Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fenty & parker - friends or enemies?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

fenty & parker - friends or enemies?

This thread currently has 916 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 4:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
amongst a host of uncertainties with the present situation i'd be interested to know the answer to a rather basic uncertainty.
are parker and fenty still friendly / cooperative, or have things changed and they have fallen out with each other?
Logged Offline
Private Message
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 5:02pm
Guest User
All we know is Parker left the board.
As to their personal relationship who knows...
Reply: 1 - 9
wigworld
September 20, 2011, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Well, Parker's not answering Fenty's e-mails...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 9
acko338
September 20, 2011, 5:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
It's the voters on the board with minority shareholdings but equal voting power that's the stand off point !

Would you put in £1,000,000, only to be told that someone with a smallholding can vote against me with the same power of veto ???

Don't think so !

Hard times ahead unless what ever power drama exists in the boardroom gets settled quickly !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 20, 2011, 5:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Not really on speaking terms i imagine for some reason.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
malkamalka
September 20, 2011, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
I think that Mr Fenty may be employing the tactics of Reverse Psychology. With his resignation as Chairman, he has effectively made 4 statements.

1. To the supporters who continually called for his resignation as Chairman - OK, done that - Good Luck!
2. To Mike Parker - If you want it, here it is, come and get it.
3. To the Shareholders with the upcoming AGM in mind - Tell me what happens next.
4. To the players, and probably to H & S too - Sorry, although I have backed you, this is not the return I was expecting.

Whilst not exactly a Fenty fan, I do believe that the club would have folded 3 or 4 years ago without his support. His legacy will be that he took GTFC out of the Football League, but he should be remembered as the only individual prepared to negotiate with HMRC regarding the tax debt, and who single handedly, prevented the ignomy (though often the quick fix) of Administration.

I also have a question - how long is the board of a company allowed to operate without a Chairman?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
nelly_gtfc
September 20, 2011, 5:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from acko338
It's the voters on the board with minority shareholdings but equal voting power that's the stand off point !

Would you put in £1,000,000, only to be told that someone with a smallholding can vote against me with the same power of veto ???

Don't think so !

Hard times ahead unless what ever power drama exists in the boardroom gets settled quickly !
I think this is what it all boils down too, those with £500 worth of shares still on the board of directors, hopefully they will step down and Mike Parker will come in and hopefully bring in potential investors?

I live in hope and a fantasy land.  
Reply: 6 - 9
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 5:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from acko338

Don't think so !

I agree but the even if you removed everyone else you'd still have 2 people with similar shareholding who couldn't agree.

Reply: 7 - 9
Marinerz93
September 20, 2011, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
MP was talked onto the board because he was promised certain changes so he joined.  When those promises were broken MP made a bold statement by stepping down.  The current situation is down to both of them but for me the majority of the blame lays with JF.

If really wanted to talk to someone, I'd drive my flipping car round to their house and knock on their flipping door and I would keep going to round until I got them flipping in.  I sent him emails is as weak as kitten urine for an excuse.  This is all smoke and mirrors and the posturing by Fenty makes me sick.  No one can say for certain if the club would have folded or not but one thing is for sure he has had hold of the reigns whilst we have slipped into oblivion.

Furneaux was Chairman for several seasons sitting on Ramsdens shares, this is all bullshit.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
acko338
September 20, 2011, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
If the two minor shareholders kept outvoting Mike Parker, then he will turn to his normal business acumen and say... Dragon's Den style.... I'm out !!

"Come in with your money, Mike... cheers, oh, by the way, few small Board rule changes now you're committed, ...my two Director minions who have scraped an odd few shares together are going to tell you, as a millionaire, what I want you to do, as I can't out buy your shareholding !"

God, is this how big business is run??... no wonder this country is how we are, broke and lost in commercial terms !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fenty & parker - friends or enemies?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.