Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › TAKE OVER PANEL INVESTIGATION ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

TAKE OVER PANEL INVESTIGATION ?

This thread currently has 2,033 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
September 19, 2011, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
I am amazed that there is an investigation by an outside panel, and that no one on here has had any prior knowledge of director activities that have led to the current scenario.

Everything else seems to be leaked on here regardless of accuracy, but not having ANY inkling of JF's resignation prior to late today seems very hard to believe!

Will a panic set in, or will Mike Parker do the right thing early doors and make his own statement in regard to the future of the club?

IF....Parker has been making quiet plans behind the scenes with share buying etc, then we have hope...... if he has no set plan, and there has been no formal communication between him and Fenty, then we are doomed by Xmas.

The best we can hope for immediately is for Parker to already have other investors in mind to move forward in a business partnership that will have the ability to take Town further up this league... this year!

A promotion year can only help the price of shares and money coming into the club.

We wait with bated breath at what will unfold over the next few weeks..... we now need the players to make their own contribution to help push any new Directors into putting money to enhance the team, and our promotion prospects!

Are your fingers crossed, or is mortal diarrhoea a reality ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2011, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
I am told that the panel are months away from a decision so i imagine it to be another Fenty excuse and not the real reason behind him leaving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
acko338
September 19, 2011, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Presumably the mails contact would have been with the takeover panel questions in mind and Parker's silence is telling Fenty - "You're out whether you like it or not and this is my way of doing it legally without your permission needed!"

Or am I just being my usual cynical self ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
the Grimbarian
September 19, 2011, 7:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
I just think its just part of whats going on between Fenty and Parker because Fentys known since the summer that if/when Parker converts his loans into shares Parker WOULD be the majority shareholder so what ever firm has this problem they come in and investigate the logistics of whats going on

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It seems like fenty has seen his bottom because he is no longer majority shareholder, he's fed up of the excrement he gets, although much is probably deserved if we are honest. He ha finally realised he's blowing a fortune he amassed to have a nice life on a shitty little football team which everyone knows is bad business...

It also seems like a legal yet complicates way of mike parker ousting him...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
kingofthekippers
September 19, 2011, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
If rule 9 has been triggered Mike Parker will be obliged to make a bid for the rest of the shares in the club, at the same price he paid JF. I do hope it is triggered then I may get my money back for the pretty certificate on the wall.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Kris Mustampa
September 19, 2011, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from kingofthekippers
If rule 9 has been triggered Mike Parker will be obliged to make a bid for the rest of the shares in the club, at the same price he paid JF. I do hope it is triggered then I may get my money back for the pretty certificate on the wall.

I didn't think Parker bought any shares from Fenty. I understood that he had bought previously un-issued shares?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Swansea_Mariner
September 19, 2011, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
That's right Mustampa they were unissued shares, he didn't buy them directly off Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
kingofthekippers
September 19, 2011, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from Kris Mustampa

I didn't think Parker bought any shares from Fenty. I understood that he had bought previously un-issued shares?

He has to pay shareholders the average of what he paid for his existing holdings (assuming they were bought in tranches).

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 9:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from kingofthekippers
If rule 9 has been triggered Mike Parker will be obliged to make a bid for the rest of the shares in the club, at the same price he paid JF.

So what happens if he doesn't or doesn't want to ?
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › TAKE OVER PANEL INVESTIGATION ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.