1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
September 10, 2011, 7:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Have just finally got involved in Spotify albeit with the freebie version. Have seen some of you extolling its virtues and just wondered if you had any recommendations of how to get the most out of it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Limerick Mariner
September 10, 2011, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
I must be a Spotify veteran - been on for about 3 yrs - the free version is now alot poorer that it used to be, because access to the the range of music is limited in the free version. I pay 4.99 a month wich gives you access to almost any music you want save stuff that is very restricted digitally like the Beatles.

Great resource though - it's great seeing a band mentioned in some blog and typing in their name to listen to them within seconds...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 7:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Great resource though - it's great seeing a band mentioned in some blog and typing in their name to listen to them within seconds...

Like youtube you mean?
Interesting about the Beatles, I did wonder why they only had covers and no original material on there.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
JazzMariner
September 10, 2011, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Aren't the over-rated Scouse beat combo only availably electronically on iTunes? and that has only been allowed in the last year or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
jock dock tower
September 10, 2011, 9:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
My lad got me loads of Beatles records on Spotify. Don't understand how he did it, but I've got every track I wanted from their back catalogue. Also made my Spotify able to play tracks more than 5 times...and I'm on free account!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
ginnywings
September 11, 2011, 8:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Being someone who is into stereos in a big way,i pay for Spotify premium,which has a higher bitrate,therefore better sound quality,which is important to me.It's the best £10 per month i have ever spent IMO.

The first thing i do when i get in from work is put Spotify on.I also have something called a Squeezebox which is an interface which does away with the need for a CD player.I have Spotify playing through it also and the sound quality is superb through my stereo.

I listen to various rock channels on my dab radio at work and if i hear a track i like,i make a mental note of it,then go and search for it on Spotify when i get home.I then add it to one of my playlists.I have hundreds of CD's stored in my Squeezebox,but very rarely play them nowadays as most of my listening is through Spotify,though i must say that i haven't really explored all it's potential yet.I know that my G/F's daughter accesses it from Lincoln but not sure how.

Also have Napster,which is £5 per month but i can't remember the last time i listened to it,although it does purportedly have even more tracks than Spotify.The only reason i keep it is because of the 5 free downloads a month,albeit only in compressed mp3 standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
ginnywings
September 11, 2011, 8:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from JazzMariner
Aren't the over-rated Scouse beat combo only availably electronically on iTunes? and that has only been allowed in the last year or so.

Yeah,the Beatles are still massive sellers,which is why you very rarely find their music for free or why you don't find their music in any bargain section in the shops.Good job they are over-rated.

There are a few other bands not available on Spotify or Napster as they have blocked their music from free access.Obviously haven't got enough cash in their accounts yet.

AC/DC and Metallica are 2 off the top of my head that are not available but there are others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 1:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Didn't Metallica actually write a song about how drunk off they were with the Spotify/Napster type sites?
Just before the internet the price of CDs was becoming extortionate.I used to collect tapes and CD's regularly - think I was in Andy's Records or Wooly's almost every weekend, but stopped buying them in the end because they were just getting too dear.
Metallica and AC/DC et al are probably beeling becasue they were starting to receive much more money than they were worth before tinternet came along.
Not happy being super rich, they wanna be super duper rich, wah waah.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
JazzMariner
September 14, 2011, 4:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah,the Beatles are still massive sellers,which is why you very rarely find their music for free or why you don't find their music in any bargain section in the shops.Good job they are over-rated.

I suppose "over-rated" was a bit over the top   but I can't stand them!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
dangtfc1
September 15, 2011, 3:22pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
I'm a Spotify veteran too - had an account for 2.5/3 years I think? It's great for looking up an old song you haven't heard for a while, or listening to a new band when you don't want to download all their album. Theoretically, it's also a good tool to use for downloading invidual tracks for free, but I wouldn't condone that....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spotify

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.