Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just a few thoughts!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 92 Guests

Just a few thoughts!

This thread currently has 1,759 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Guttedgate
September 20, 2011, 12:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I have been sat mulling over the current goings on at the church of football and i have a few concerns.
Let me get something off my chest beffore i start, the comments that Fenty has bankrolled the club with his personal fortune is right but is his own choice and not the fans and allthough we should be gratefull that shouldnt be a reason why he should be idolised as he is by some sections of the supporters.
I am a life long Town fan having worked at the club from been 13 (selling lottery tickets) and then later in an employed status but more importantly i would give my time for free to turn around the club! I have experience running football clubs and know that John Fentys biggest failings have been not cutting the clubs spending in line with income, We have good crowds compared to many and that along with commercial activity would allow the club to have a healthy budget in its own right.
It is a fact that anybody with business experience knows that as soon as a shareholder gets to 51% then they have a controlling share and therefore the casting vote, that would mean that it is unlikely Fenty would have remained in the charmans post.
In my opinion there are a fair number of people that are employed by the club that could be cut to allow the club to breath financially, it is simple we are no longer a football league club but we staff the club like we are!

Two last points.

Any Director of a football club is aware of the costs and that any money input is unlikely to be re couped!

As chairman Fenty will have known about the investigation and he did little if anything about it and in my opinion this is just another example of miss management. I may also say that i offered to help the club last year and my contacts where ignored once again showing that there is little concern for how the club actually performs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Biccys
September 20, 2011, 12:23pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
So what are your credentials? Why do you presume that your assistance would help? (Not poking you with a stick, I'm genuinely interested in what you consider you have to offer.)

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 16
jock dock tower
September 20, 2011, 12:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Guttedgate
I have been sat mulling over the current goings on at the church of football and i have a few concerns.
Let me get something off my chest beffore i start, the comments that Fenty has bankrolled the club with his personal fortune is right but is his own choice and not the fans and allthough we should be gratefull that shouldnt be a reason why he should be idolised as he is by some sections of the supporters.
I am a life long Town fan having worked at the club from been 13 (selling lottery tickets) and then later in an employed status but more importantly i would give my time for free to turn around the club! I have experience running football clubs and know that John Fentys biggest failings have been not cutting the clubs spending in line with income, We have good crowds compared to many and that along with commercial activity would allow the club to have a healthy budget in its own right.
It is a fact that anybody with business experience knows that as soon as a shareholder gets to 51% then they have a controlling share and therefore the casting vote, that would mean that it is unlikely Fenty would have remained in the charmans post.
In my opinion there are a fair number of people that are employed by the club that could be cut to allow the club to breath financially, it is simple we are no longer a football league club but we staff the club like we are!

Two last points.

Any Director of a football club is aware of the costs and that any money input is unlikely to be re couped!

As chairman Fenty will have known about the investigation and he did little if anything about it and in my opinion this is just another example of miss management. I may also say that i offered to help the club last year and my contacts where ignored once again showing that there is little concern for how the club actually performs.

F*ck me, he's come a long way down already....serving the tea to all and sundry after being the dog's bollux at the club for donkey's!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 12:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Guttedgate

Are you Mike Newell by any chance lol

Two last points.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
September 20, 2011, 12:45pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1
You have experience running football clubs.  The difference being this is a professional club, not a Sunday league side and not Football Manager.

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 12:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
I think anyone who is passionate and puts their money into something that they will not get it back from deserves a level of praise. It was his own choice yes, and no one has said otherwise. That does not mean it is any less of a gesture.

We are now in a position where we need someone else to do this....this might end up better or it might not. But the fact is we are a BSP team that loses money, so we are not the most attractive buy out there really are we.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Guttedgate
September 20, 2011, 1:08pm
Coke Drinker
My experience is both in the league and down to step 5, i have only eever been a non exec director and not a chair!
I advise clubs on commercial development and structure and have spent time working in the Uk and Europe.
I dont think i have all the answers but i am a proud and loyal supporter and feel like most that we all deserve a club we can be proud of and not one that is laughed at week in week out!
I have been on this forum for a long while but under another name and thanks to the toe rag who stole my laptop i had to channge my user name.

When i offered to help the club it was on an foc basis and that will always stand but only under the right conditions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Guttedgate
September 20, 2011, 1:09pm
Coke Drinker
Sorry i forgot to say the spelling and grammer is because i am dyslexic and my filter is in the office and not in here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
marinerian
September 20, 2011, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Are you genuine? I am interested in who you are and what roles you have had with our club and other

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
upthestripes
September 20, 2011, 3:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
What was your old username?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just a few thoughts!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.