sonik
September 20, 2011, 11:08am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

fenty made a personal choice rather than employ the best man at the time(slade) when he gave woods the job.lets face it though hes been edging to get away for yonks he s accepted he cant get the big decisions right but in true tory style twisted it in his official statement

Not true! John had no axe to grind regarding Slade and would of chose him over Neil. It was a board decision of which Mike had a say in.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
rancido
September 20, 2011, 11:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from sonik

Not true! John had no axe to grind regarding Slade and would of chose him over Neil. It was a board decision of which Mike had a say in.  UTM!

Interesting point and puts Slades original departure into perspective. If , as is frequently mentioned on here , Slade left because JF did the dirty on him as regards his contract then why would he apply to come back. If I was done the dirty by some firm over my contract then I would never consider returning there because I would never trust them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
Chris
September 20, 2011, 11:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Exactly, but it's all too easy to ignore that and just blame Fenty anyway.

I'm amazed he's put up with it for as long as he has, he is human and has a family all of wwom appear to be fair game to some people. Can't see that Id want to put myself or my family through that like he has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
DavidB
September 20, 2011, 12:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from sonik

Thanks Sonik - I think this might give an insight into the various goings-on last February (and maybe one of the reasons for the subsequent Board changes)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
tarka
September 20, 2011, 1:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
I think it also gives an insight into MP's ability to get things wrong as much as JF.  We are all human and make errors of misjudgement.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
FishOutOfWater
September 20, 2011, 2:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from sonik

It's unusual for Marinette to get hold of the wrong end of the stick but I was just looking back at some old posts and found this post...

I'm not so sure about the Slade bit.  I remember Sonik being very clear and very forthright, saying no way was JF going to appoint Slade, after what had gone on last time.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1305533704/s-60/

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 32
tarka
September 20, 2011, 2:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It's unusual for Marinette to get hold of the wrong end of the stick but I was just looking back at some old posts and found this post...

I'm not so sure about the Slade bit.  I remember Sonik being very clear and very forthright, saying no way was JF going to appoint Slade, after what had gone on last time.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1305533704/s-60/

Which, as I understand it, was the reason why the rest of the Board didn't want Slade.  JF was prepared to put that to one side in the hope of keeping us in the league.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
thebigeasy
September 20, 2011, 2:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
Which, as I understand it, was the reason why the rest of the Board didn't want Slade.  JF was prepared to put that to one side in the hope of keeping us in the league.

Excuse me, but just because someone didn't want Slade back doesn't make the eventual appointment of Woods the right decision does it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
tarka
September 20, 2011, 2:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy

Excuse me, but just because someone didn't want Slade back doesn't make the eventual appointment of Woods the right decision does it?

And where did I say that?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
thebigeasy
September 20, 2011, 2:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
And where did I say that?

You didn't - it just seemd to me that is where the debate was headed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Couple of questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.