Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is Mulready out on loan?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 114 Guests

Why is Mulready out on loan?

This thread currently has 1,523 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Dave P
September 19, 2011, 10:44am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Took my 7 yesr old daughter to watch North Ferriby play Worksop Town.....she has a bit of a crush on Sam Mulready. Anyway to the point, are S&H sure they have the right striker out on loan. What i saw was a striker that was inventive, aggressive, technical and dominant. He worked hard for the team, passed the ball well, set up the only goal, had one cleared off the line, hit the crossbar from a free kick. And i had to laugh when he slide tackled Mark Hudson, a cruching challange that left Hudson limping for the rest of the game. I now there is some debate as to wether Mulready is quite ready physically, but let me tell you he played as a loan striker and he bossed the two 6 foot + centre backs. They new they had a game. I'm not suggesting he should start for town just yet, but i do suggest that S&H put him on the bench to start bringing him on the last 20. If his performance on saturday is anything to go by, he could be the solution to the striker problem we have. It was great to see Justin Whittle run on the pitch at the final whistle to celebrate his well deserved win. UTM and N Ferriby    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Keelbysaint
September 19, 2011, 11:00am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
bit of a step up from that level though isnt it. Ask Hearn about the transition from a higher level than that.

Hopefully he can continue to develop and push for a starting slot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
the Grimbarian
September 19, 2011, 11:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Well look who in front of him in the squad

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Dave P
September 19, 2011, 11:15am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Well look who in front of him in the squad

Exactly my point look at the strikers that are suppose to be in front of him. We've been looking at them for weeks....apart from Duffy i cant see goals coming from them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Dave P
September 19, 2011, 11:17am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Keelbysaint
bit of a step up from that level though isnt it. Ask Hearn about the transition from a higher level than that.

Hopefully he can continue to develop and push for a starting slot

This is the level that saw Chasetown beat us and N. Ferriby themselves just lost to us during pre-season, and in the first half of that game were arguably the best team. The differnece isn't as big as you might think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Jarmo.Is.God
September 19, 2011, 11:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Good Report.

however it is good for him to be there playing week in week out rather than sat on our bench.

i also believe he still trains with town ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Keelbysaint
September 19, 2011, 11:37am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Dave P

This is the level that saw Chasetown beat us and N. Ferriby themselves just lost to us during pre-season, and in the first half of that game were arguably the best team. The differnece isn't as big as you might think.

You cant really take note of friendlies. they count for nothing. And yes, there is a difference between playing for a profesional team and someone like North Ferriby. That doesnt mean that he would not make it for us. But it definately is a big step up playing every week. Thats like saying if Man U lose to a league 2 team in the cup and struggle in a pre season friendly that there is not that bigger gap between the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
bax
September 19, 2011, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I think S&H have done the right thing with Mulready - with no reserve team he needs to play football and even if it is a step or two down from Conference level, it's far better for him to play for Ferriby and get sharp than it is to play in meaningless friendlies. Hopefully he will score a few, get sharp and push for a place on his return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Mariner_501
September 19, 2011, 12:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Why is he out on loan? Because we wasted the Connell money on FCUKING ELDING. Still, it's good that Mulready is out playing games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
upthestripes
September 19, 2011, 1:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Has he been playing in every game for them? Also, anyone know how many he's scored, I can only recall the one being mentioned.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is Mulready out on loan?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.