December 28, 2011, 10:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Good point about the weight limit, I'm sure someone would train for it tho  a few weeks in a sauna (not massage palour). N it could be arranged, RBOH tho probably as bad as Warren or Maloney. I would have thought with your Citizens connections you may have had RH as manager n the Gallaghers as seconds! Mind you CW is at yours now. I'm sure I saw him punch the air when we got the winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 221
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 10:55am
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from upthestripes

It's a horrible, cesspit, shitehole... I hate it... Full of good memories though but i'm not really a sentimental old chap so the sooner we leave the better...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 10:56am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
Good point about the weight limit, I'm sure someone would train for it tho  a few weeks in a sauna (not massage palour). N it could be arranged, RBOH tho probably as bad as Warren or Maloney. I would have thought with your Citizens connections you may have had RH as manager n the Gallaghers as seconds! Mind you CW is at yours now. I'm sure I saw him punch the air when we got the winner.

Sorry don't know RH personally, but I do know a few old Guv'nors who might be interested in attending  

Actually come to think of it, best leave them out of it, as half of Lincoln are part-time Rags, and I'm not sure there is a venue capable of handling it. Cods/Imps/Blues/Rags all at the same time, would make that Mark Kaylor fight against Errol Christie back in 85' @Wembley look tame in comparison  

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 221
ticker_1610
December 28, 2011, 11:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Wasn't he in Hot Chocolate before that fight?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 11:10am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
Wasn't he in Hot Chocolate before that fight?  

Seperated at birth???

[IMG]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/Aryanimp/w.jpg[/IMG]

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 221
gtfc98
December 28, 2011, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 68
The excuses are quite frankly pathetic. We are a bigger club than Lincoln, they are envious of our history and given their current predicament mixed in with our excellent home form they don't fancy it because they fear they'll be the latest I the line of teams we score at least 5 past. Gimps.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 221
ticker_1610
December 28, 2011, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Lmao. I was serving abroad at that time n spent my free time training or road/x country racing. Missed a Huge chunk of towns history and most sports apart from athletics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 221
bobbyboxer
December 28, 2011, 11:42am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Sorry don't know RH personally, but I do know a few old Guv'nors who might be interested in attending  

Actually come to think of it, best leave them out of it, as half of Lincoln are part-time Rags, and I'm not sure there is a venue capable of handling it. Cods/Imps/Blues/Rags all at the same time, would make that Mark Kaylor fight against Errol Christie back in 85' @Wembley look tame in comparison  

a good friend of mine is carl froch right hand man  hes from from grimsby aswell he could promot it
make good viewing only problem it wont last long

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 221
kickingimp
December 28, 2011, 12:22pm
Coke Drinker
As a Lincoln City fan (rather than a hooligan twit) I am wondering where in Cleethorpes I will be able to get a hassle free beer on new years day now that the Leaky Boot has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 221
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 12:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from kickingimp
As a Lincoln City fan (rather than a hooligan twit) I am wondering where in Cleethorpes I will be able to get a hassle free beer on new years day now that the Leaky Boot has gone.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any designated pubs for away fans... The Blundell Park Hotel accross from the ground should be OK to get a drink in and most pubs in Cleethorpes, as long as you aren't in a big group and mouthing off (I suspect you won't be) should be OK... As shite as it is though, there are no guarantees in todays society - whether you are in Grimsby, Lincoln or anywhere else...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 221
kickingimp
December 28, 2011, 12:38pm
Coke Drinker
Thanks mate.  Might just take the boy to Mc D's near the bowling alley before trying to find somewhere to park.  Maybe a Curry down the Indian Kitchen or Spice after the game if thats open.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 221
flash1
December 28, 2011, 12:38pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from kickingimp

you,ll probably have to do what my family an i had to do boxing day when been refused entry into your supporters club!go without!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 221
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 12:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
If you going to McD up at the bowling alley there's a pub on the corner is your best bet for a beer, nearer the ground is a mare for getting served.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 221
kickingimp
December 28, 2011, 12:45pm
Coke Drinker
flash1 - I really don't get what the club were trying to do with that, we have always let away support in, even Hull when they were down in the lower leagues even after they trashed the pub opposite the train station.  Its usually just shirts that go in there and its often a nice family type atmosphere with possibly a tiny bit of harmless banter.  I believe the Trust have raised the issue with the club as for most fans it is seen as a loss of much needed revenue stopping you lot from coming in. Hopefully there are no hard feelings and Post 5pm on Sunday it will all be over for another year (if we stay up) and everyone can get back to being normal again.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 221
flash1
December 28, 2011, 12:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from kickingimp
flash1 - I really don't get what the club were trying to do with that, we have always let away support in, even Hull when they were down in the lower leagues even after they trashed the pub opposite the train station.  Its usually just shirts that go in there and its often a nice family type atmosphere with possibly a tiny bit of harmless banter.  I believe the Trust have raised the issue with the club as for most fans it is seen as a loss of much needed revenue stopping you lot from coming in. Hopefully there are no hard feelings and Post 5pm on Sunday it will all be over for another year (if we stay up) and everyone can get back to being normal again.  

as i told the steward on the door,it seems something this year has been said in a time when your club like ours can ill afford to turn away money!the last we were there both sets of fans drank together and celebrated all the efforts from both sets of fans to raise money for local hospices in a sponsered bike ride!its a shame,but never the less town fans are becoming more and more less welcome on our travels

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from flash1

as i told the steward on the door,it seems something this year has been said in a time when your club like ours can ill afford to turn away money!the last we were there both sets of fans drank together and celebrated all the efforts from both sets of fans to raise money for local hospices in a sponsered bike ride!its a shame,but never the less town fans are becoming more and more less welcome on our travels

I wouldnt take it too personally it is and will always be regarded as an high risk fixture and judging by the Police prescence they had intelligence to suggest caution as usual they were miles of the pace i wonder if i should ask for a rebate on my council tax for PC Dodds ineptitude?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 221
flash1
December 28, 2011, 1:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I wouldnt take it too personally it is and will always be regarded as an high risk fixture and judging by the Police prescence they had intelligence to suggest caution as usual they were miles of the pace i wonder if i should ask for a rebate on my council tax for PC Dodds ineptitude?

probably wasting your time tbh,as i,ve emailed the club this morning with my concerns about the continued lack of respect for travelling town fans!Town fans in general are a good set of passionate and amazing fans but if you keep kicking a dog,sooner or later the dog will bite you back!thats my fear!Town fans got attacked on the way back to their cars at lincoln only when the police eventually turned up all they saw was town fans protecting themselves and their familys,guess which ones got arrested?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 221
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 1:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from kickingimp
Thanks mate.  Might just take the boy to Mc D's near the bowling alley before trying to find somewhere to park.  Maybe a Curry down the Indian Kitchen or Spice after the game if thats open.

Might be a good idea that pal... There is a bar in there as well so you would be able to get a pint, the little one would have a good time and you should be safe from most of our chavvy element in there...

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 221
December 28, 2011, 1:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from flash1

probably wasting your time tbh,as i,ve emailed the club this morning with my concerns about the continued lack of respect for travelling town fans!Town fans in general are a good set of passionate and amazing fans but if you keep kicking a dog,sooner or later the dog will bite you back!thats my fear!Town fans got attacked on the way back to their cars at lincoln only when the police eventually turned up all they saw was town fans protecting themselves and their familys,guess which ones got arrested?

What goes around comes around, think lincoln fans best keep their heads down shirters or not. I reckon there will be one or two looking for some payback nyd.
Reply: 92 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from flash1

Someone at work got smacked from behind whilst walking back to his car with his Grandson mind you he is a young looking 59 year old .I have no idea what is going on with folk today in the 80s and 90s ordinary fans were left alone, nowadays everyone is fair game and lets not kid ourselves the younger Grimsby yobs are amongst the worst for attacking scarfers in recent times.I hope all geniune Imps fans have a safe journey to and from BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 1:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 2578

What goes around comes around, think lincoln fans best keep their heads down shirters or not. I reckon there will be one or two looking for some payback nyd.

Anyone that attacks innocent Imps fans deserves a good kick in themselves and hopefully prison,2 wrongs dont make a right and they are cowards of the highest order.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 221
Harlem mariner
December 28, 2011, 1:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Yeh im hearing reports of normal fans getting verbally abused and in some cases attacked.  Classless cuunts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 221
Harlem mariner
December 28, 2011, 1:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Anyone that attacks innocent Imps fans deserves a good kick in themselves and hopefully prison,2 wrongs dont make a right and they are cowards of the highest order.

Normally would echo that but.....,.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 221
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 1:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Agree with this... I have nothing against people wanting to battle it out but just wish innocent people would be left out of it... At least back in the day 'hooligans' or at least most of them, had some morals and didn't attack innocent people... Nowadays it just seems these chavvy little fookers are after any perceived scalp, old, young, innocent or not, anything goes just to say they landed one on some poor fooker...

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 221
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 1:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Retribution will be the order of the day certainly for some and it'll be the innocent fans who end up either with their cars damaged or assaulted.

Who ever these so called hard men are can they arrange a 'meet' well away from those who just want to watch football and leave the rest of us out of it.  Somewhere on the outskirts of town and not any where near pubs or shopping centres.  Any one who hits a scarfer is coward.

Of course if they really wanted to see some action they could always join up, that's a true test of character.

Private Message
Reply: 98 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 1:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Harlem mariner
Yeh im hearing reports of normal fans getting verbally abused and in some cases attacked.  Classless cuunts

Im afraid this news has gone round Gy/Clee like wildfire and probably blown out of all proportion?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 1:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 2578

We will know who to blame then  

Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well said that man  

Private Message
Reply: 100 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 1:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

Agree with this... I have nothing against people wanting to battle it out but just wish innocent people would be left out of it... At least back in the day 'hooligans' or at least most of them, had some morals and didn't attack innocent people... Nowadays it just seems these chavvy little fookers are after any perceived scalp, old, young, innocent or not, anything goes just to say they landed one on some poor fooker...

Well any scrote i see attacking a Lincoln/Gy scarfer will get a boot in the knackers and if everyone else on here feels the same it shouldnt be a massive problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 221
ross1cod
December 28, 2011, 1:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
trouble is nowadays,normal fans dress like hoolies, i know loads of older lads, who use to want to fight back in the day, but have now grown out of it,but still like to wear the same designer clothes, no matter where you go, if you look the part your gona get offered it, as a few older fellows found out and got a twatting at stockport... you run the gauntlet where ever you go !!

if there smacking fans with colours on and scarfs thats so wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 221
December 28, 2011, 1:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from NorfolkImp

We will know who to blame then  

Well said that man  

Are you implying me buffoon? Did I say I was looking for any kind of Retribution? NO. But I do think there might   be like minded scum just like those at Lincoln who will take pleasure in whacking a gimp, just my opinion. As it's been said news about the Lincoln cowards soon spreads.

Reply: 103 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 1:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ross1cod
trouble is nowadays,normal fans dress like hoolies, i know loads of older lads, who use to want to fight back in the day, but have now grown out of it,but still like to wear the same designer clothes, no matter where you go, if you look the part your gona get offered it, as a few older fellows found out and got a twatting at stockport... you run the gauntlet where ever you go !!

if there smacking fans with colours on and scarfs thats so wrong

The lads who got smacked at Stockport know the rules though and took there lumps with a shrug of the shoulders,been around long enough and should have known better than to fall for that old come outside for a chat routine so they said themselves lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 28, 2011, 1:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 2578

Are you implying me buffoon? Did I say I was looking for any kind of Retribution? NO. But I do think there might   be like minded scum just like those at Lincoln who will take pleasure in whacking a gimp, just my opinion. As it's been said news about the Lincoln cowards soon spreads.

I'm not implying you personally, but highlighting it only fans the flames ....

I went to Blunders Park with my Dad when I was a young un',  it was the Easter game of 1977 and we didn't even get to the game. Our yellow Cortina Mk2 was attacked at the bottom of Isaacs Hill, so he turned round and drove back with a window through and a dint in the panel .... I remember being scared but exhilarated at the same time, but no way would I risk taking my son 4 y.o William to such a game.

Manchester derby oh yes, but a Lincs derby - no chance!

Private Message
Reply: 105 - 221
December 28, 2011, 2:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I'm not implying you personally, but highlighting it only fans the flames ....

I went to Blunders Park with my Dad when I was a young un',  it was the Easter game of 1977 and we didn't even get to the game. Our yellow Cortina Mk2 was attacked at the bottom of Isaacs Hill, so he turned round and drove back with a window through and a dint in the panel .... I remember being scared but exhilarated at the same time, but no way would I risk taking my son 4 y.o William to such a game.

Manchester derby oh yes, but a Lincs derby - no chance!

I think your blowing this out of proportion TBH, the trouble on Monday in the ground was caused by Lincoln Chavs as you call them !! Not Gy so to say on your AWESOME message board about how dangerous Grimsby is, well thats the biggest joke i ever heard.

I know its not all you personally but i think maybe you comment with not bringing your lad to a Lincs derby (which you all denied it was) is very harsh !
Reply: 106 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 2:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 891

I think your blowing this out of proportion TBH, the trouble on Monday in the ground was caused by Lincoln Chavs as you call them !! Not Gy so to say on your AWESOME message board about how dangerous Grimsby is, well thats the biggest joke i ever heard.

I know its not all you personally but i think maybe you comment with not bringing your lad to a Lincs derby (which you all denied it was) is very harsh !

Gaz nobody has mentioned the trouble in the ground being a concern mate the Police and stewards can deal with that the problem is outside the ground when small groups get picked off by gangs of spineless sharp objects from both sides.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 221
ross1cod
December 28, 2011, 2:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The lads who got smacked at Stockport know the rules though and took there lumps with a shrug of the shoulders,been around long enough and should have known better than to fall for that old come outside for a chat routine so they said themselves lol

ha, too much beer and complacency,and there was deffo a few lumps, but still hasnt put us off going, just made it clear that rules have changed,and no to this generation means feck all.. saying that though micky, still wouldnt make us wana bang any innocent fans for the sake of revenge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 221
Rob Peel
December 28, 2011, 4:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Right lets put this TOTALLY into perspective There were 2 Arrests on the day (so i am told) 1 (h) & 1(a) read into that as you will.  A minor scuffle after the match South Park and a bit of disorder inside the stadium. Judging by the size of the Lincoln Hooligan group i saw 150/170 in 4/5 pubs and 35/40 grimsby Hooligans i would say that is a small price to pay....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 4:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rob Peel
Right lets put this TOTALLY into perspective There were 2 Arrests on the day (so i am told) 1 (h) & 1(a) read into that as you will.  A minor scuffle after the match South Park and a bit of disorder inside the stadium. Judging by the size of the Lincoln Hooligan group i saw 150/170 in 4/5 pubs and 35/40 grimsby Hooligans i would say that is a small price to pay....

You must be including OB and stewards in the Lincoln numbers surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 221
December 28, 2011, 4:41pm
Guest User
Lincoln excuses update, pubs to far from ground 3% chance of snow, armaggeden.
Reply: 111 - 221
December 28, 2011, 4:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You must be including OB and stewards in the Lincoln numbers surely?

150 lol, does this include the 18 yr old 8 stone Wipper snappers hanging round city centre. 40 town was to many me thinks, more than enough. Stick to whacking shirters you carrot crunching tool.

Reply: 112 - 221
RoboCod
December 28, 2011, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
my biggest fear is not hooligans but exploding kebab shops. Who needs volcanoes in the doomed year of 2012 ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 4:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
my biggest fear is not hooligans but exploding kebab shops. Who needs volcanoes in the doomed year of 2012 ?

Probably Town`s advanced guard?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 221
December 28, 2011, 4:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rob Peel

150 lol, does this include the 18 yr old 8 stone Wipper snappers hanging round city centre. 40 town was to many me thinks, more than enough. Stick to whacking shirters you carrot crunching tool.
Reply: 115 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 4:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 2578

Rob`s point being though 2 arrests across 5k fans and 2-300 hooligans suggests a massive downturn in actual violence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 221
Rob Peel
December 28, 2011, 5:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Rob`s point being though 2 arrests across 5k fans and 2-300 hooligans suggests a massive downturn in actual violence.

Exactly my friend trying to put a balanced view as for the reply carrot crunching inbred crawl back into your hole you clown
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 221
December 28, 2011, 5:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Oh, Rob your friend   fair point tho, but 2 blatantly lie about 170 hooligans, the boys talking balderdash.
Reply: 118 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 5:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 2578

Oh, Rob your friend   fair point tho, but 2 blatantly lie about 170 hooligans, the boys talking balderdash.

Maybe they were in disgiuse i saw a tramp on the high st who looked a bit handy tapping his sherry bottle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 221
RoboCod
December 28, 2011, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Maybe they were in disgiuse i saw a tramp on the high st who looked a bit handy tapping his sherry bottle

Conlon ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 221
Pontoon Steve
December 28, 2011, 6:55pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from Rob Peel

Are the Lincolnshire police trying to fiddle the figures? I saw a Gimp being arrested outside the Lincolnshire Runner on the High St, and he was crying for his mummy and sucking on 1 of his 6 fingers.

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 221
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Conlon ?

hehe thought he looked familular
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 221
mariner91
December 28, 2011, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oldludensian
Personally I love BP. I love it for the history; that being all the great games I can remember being part of there (those memories I will take to the grave - no one can take them from me) and the fact the ground has character as it's so old and individualistic. I know its facilites are sh1te but IT IS HOME and one day I want my ashes spread there. I loath the day we move into a ready built, passionless "arena".

Not giving the non travelling Imps an excuse but I can see why they don't come, as let's face it Cleethorpes (Gy Rd especially) is a shite tip. Rubbish housing, no decent boozers and as depressing as fcuk. Any true fan should be able to rise above this though, as they're not taking the family on a nice, sunny day out, they're going to follow their team. That's what FANS do, isn't it? I don't care what other club's areas or grounds are like. I couldn't give a fcuk - I'm there for the Mariners.

I hope if Town do ever move that we don't go into an identikit stadium which looks like everyone else's. I would like the stadium to look vaguely like a trawler to go with the heritage of the town and club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 221
triffontourgtfc
December 28, 2011, 9:32pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from Rob Peel

rob you know to much why did lincoln stay in the pubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 221
ticker_1610
December 28, 2011, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Someone I spoke with at the match, suggested that one of lincs finest is or was allegedly one of lincolns hooligan element. Doubt it myself but who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 221
RoboCod
December 29, 2011, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

1 - TIME OF YEAR
2 - WEATHER
3 - STATE OF GROUND
4 - LOCAL PUBS
5 - LOCAL FOOD
6 - POOR STEWARDING
7 - LOCAL POLICE
8 - MAN FLU
9 - TRAVEL INCONVIENCES
10 – TEAM PLAYING POORLY
11 – POOR MANAGER
12 – FOUR LIMBS

Newly added to the Imps 'Vital' (ha ha) site..

Many will be having a few drinks on NYE and will not be feeling like [or fit for] a trip to GY on NYD
The prospect of the Away 'facilities' at Blundell Park are not exactly a draw either !.

No one goes to a match with a bit of a sore head though do they ?
Isn't the whole point of 'fixing' the holiday fixtures being that we can meet local clubs for a rip-roaring game ? Should we offer to play our home fixture at their place, make it a bit easier for them and we can use their more excellent facilities ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 221
Marinerz93
December 29, 2011, 2:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Lincoln fans are more tin pot than the Scunts, bored of their feeble excuses.

Private Message
Reply: 127 - 221
aaron rattray
December 29, 2011, 3:19pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
well im warning you now my immaturity may end up with a big fight.

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 221
Marinerz93
December 29, 2011, 3:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
well im warning you now my immaturity may end up with a big fight.

Isn't that referred to as a tantrum as you have not matured.

Private Message
Reply: 129 - 221
aaron rattray
December 29, 2011, 3:43pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Isn't that referred to as a tantrum as you have not matured.

no i dont have a temper i can just be immature at times

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 221
Marinerz93
December 29, 2011, 4:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker

no i dont have a temper i can just be immature at times

At times you say  

Private Message
Reply: 131 - 221
lukeo
December 30, 2011, 9:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
I could understand if ther original statement was true .. But I've been in the Osmond and it isn't that bad. I will NEVER go to York away again. The facilities are excrement, the ground is excrement, if it's wet/cold you have no roof and the one time i did go i got glass bottles thrown at my car.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 221
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Yeah York is pretty poor, crumbling concrete terraces to stand on. Barrow away is woeful, their supporters clubhouse next to the ground is nice n tidy tho. Crickey Chesterfields old ground away end was a disgrace, but we went in our hundreds every game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 221
aaron rattray
December 30, 2011, 9:16am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
york was awful the toilets were 2 brick walls with a pirspex roof

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 221
Super Clive
December 30, 2011, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
York away isn't that bad its traditional anyway if you wanted a seat and a roof why not just pay the pound transfer fee? we had about 200/250 seats in that area.

As for the glass bottle don't drive a excrement car  
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 221
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 9:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Sorry Clive, York away standing is poor, but like you said it's traditional and we still go in our hundreds, for the tradition, it was the same at Chesterfield. Barrow no tradition cramped decaying concrete terracing, and yet all being well I shall be there again this season. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 221
kickingimp
December 30, 2011, 9:30am
Coke Drinker
York away is better than it used to be, now you have a perspex roof over the toilets.  Its no worse than Donny's old ground or the hole that was Boothferry park.  

As for Travelling Lincoln fans, the truth is we are a excrement team and after 4 years of underachiving (by Lincoln's standard which was old forth division at best that is bad) and a relegation, the hardcore has dwindled to the point that you should be grateful that we can muster 6 - 700 for the local derby match.  Had we been higher in the league then more casual supporters may have bothered but apathy is the key in the city at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 221
gary_elton
December 30, 2011, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
york was awful the toilets were 2 brick walls with a pirspex roof

they've put a roof on it ?????  Luxury....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 221
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 9:39am
Whiskey Drinker
It could be that apathy that leads you into a relegation battle again. NYD could be a key game for the rest of lincolns season. Fortunately, Bath, Stockpot, Alfreton, Kettering and now possibly Darlo could give you the breathing space to get things sorted this season, ready for stability next. That's unless you contrive to go kamikaze again last 15 matches?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 30, 2011, 11:26am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from kickingimp

As for Travelling Lincoln fans, the truth is we are a excrement team and after 4 years of underachiving (by Lincoln's standard which was old forth division at best that is bad) and a relegation, the hardcore has dwindled to the point that you should be grateful that we can muster 6 - 700 for the local derby match.  Had we been higher in the league then more casual supporters may have bothered but apathy is the key in the city at the moment.

What I've been saying all along, some of us have limits ..... others stick with it, each to their own!

Private Message
Reply: 140 - 221
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
You miserable git Aryan, get your nunny born behind down to purchase a ticket, n join in the banter post match!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 30, 2011, 11:59am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
You miserable git Aryan, get your nunny born behind down to purchase a ticket, n join in the banter post match!

Manchester beckons, and a night out on Deansgate till the early hours .... but I will tune in again via phone 'app', until your 2nd goal goes in of course  

Private Message
Reply: 142 - 221
kickingimp
December 30, 2011, 12:06pm
Coke Drinker
Despite the score I just hope both sets of fans leave (not necessarily happy) but satisfied that the fayre they have received has been worth the money they have paid.  Too often in recent years have I seen one team or other turn up and fail to perform.  Mondays Game despite the score was good to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 221
gtfc98
December 30, 2011, 10:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Interestingly, just had a glance on the Lincoln forum and there is a certain aryan_imp saying he isn't going on NYD but has bought tickets for the Manchester derby. What is wrong with you man, your club is on its knees, needs every penny it can get and you've turned your back on them in their hour of need to jump on the man city bandwagon. Hang your head in shame!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 221
gary_elton
December 30, 2011, 11:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from gtfc98
Interestingly, just had a glance on the Lincoln forum and there is a certain aryan_imp saying he isn't going on NYD but has bought tickets for the Manchester derby. What is wrong with you man, your club is on its knees, needs every penny it can get and you've turned your back on them in their hour of need to jump on the man city bandwagon. Hang your head in shame!

one thought springs to mind... priapismic onanist.... ( dictionary needed ?) shouldn't be......  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 221
Colonel Fishpaste
December 31, 2011, 12:49am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Even Lincoln don't need a fan like this Aryan Imp bloke.  Talk about a plastic, off to watch the Manchester derby instead of his "beloved" Lincoln.  Horses for courses and such ....  Glory hunting Manc, hope United ruin your day with a nice 3 goal win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 221
December 31, 2011, 12:58am
Guest User
Quoted from Colonel Fishpaste
Even Lincoln don't need a fan like this Aryan Imp bloke.  Talk about a plastic, off to watch the Manchester derby instead of his "beloved" Lincoln.  Horses for courses and such ....  Glory hunting Manc, hope United ruin your day with a nice 3 goal win.

Here Here, what a shame if Hull FC And Hull City where Football Teams and LOCAL + Premier £200,000 a week players !!, i would still follow my local Town/City this is a farce who does he think he is ........ and i speak for Grimsby and Lincoln fans alike. If you have any sense AryanImp of following a local team then you will be at BP come Sunday.

GROW UP and support your local team you very sad individual !

YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEEDS YOU NOT A TEAM THAT CAN SELL THE TICKETS YOU HAVE, 100 TIMES OVER !!!
Reply: 147 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 1:15am

Barley Wine Drinker

Aryan Imp is an ex Grimsby lad, born on the nunny, that's why he keeps coming back.

Private Message
Reply: 148 - 221
Colonel Fishpaste
December 31, 2011, 2:57am

Lager Top Drinker
Tried to ignore him but after all the balderdash he was spouting about Lincoln and his days giving it large in his chav Burberry or Fila trackie he started to get on me mammaries with his war stories.  Then he stays away from a derby match to go see his "second team" the noveau rich Citizens of MCFC.  Ban this terd, admin!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 221
Theimperialcoroner
December 31, 2011, 9:11am

I'm trying to goad my mate who's a reasonably ardent Gimp fan into coming, but he's not breaking yet. His excuse is nowhere safe to park and not nice around BP. I ve told him quite how urine poor these excuses are and that is no worse than around Sinny Bank, but if they all think like that they won't really show up.
I'm not fussed, but want to see as many as possible in the Park to watch Town do the business.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 221
ticker_1610
December 31, 2011, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
You think they would turn up to see their new wonder kid winger. Brought in because he tore Lincoln apart in the trophy game. That said he's meant to be a young talent with pace but a lot to learn. The defender got rejected on loan by Alty in the BSN as not being upto standard n sent back to Telford! Interesting adds a bit more zip to NYD game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 221
RoboCod
December 31, 2011, 9:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
You think they would turn up to see their new wonder kid winger. Brought in because he tore Lincoln apart in the trophy game. That said he's meant to be a young talent with pace but a lot to learn. The defender got rejected on loan by Alty in the BSN as not being upto standard n sent back to Telford! Interesting adds a bit more zip to NYD game.

Still time to sign Kemps !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 221
ticker_1610
December 31, 2011, 9:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Maybe they ain't paid their electricity bill n fax machine not working over the weekend n Kempo will sign when the bills paid. Wonder how much football debt they are building up with loan players n parent clubs! Maybe our away following will keep them afloat above Darlo!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 221
Harlem mariner
December 31, 2011, 9:38am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Still time to sign Kemps !!

Please sign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 221
Harlem mariner
December 31, 2011, 9:40am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I'm trying to goad my mate who's a reasonably ardent Gimp fan into coming, but he's not breaking yet. His excuse is nowhere safe to park and not nice around BP. I ve told him quite how urine poor these excuses are and that is no worse than around Sinny Bank, but if they all think like that they won't really show up.
I'm not fussed, but want to see as many as possible in the Park to watch Town do the business.

Keep working on him lets get some cash back from the carrot crunchers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 221
Theimperialcoroner
December 31, 2011, 11:09am

Any news on Gimps sales?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 221
December 31, 2011, 11:18am
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Any news on Gimps sales?

Just over 700 i think and there ticket office is shut today and tomorrow . Such a huge club  
Reply: 157 - 221
aldi_01
December 31, 2011, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
What a urine poor excuse it is saying its rough around the ground...very few clubs at this level have their grounds in nice places...intercourse me, it's like the ghetto around sincil male masturbation, equally as bad as blundell park...

If you're ginna use an excuse at least try and be imaginative...if they don't wanna come then just admit it...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 221
Citymariner
December 31, 2011, 11:49am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
They don't like BP because if when they are on the run they can't get away very quick!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 159 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 1:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Good job non of them are in the forces, fair weather lilly livered fans, girls privates.

Private Message
Reply: 160 - 221
NorfolkImp
December 31, 2011, 1:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Citymariner
They don't like BP because if when they are on the run they can't get away very quick!

You're kidding right???

HNY mate in any case! 800 isn't bad considering, and is 200 more than I predicted initially!

Private Message
Reply: 161 - 221
LH
December 31, 2011, 1:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,653
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from Marinerz93
Good job non of them are in the forces, fair weather lilly livered fans, girls privates.

Yet to meet a Gimp in the RAF. You'd think with their 617 'Ultras' there'd be a few at least!

This is the first course/section I've been on where I'm the only lad from Grimsby. On my shift at Benson there were 4 of us out of 35 from Grimsby. Three were Town fans!
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 221
gtfc98
December 31, 2011, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You're kidding right???

HNY mate in any case! 800 isn't bad considering, and is 200 more than I predicted initially!

Jumping on the Man City bandwagon though aryan, seriously?? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 221
RoboCod
December 31, 2011, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Pity they had to be shamed into it, 500 max otherwise  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 221
bobbyboxer
December 31, 2011, 2:09pm
Beer Drinker
intercourse them ther excrement wiv excrement support and a excrement cathederall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 2:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Yet to meet a Gimp in the RAF. You'd think with their 617 'Ultras' there'd be a few at least!

This is the first course/section I've been on where I'm the only lad from Grimsby. On my shift at Benson there were 4 of us out of 35 from Grimsby. Three were Town fans!

Almost 22 years service and I've only ever met six Gimps, one I currently work with, I've only ever met 3 Scunts too and I work with two of them  

I've met Town fans all over the globe, even one whose Grandad paid for Towns floodlights

Private Message
Reply: 166 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 2:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Come on it does not take alot to work out that there will be loads of ex RAF who support Lincoln,Scampton,Waddo,Cranwell,Digby ,Coningsby there is loads of current and Ex Raf myself included.
Loads of people i served with settled in Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Come on it does not take alot to work out that there will be loads of ex RAF who support Lincoln,Scampton,Waddo,Cranwell,Digby ,Coningsby there is loads of current and Ex Raf myself included.

There is a difference between coming from and settling down in.  What trade were you Helgy?

Private Message
Reply: 168 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 2:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

There is a difference between coming from and settling down in.  What trade were you Helgy?

That there is but alot support Lincoln now,that was along time ago.I don't think you could call it a trade lol. supplier or blanket stacker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 221
RoboCod
December 31, 2011, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Fair point Helgy but why should we be reasonable and logical about it with all that pseudo-snob shite going on on your board? You'd think that every poster on there actually LIVED in the Cathedral. Fair play to you and a couple of others for keeping it in the bounds of sanity because the Vital board is looking more like the Lincoln Knitting club where members just have a vague interest in football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 3:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

That there is but alot support Lincoln now,that was along time ago.I don't think you could call it a trade lol. supplier or blanket stacker

I know loads of suppliers one of the few trades that have decent lads in.  I know a few lads who watch Lincoln for the very reason you state.  I am working on that, so you may lose a few to the Mariners if I can talk them into it  

Private Message
Reply: 171 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 3:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Fair point Helgy but why should we be reasonable and logical about it with all that pseudo-snob shite going on on your board? You'd think that every poster on there actually LIVED in the Cathedral. Fair play to you and a couple of others for keeping it in the bounds of sanity because the Vital board is looking more like the Lincoln Knitting club where members just have a vague interest in football.

Not every poster is like that, just like not every Gy poster makes out every inhabitant of Lincoln is inbred.

We have shifted over 800 now nothing like your effort but its not bad considering we are near the bottom of the BSP.

Perhaps your passion is greater than the majority of Lincoln fans, i did notice you have a similar fund raising scheme to the one i run but it seems you lot back its efforts,its taken 2 years to finally get people interested and to get the club interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 3:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I know loads of suppliers one of the few trades that have decent lads in.  I know a few lads who watch Lincoln for the very reason you state.  I am working on that, so you may lose a few to the Mariners if I can talk them into it  

The only thing i miss is the football and getting time off work to represent the station was a good crack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 221
1mickylyons
December 31, 2011, 3:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Not every poster is like that, just like not every Gy poster makes out every inhabitant of Lincoln is inbred.

We have shifted over 800 now nothing like your effort but its not bad considering we are near the bottom of the BSP.

Perhaps your passion is greater than the majority of Lincoln fans, i did notice you have a similar fund raising scheme to the one i run but it seems you lot back its efforts,its taken 2 years to finally get people interested and to get the club interested.

800 is a cracking effort and i very much doubted it would ever be below 750 on a BH given the distance but by the 90th minute you will be the only one left in the stand mate were gonna batter you 7-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 3:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

800 is a cracking effort and i very much doubted it would ever be below 750 on a BH given the distance but by the 90th minute you will be the only one left in the stand mate were gonna batter you 7-0

Only seen one win at BP from 1990 to 2011 so it does not look good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 221
pseudonym
December 31, 2011, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from Helgy

There are a lot of RAF on this site. Right Arrogant F*ckers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 221
RoboCod
December 31, 2011, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

800 is pretty good to be fair. There is a passion missing in Imps fans, even the forums seem to dip badly, while the Fishy seems to have gotten stronger as we plummeted down. The years of success, long gone now, have turned it into a football town I guess, and we await the club to wake from its slumber and regain those days. We have a generation of hard done by fans, who hear of the glory days as some kind of folklore but who know it can be done again. Problem for Lincoln is it's much more than one generation who have suffered and had its fanbase slowly eroded.
Mr Holdsworth really has a job on his hands but at least he'll have 800 away fans so there is some belief there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 221
pseudonym
December 31, 2011, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from RoboCod

800 is pretty good to be fair. There is a passion missing in Imps fans, even the forums seem to dip badly, while the Fishy seems to have gotten stronger as we plummeted down. The years of success, long gone now, have turned it into a football town I guess, and we await the club to wake from its slumber and regain those days. We have a generation of hard done by fans, who hear of the glory days as some kind of folklore but who know it can be done again. Problem for Lincoln is it's much more than one generation who have suffered and had its fanbase slowly eroded.
Mr Holdsworth really has a job on his hands but at least he'll have 800 away fans so there is some belief there.

Agree. 800 is a very good following.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 221
ticker_1610
December 31, 2011, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
800 is decent nearly half of average gate especially if more turn up on the day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 3:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

I think you have hit the nail on the head there,its like everyone is reserved and set in their ways and that bit the club in the behind.
The board just thought they could keep going and everything would be fine big mistake you have that mentality and your set up for failure.
Last home game in the league we pulled in 7900 and 1800 turned up on BD that have not been to the bank this season,the support is there it just needs tapping into and like you say the longer the decline the harder it is to come back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 221
1mickylyons
December 31, 2011, 3:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Lincoln should not be knocked for there support 800 is a good effort earlier this season we played Stockport who i regard as a club with a decent fanbase and they brought about 70 whilst we took about 700 to them ffs.I for one will applaud the Lincoln fans if/when they read the amount out same as i do every game and the reason for that is they have got off their arses and made the effort to follow there team away from home.I also dont think Town`s away following can be compared to most other teams because if the game matters we nearly always manage to pull at least 50% of our avg home gate.An early GY goal and the 800 Lincoln fans wont be heard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 221
aldi_01
December 31, 2011, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Why read the away following out though, we never used to when in the league as very few clubs read them out when we are away fans and clap us...they, like us, don't have to travel, they choose to.

I know it's about being polite etc but who cares...all I wanna know is the overall attendance...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 221
1mickylyons
December 31, 2011, 4:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Why read the away following out though, we never used to when in the league as very few clubs read them out when we are away fans and clap us...they, like us, don't have to travel, they choose to.

I know it's about being polite etc but who cares...all I wanna know is the overall attendance...

No idea but my point is they do read it out and id much rather have 800 Lincoln fans in the Osmond than the 20-30 we get from most clubs in this excrement league and most decent Imps would probably say the same about us filling the away end at SB?Does it deserve a round of applause?....perhaps not but i for one will enjoy for the 2nd time only in the last 2 seasons being part of a proper Blundell Park crowd wont you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 4:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
800, wow, that's excellent for Lincoln I was only expecting 650 ish after our win.  

Fair play to the Gimps maybe us winding them up enticed a few more to back their team  

Quoted from aldi_01

For years we jeered at the away support because it was done to us week in week out in Championship by those bigger teams.  If we treat the away supporters with a bit more decorum then hopefully they'll come back.  

There are a few reasons why we are at the bottom of away supporters visiting league.  Adressing some of those should make us a more attractive fixture.

1.  Spray the paths around BP from early morning and have wardens patrolling and fining dogs walkers who are too idle to pick up their dogs mess.  People on community service could spray the paths.
2.  We should be aiming to be the best in the league for catering, serving real ale and the like.
3.  Good facilities for both home and away fans.

just 3 examples, many more could be explored.

Private Message
Reply: 184 - 221
RoboCod
December 31, 2011, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
What sort of logic is this? From the Vital board

I wonder how many we would have taken had the fixtures been reversed? We will never know of course, but I would suggest we would have taken more than we have on NYD and they would be less than Boxing day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 221
December 31, 2011, 5:05pm
Guest User
800 is good support for a club of Lincoln's size.
Reply: 186 - 221
Super Clive
December 31, 2011, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from 75
800 is good support for a club of Lincoln's size.

Don't rub it in or oat  
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 221
ross1cod
December 31, 2011, 5:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
to be fair to lincoln fans... 800 out of just over 1k allocation isnt a bad effort, alot will be fed up with where they are as a club, same as alot of town fans have been for the past few seasons.. look at how many have fallen off normal match day attendances in the last 2-4 seasons. People want value for money, entertainment and maybe a little bit of hope that things can/will turn around.

until 3 season's ago i was a season ticket holder, and if i never got a season ticket there wasnt many home games i missed, but sometimes people say enough is enough and stop paying their hard earned doller to come away week in/out thinking why should they bother.

It took me until the Wrexham home game to attend this season,and even though we lost i enjoyed the game, and could see a slight change in attitude from the players, and i went to that game expecting to watch a game and try and appreciate the level we are now at which is BSP level, i never thought for one minute i was going to be witness to championship style football, i just took it at face value, and enjoyed getting behind my team again. I still pick and choose, and will for the rest of the season, but that GTFC buzz is coming back.It will be the same for lincoln fans, all this BS about GY being a dump, a scary place to come etc is just a smoke screen, i think the reall reason is they are just fed up with where they are as a club, and not prepared to pay for whats on offer..

anyways essay overwith. have a cracking new year and here's to 3 more points on our road to recovery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 221
December 31, 2011, 5:38pm
Guest User
800 ..... they heard my message at SB if you don't fecking like it, don't come
Reply: 189 - 221
Tommy
December 31, 2011, 5:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Let's be honest here 800 is excrement.

For a local game on a bank holiday.

All the excuses are pathetic. You go away to support your team not to admire how clean of dogshit the pathways around the ground are. Some of them blame BP being a excrement ground for them not coming, well intercourse me half the grounds in this league don't have roofs, seats, and aren't much bigger than the Bradley Community Stadium - so I assume all of these gimps won't be travelling away at all apart from to Darlington, Luton and Wrexham.

As for them bringing less than we took there because they've got to travel on New Years Day and people have a drink on new years eve.......... What balderdash, does no-one drink on Christmas Day then?

As for them being in a poor league position.... Well boo hoo they were, what, 2 places below us before the Boxing Day game? We're hardly fighting for promotion ourselves are we.

When they announce the figure of away supporters ill be laughing, not clapping.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 221
Fishfinger
December 31, 2011, 5:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
I have to agree that some of their excuses are beyond pathetic, they need to get a grip and support their team instead of being big babies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 221
johnolbe
December 31, 2011, 6:03pm
Coke Drinker
Following the Imps isn't easy atm so as usual it will be hope for the best but expect the worst. Hope we have reached the depths and tomorrow will be the start of an upturn but we're struggling to score and can't defend set pieces.Looks like our best 3 players are all out so should be an easy 3 points for you lot. Obvious banker home 3-0 win but 800 of us dreaming of an upset so predicting a 2-1 Imps win.
Expect you to take the p*ss but got to have faith or blind optimism
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 221
gtfc98
December 31, 2011, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
800 is fantastic for a tinpot club like Lincoln, who let's face it had conned us into thinking they were a proper league club for years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 221
Limerick Mariner
December 31, 2011, 6:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
Let's be honest here 800 is excrement.

For a local game on a bank holiday.

All the excuses are pathetic. You go away to support your team not to admire how clean of dogshit the pathways around the ground are. Some of them blame BP being a excrement ground for them not coming, well intercourse me half the grounds in this league don't have roofs, seats, and aren't much bigger than the Bradley Community Stadium - so I assume all of these gimps won't be travelling away at all apart from to Darlington, Luton and Wrexham.

As for them bringing less than we took there because they've got to travel on New Years Day and people have a drink on new years eve.......... What balderdash, does no-one drink on Christmas Day then?

As for them being in a poor league position.... Well boo hoo they were, what, 2 places below us before the Boxing Day game? We're hardly fighting for promotion ourselves are we.

When they announce the figure of away supporters ill be laughing, not clapping.

Sorry you are wrong. Chesterfield had 1100 at Scunny today - 55 miles all motorway so 1 hour away. They are struggling but 1st season up in League 1 afer winning the lge 2 title and they average 6k at home. So why is a team averaging 2300 at home in the bottom half of the BSP taking 800 to a fixture an hour away poor. I think it's a reasonable following. Town have exceptional away support for biggish games compared to our home numbers - we are a bit like Carlisle (they took 4k to PNE on boxing day) in that respect. Compare Lincoln to Scunny and Chesterfield and they come out well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 221
Helgy
December 31, 2011, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Both clubs have taken less than 900 to a game, in 2008/9 you brought 831, were as our lowest was of course when it snowed 2005/6  861 turned out and you brought 2225 in March yet in the play off game only brought 1677?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 221
carrot top
December 31, 2011, 6:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
800 is a really good turnout for a BSP game in particular. So my fellow cocky Mariners stop gloating about our showing at SB, its just playground stuff

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 221
Limerick Mariner
December 31, 2011, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Helgy
Both clubs have taken less than 900 to a game, in 2008/9 you brought 831, were as our lowest was of course when it snowed 2005/6  861 turned out and you brought 2225 in March yet in the play off game only brought 1677?

Play off semi was all ticket at both venues and GTFC allocation restricted to 1200 for SB I thought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 221
Tommy
December 31, 2011, 6:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Sorry you are wrong. Chesterfield had 1100 at Scunny today - 55 miles all motorway so 1 hour away. They are struggling but 1st season up in League 1 afer winning the lge 2 title and they average 6k at home. So why is a team averaging 2300 at home in the bottom half of the BSP taking 800 to a fixture an hour away poor. I think it's a reasonable following. Town have exceptional away support for biggish games compared to our home numbers - we are a bit like Carlisle (they took 4k to PNE on boxing day) in that respect. Compare Lincoln to Scunny and Chesterfield and they come out well.

You make some valid points Limerick. I suppose I was solely comparing it to our away support which was perhaps unfair if ours is historically better/bigger. But still, some of the excuses coming from Lincoln Fans are pathetic I stand by that.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 221
Tommy
December 31, 2011, 6:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Helgy

I think there were 2 reasons for that

1) Reduced allocation after there being a lot of trouble before and during the normal league game,
2) Some fans mentally scarred from the 0-5  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 221
Pongo
December 31, 2011, 7:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from Marinerz93

Almost 22 years service and I've only ever met six Gimps, one I currently work with, I've only ever met 3 Scunts too and I work with two of them  

I've met Town fans all over the globe, even one whose Grandad paid for Towns floodlights

Has he still got the guarantee there is a few lamps out?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 221
Limerick Mariner
December 31, 2011, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
No doubt the excuses are certainly more imaginative than my reason for not handing in my maths homework 30+ yrs ago, when I was actually following Town to Wolves in the League Cup replay...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 221
TownSNAFU5
December 31, 2011, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,933
Gold Stars: 42
Playoff semi also on TV at SB.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 7:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Pongo

Has he still got the guarantee there is a few lamps out?

No unfortunately, I think he said we bought the floodlights from Derby and the guarantee was only for a year, we didn't take out the extra 100 years that was offered  

Private Message
Reply: 203 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Playoff semi also on TV at SB.
Remember it well - FA cup day !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 221
Colonel Fishpaste
December 31, 2011, 8:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
I think we should clap the 800 that show, diehards with some balls, unlike this Aryan Imp bloke off to watchthe Mancs derby after giving it large all over the UK during his yoof ...  Gets on me mammaries when a keyboard warrior takes the urine on OUR board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 8:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
I think we should clap the 800 that show, diehards with some balls, unlike this Aryan Imp bloke off to watchthe Mancs derby after giving it large all over the UK during his yoof ...  Gets on me mammaries when a keyboard warrior takes the urine on OUR board.
I always applaud the away support ...... and I will even though it is the Gimps - that' s a fair showing and will be more than any other Club at the Park this season - 3 - 0 Town Come On !!! Can't wait

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 8:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
I always applaud the away support ...... and I will even though it is the Gimps - that' s a fair showing and will be more than any other Club at the Park this season - 3 - 0 Town Come On !!! Can't wait

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 221
Rob Peel
December 31, 2011, 9:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Here is to a great game of football with a 5000 capacity crowd how ever many we bring and peaceful off the pitch 2-1 Imps (wishful thinking) but you have to hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 9:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rob Peel
Here is to a great game of football with a 5000 capacity crowd how ever many we bring and peaceful off the pitch 2-1 Imps (wishful thinking) but you have to hope
Way more than 5k Rob but thanks for the good wishes and good luck to your fans and team - UTM !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
Way more than 5k Rob but thanks for the good wishes and good luck to your fans and team - UTM !

Corrected for you  

Private Message
Reply: 210 - 221
Rob Peel
December 31, 2011, 9:18pm
Shandy Drinker
What gate you expecting anything over 5k will be IMPressive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 221
Marinerz93
December 31, 2011, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rob Peel
What gate you expecting anything over 5k will be IMPressive

It's looking like 6,000+  

Private Message
Reply: 212 - 221
Colonel Fishpaste
December 31, 2011, 9:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Hope everyone enjoys and all is safe off the field.  I'll be nestled behind the Mac listening on Player with a few cans of Stella wearing my lucky Town top.  Should be a cracking day with both sets of fans in full voice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 9:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Corrected for you  
Ha Ha - just being sporting ! I hope we thrash the fookers !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 221
December 31, 2011, 9:35pm
Guest User
Hearns Twitter : 3pm Kick off tomoz . Fans are buzzing , so am i , UTM and another tweet is : expecting over 6000 tomoz , buzzing for this  game , atmosphere should be ledge .
Reply: 215 - 221
ponnyfan
December 31, 2011, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1739
Hearns Twitter : 3pm Kick off tomoz . Fans are buzzing , so am i , UTM and another tweet is : expecting over 6000 tomoz , buzzing for this  game , atmosphere should be ledge .
Have it Lincoln !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 221
Colonel Fishpaste
January 1, 2012, 12:13am

Lager Top Drinker
Get fookin' in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 221
Bullitt
January 1, 2012, 12:23am
Guest User
Buzzing for tomorrow, don't want to go to bed, feels like I'm an 8 year old waiting for Christmas day again, hope all our fans show positivity and don't get on the players backs, UTM.
Reply: 218 - 221
big bad bob
January 1, 2012, 12:38am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
I know. it feels almost like a cup final cant wait
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 221
Bullitt
January 1, 2012, 12:53am
Guest User
Quoted from big bad bob
I know. it feels almost like a cup final cant wait

Exactly the same, its only a league game on paper but it feels like so much more to us fans, really cannot wait!
Reply: 220 - 221
springstomind
January 1, 2012, 6:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Can't wati for this one! wide awake at 8am (now) buzzing! can't make today so i reckon Everton game with a stack of Koppabergs and BBC Radio Humberside and listen to all you lucky illegitimates in full voice!! Have a good day everyone thats going! Lets climb another few league places today!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 221
23 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln Support NYD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.