3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 28, 2011, 12:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
I've not been since Fleetwood at home nor have i been on here or watched the highlights even though i pay for MP... I've stopped going for severals reasons, the 2 main reasons are work commitments and boredom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
RoboCod
September 28, 2011, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
You wouldn't have been bored Saturday v Wrexham. Great game, wrong scoreline, but I'd be happy watching that quality of game week in week out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 3:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from 137
80s - it's all well and good you saying that you don't buy the rubbish about Town "fans" abuse affecting the players, and that it's pathetic etc.

But the co-manager of GTFC has stated on more than one occasion that it IS an issue. Surely he's in a better position than you to know if that is the case or not (?).

Possibly but it's no different to what we've heard before they even arrived.
Whether true or not, it's a cop out.

Quoted from 137
Kenny Arthur said the something similar during a RH commentary - that it helps the players to be more composed on the ball if the fans get behind them rather than give them a pile of slaver.

Of course, but everyone is making mountains out of molehills.
Some teams manage to go into European "cauldrons" e.g. in Turkey and still get the wins they need.
We wouldn't even be getting on the flipping plane !  

Quoted from 137
So explain to me 80s how booing a Town striker searching for confidence in front of goal will help him or the team.

Don't imply that I'm condoning booing.
It won't "help" - that's why I cheer, support, never boo and never will.
But it's not necessarily the issue.
The issue is Scott, Fenty and people like you talk about EVERYONE pulling together but it's only you and the club making all the negative and divisive noises.

So please explain to me:

1) the question I asked before - how can it be the fans fault if we're away from home ?
2) why these comments were made AFTER the game and not BEFORE.
I'll tell you why - because Scott himself made a right meal out of supposedly being under "pressure" on the back of 1 defeat(not that people were even complaining)  
Seems he waited until we grabbed a point knowing if he lost he'd have to say nothing about the fans and defend the result or performance instead.
So really, the fact he's more successful gives him more license to blame others for the so called "failings" - how ironic !

Anyway, where are these comments ?
I'd like to hear or see them.

Quoted from Keelbysaint
Surely this is something that they are taught to cope with, and the majority of players imply that they cant even tell what the crowd are saying/chanting through the game.

Yes a negative atmosphere is not what we want, but having friends who support other teams, I know there are much more abusive places than at town.

Sorry, common sense doesn't come into it.
Reply: 22 - 26
forza ivano
September 28, 2011, 3:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Sad to say first time ever in 40 years of supporting Town that last night I just couldn't be bothered to either go or even watch it on TV  
why rush around at work and on the m'way like a blue aarsed fly, why waste £50 and why have to go to work knackered the next morning? and what was the best outcome? an away win, which in the grand scheme of things will mean nothing, coz i know in my heart that not even a win would signify the start of the sea change that we need.
can't believe that i've reached this stage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
jock dock tower
September 28, 2011, 4:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's interesting to note that fans slag off players if they don't think they've had a good game. Like many other folk over my working life, I know when I've had good days and when I've had bad days at work....and you can have bad days without realising it if you're not totally honest with yourself. At the end of each shift though I didn't have hundreds of folk baying for my blood.
I've been in a position where I think I've been lucky most of my working life, through working in local government or through my Trade Union job, because I've been actively supported by folk to bring out the best in my working practice. If I'd been bayed at, called a girl private, told to intercourse off, I'd probably have tried to keep as low a profile as possible and hope it never happens again, but when your confidence is that low (and it has been at times, believe me) it only gets worse without support. What makes anyone think that footballers are any different? Being encouraged instead of being booed might just mean the extra confidence to go in for the 40/60 crucial tackle and come away with the ball, or the same with a shot / header at goal when it takes real courage to do so.
It's worth thinking about guys. I know it's difficult to be hugely optimistic, because we're all human beings, but surely everyone wants us out of this league? It ain't gonna happen when players are constantly vilified.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Keelbysaint
September 28, 2011, 5:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Super Clive
Keelbysaint how are the fans causing decline on the pitch ? Seriously for intercourse sake that pisses me right off and how have the fans got rid of john f when he resigned because  of parker ? Fans are to blame blah blah stop listening to fenty and open your eyes, if the fans didn't turn up in the numbers we have been doing the club wouldn't even be here, I'm amazed we still have 3 k

Read comment, digest comment, write your own comment which is in context

or

Read one line, miss the point, look like a mammary.

You choose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
ross1cod
September 28, 2011, 5:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from RoboCod
You wouldn't have been bored Saturday v Wrexham. Great game, wrong scoreline, but I'd be happy watching that quality of game week in week out.

totally agree with that, i hadnt been to the park since luton at home last season, (still went to away games), and i must admit i totally enjoyed the game, i went with the intention of watching a game between 2 non-league sides, and took it at face value.. even considering going again this weekend, we are not there yet, but looking at the standard in the right manner may have just reignited my spark for GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rob Scott Post Match Interviews

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.