4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
September 29, 2011, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
This is a copy of an e-mail that I have sent to Mike Parker. Iam sure a lot of you on here will agree with me.

Dear Mr Parker, Firstly I would like to thank you for supporting our great Club. By committing that amount of money to the Club is fantastic. Now that you have a 54% share of the Club and a controlling interest I would like to make you aware of a couple of things. Unlike a lot of football club Grimsby Town doesn’t have a supporters club as such, just a Supporters Trust group. Please be aware that the Grimsby Town Supporters Trust are not representative of the majority of Grimsby Town supporters and they are very cliquey. Over the years they have failed to raise any meaningful amounts of money to support Grimsby Town and they have been plagued by constant back-fighting and power struggles. If you are to embrace the Club’s supporters please would you consider setting up a supporters club? Thank you again for supporting our onece great club.  

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
BIGChris
September 29, 2011, 9:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Look foward to see you at Saturdays meeting when you can mould the Trust into something the fans want
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Rich Boy
September 29, 2011, 9:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
What meeting? That's been well advertised then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
Green27
September 29, 2011, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Check your spelling and grammar before you send that off.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
mariner2000
September 29, 2011, 9:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Green27

LOL my thought exactly, always have spell check on your emails!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 4 - 32
Les Brechin
September 29, 2011, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,735
Gold Stars: 174
What's back-fighting when it's at home?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
barralad
September 29, 2011, 9:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Green27

Is there such an instrument as a libellometer? If so his was obviously turned off!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
barralad
September 29, 2011, 9:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Rich Boy

Check the two threads on this auspicious organ. (You can't really miss them being about 20 pages long each....)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Martz86
September 29, 2011, 10:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +149
Gold Stars: 1
I don't think Mike will instantly snub the email because of a few errors, however, I think the content of the email isn't really his main priority at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
September 29, 2011, 10:24pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1
I also emailed Mike Parker and wrote:

Dear Uncle Jimmy,
Please can you fix it for me to watch a decent game of football at Blundell Park, and I don't mean inviting me into McMenemys to watch a 'Super Sunday'.

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
Rich Boy
September 29, 2011, 10:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
So Town have potentially 30,000 fans ( based around that many went to Wembley) and the supporters trust advertise their big meeting to 30 people on here?  Nothings changed then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 10:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rich Boy

Don't you get it ?
It's up to YOU to "pull your finger out", not the other way round !  

Grim Reaper is expecting a busy business man like Mr Parker to set up a supporters club asking too much when the supporters could do it themselves ?
Reply: 11 - 32
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 29, 2011, 11:03pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Jimmy_Hills_Chin
I also emailed Mike Parker and wrote:

Dear Uncle Jimmy,
Please can you fix it for me to watch a decent game of football at Blundell Park, and I don't mean inviting me into McMenemys to watch a 'Super Sunday'.

I like that. Have a plus rep point. Should have done it ages ago. That Everton v Town DVD you gave me was spot on by the way. Thanks again!

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Guttedgate
September 29, 2011, 11:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I have to written to both Mr Fenty and Mr Parker and nether have botherd to reply to my genuine offer!
Seems that they are happy with the current situation!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Shiver
September 29, 2011, 11:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
I am quite sure Mike Parker will be blown away by your intelligence and scramble to the cause!

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 11:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Guttedgate
I have to written to both Mr Fenty and Mr Parker and nether have botherd to reply to my genuine offer!
Seems that they are happy with the current situation!

To be fair, would you ?
They're gonna be very careful about what they say to anyone at the present time.
Reply: 15 - 32
Brisbane Mariner
September 30, 2011, 1:54am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Not really sure that email has the necessary impact - certainly not enough to bother or vex Mike Parker into doing anything with a supporters club. The problem is that we talk about this and do nothing, the forum is still largely individuals wanting to be heard - maybe the collective Fishy people could get a supporters group together - how about it Rob?

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 32
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 3:42am
Guest User
Quoted from Brisbane Mariner
maybe the collective Fishy people could get a supporters group together - how about it Rob?

I wouldn't hold your breath...  

You need to go to this GTST meeting Brisbane (don't ask me why !) - are you busy at 12.30pm at BP on Saturday ?  
See you there !  

If you either:

- can't make it. (the experts on your personal life KNOW you can, so no excuses !)
- aren't willing to put up with any inconvenience or excess cost of travel.
- don't agree with the process or "who's in charge".
- haven't been persuaded it's worthwhile.
- don't really know why you should be going !

then.....

It's all YOUR FAULT for being a slacker and not showing willing.
PS If you've got ideas to share or debate over the internet that might help then TOUGH !!!
Reply: 17 - 32
grimsby pete
September 30, 2011, 10:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,852
Gold Stars: 223
It is not up to Mike Parker to set up a supporters club,

If anybody wants a club, set one up yourselves,!!!!

See GTST  thread.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
tarka
September 30, 2011, 10:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
they have been plagued by constant back-fighting and power struggles.

Can you elaborate please? Just who was involved? What happened?

Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
thebigeasy
September 30, 2011, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
I wouldn't hold your breath...  
You need to go to this GTST meeting Brisbane (don't ask me why !) - are you busy at 12.30pm at BP on Saturday ?

For goodness sake give it a rest man.
Goodness knows I have had many arguements on here with many people whose views I (sometimes) hold in contempt... but what is your problem.

So you can't get there - even on a day when you will (possibly?) be going to the game. So be it. If you can't get on a matchday then I really don't know how you're going to be of use to the trust, a supporters club or anyone. I'm not criticising you for that, it's a fact of  life - work/family/money etc get in the way of lots of things. And believe me I know all about that!

As for using this board or any other conferencing facility available for the masses (is there one) - it just will not work, end of story. It would be naive in the extreme to think any different.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me to have this meeting at a weekend, a couple of hours before a home game when anyone who is remotely interested will be there if at all possible. For many people it will save them making a special trip. Judging by your "busy" life, any time except Saturdays would be impossible anyway - so if you were for real you would get yourself there a couple of hours before the game even if you missed the start of the meeting.

All I can say is Emma has responded very quickly to a few requests on here and organised something in double quick time - she must be applauded for that.

If you don't like ithe way it has been done why don't you organise something yourself, rathing than bitching from the sidelines. Why don't you set up a supporters club - then you can set the agenda and go from there, rather than sitting on your backside, expecting others to dance to your tune!

It is extremely difficult for me to find time to get involved in anything like this, and I will not be going to the game tomorrow, BUT, if at all possible I am going to the meeting, just to here what people have to say, possible air my views,  and to see if anything positive comes out of it.

And finally (to anyone who is interested) if you still don't know the details and can't be bothered to trawl through these threads that 80's has hijacked just send a PM to tarka or grim_exile and they will send you the details. They responded to me very quickly and I'm sure they will do the same for you.

Oh And Rob - why not post the details on the home page on here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
Will Haddock
September 30, 2011, 12:50pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
WHS

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
Rich Boy
September 30, 2011, 1:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
If the meeting is at the club then you should ask the club to advertise it on the os and perhaps in the telegraph. At least all the fans will know about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
Guttedgate
September 30, 2011, 2:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
As you will see i said write and not email, in business letter of intent are needed when somebody proposes something!
Actually after over 10 days hard work and allot time and effort i was disapointed with been ignored but as i have written i expected little else.
Typical Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
GodHelpUs
September 30, 2011, 2:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Guttedgate
As you will see i said write and not email, in business letter of intent are needed when somebody proposes something!
Actually after over 10 days hard work and allot time and effort i was disapointed with been ignored but as i have written i expected little else.
Typical Town!

1. Grimsby already have a commercial manager
2. If the grammar in your letter was anything like the grammar in that message are you surprised?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
Garth
September 30, 2011, 2:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from GodHelpUs

1. Grimsby already have a commercial manager
2. If the grammar in your letter was anything like the grammar in that message are you surprised?

Kids Eh! they just will not attend school anymore
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 3:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
If you can't get on a matchday then I really don't know how you're going to be of use to the trust

Exactly !
Because it's all about supporters being "of use to the trust" and not the other way round !  

Quoted from thebigeasy
As for using this board or any other conferencing facility available for the masses (is there one) - it just will not work, end of story. It would be naive in the extreme to think any different.

Glad that's all democratically settled then - I won't dare ask why ! (Ooops I can't ask the trust anything on here anyway)

Quoted from thebigeasy
For many people it will save them making a special trip. Judging by your "busy" life, any time except Saturdays would be impossible anyway - so if you were for real you would get yourself there a couple of hours before the game even if you missed the start of the meeting.

Yeah - shame on ME for not turning me life upside down and pay £25 or more for the privilege of doing so when that money could have gone to the club !

Quoted from thebigeasy
If you don't like ithe way it has been done why don't you organise something yourself, rathing than bitching from the sidelines. Why don't you set up a supporters club - then you can set the agenda and go from there, rather than sitting on your backside, expecting others to dance to your tune!

Who knows I might try but if we do then it won't be ME bossing others around.
Some people like being told what to do though so at least they're in safe hands...

Quoted from thebigeasy
It is extremely difficult for me to find time to get involved in anything like this, and I will not be going to the game tomorrow, BUT, if at all possible I am going to the meeting, just to here what people have to say, possible air my views,  and to see if anything positive comes out of it.

So you MIGHT be able to make it to the meeting but not to the game, but you're criticising ME for being able to make it to the game but not the meeting ?!!
Talk about hippocrisy !  

Personally I think you're a cop out full of half hearted BS excuses - why can't you definitely make the game and the meeting ?

If you were REALLY that bothered you could get off your backside and start walking now !!!  
Reply: 26 - 32
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 3:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Will Haddock
WHS

Can the many people who have PM'd me recently in regards to this sodding meeting please stop ?!!
If anyone else does, I will post it on here as I've done below.

"Hi 80's.

Just a thought, would you be prepared to PM someone who is going to the meeting, with a list of your ideas? They could then be discussed, and I'm sure any "minutes" will be published on here soon afterwards, so you could see what people think.

By the way, I can't get there, but Grim Exile or Tarka would be a good bet..."

With all due respect Will no I wouldn't !!!

I've put all some questions to Emma on the messageboard - she's read them and couldn't be bothered to acknowledge or respond to most (if not all) of them.
So why on earth should I make any effort to be ignored again ?
In any case she knows where to find all my questions and ideas as does eveyone else including yourself.

And with all due respect why don't you lot get off your backsides for a change and READ what I've already said several times before instead of expecting me to repeat myself for YOUR benefit when I'm not even being granted any right of being listened to ? (not that GTST have persuaded me to attend anyway !)

Besides which I don't even know what the agenda is, so even if I did, how would I know if it what I've got to say is even relevant ?

Regards,
80's

PS I won't be suing you for any breach of copyright if you cut and paste !
Reply: 27 - 32
Grim_Exile
September 30, 2011, 4:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
[quote=1600]

I've put all some questions to Emma on the messageboard - she's read them and couldn't be bothered to acknowledge or respond to most (if not all) of them.
So why on earth should I make any effort to be ignored again ?
In any case she knows where to find all my questions and ideas as does eveyone else including yourself.
[quote]

80's - I think the comment "can't be bothered to acknowledge or respond" is incredibly harsh given that you have no knowledge of my personal circumstances.  

I've been dealing with a huge amount of correspondence via e-mail and PM this week - and that is in addition to carrying out my day job (which has involved a fair amount of travel this week).  I simply don't have the time to respond to every single question raised via this MB, and have been focussing on what I believe to be important - which is an initial gathering of people who have expressed an interest in helping out.

That's in addition to supporting a close family member through a very difficult time at the moment.

As you've asked - I've requested that the attendees think about whether they believe GTST has a role in the future, and if so what they believe that role to be.  I am hoping that the results of the discussion will then guide a structured future direction.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
80sglory
September 30, 2011, 4:45pm
Guest User
Emma,

I don't expect any special treatment or even expect you to reply to any of the questions.
But you're quite happy to whitewash my reply and say people don't always have time to access computers before answering questions on another lengthy thread minutes later and making sarcastic remarks about "hiding behind psedonyms".

I do understand you are busy and can't always make time but unfortunately it's not always the case for the rest of us.

Good luck with the meeting.

PS I will make one more post in reply on another thread and then unless anyone reponds to me, I will keep my opinions on GTST to myself until I see anything in the public domain.
Reply: 29 - 32
flash1
September 30, 2011, 4:49pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600
Emma,

I don't expect any special treatment or even expect you to reply to any of the questions.
But you're quite happy to whitewash my reply and say people don't always have time to access computers before answering questions on another lengthy thread minutes later and making sarcastic remarks about "hiding behind psedonyms".

I do understand you are busy and can't always make time but unfortunately it's not always the case for the rest of us.

Good luck with the meeting.

PS I will make one more post in reply on another thread and then unless anyone reponds to me, I will keep my opinions on GTST to myself until I see anything in the public domain.

if people didnt, this forum would be a more pleasant place to be at times

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
TownSNAFU5
September 30, 2011, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,927
Gold Stars: 42
I still cannot fathom out why some Tm town fans hold such
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
TownSNAFU5
September 30, 2011, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,927
Gold Stars: 42
Sorry, finger trouble.  I cannot figure out why some Town fans have such animosity to the Trust. Where is the evidence for such views?

I am a Trust member but hold no official role.  Just an ordinary fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My letter to Mike Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.