rancido
August 26, 2011, 12:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,664
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from carrot top

I agree. Why do some people always believe the press eh? Maybe it is because they want to, feckin moaners.
A manager would never say 'give your backing or don't show up'.
The GET probably cost Town some attendees the other night.

Unfortunately too many people read the headline and assume that the article contains that statement.This is not peculiar to the GET ,ALL newspapers have stand out headlines but when you read the article you find that the headline doesn't completely back-up the content - journalistic licence springs to mind !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 2:06pm
Guest User
Ironically you're the one jumping to the wrong conclusions rancido - stop assuming, being a hippocrite and try reading the thread to understand what's being said.
Reply: 31 - 39
rancido
August 26, 2011, 4:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,664
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from 1600
Ironically you're the one jumping to the wrong conclusions rancido - stop assuming, being a hippocrite and try reading the thread to understand what's being said.

What the f**k are you on about ? I was merely pointing out that newspaper headlines can be misleading and don't necessarily reflect the true context of the article. I certainly haven't jumped to any conclusions , made any assumptions or been hippocritical .  I have followed the thread and fully understand what has been said. In fact you seem to be the one jumping to any conclusions.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
barralad
August 26, 2011, 5:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600
With all due respect Scott was the one being dramatic - how many other clubs would have done this ?
Did you hear him on RH ?
Something like if people prefer to go shopping with the missus then it's up to them...
Fair enough then - I won't on this occassion, I went to Cambridge because I'd already booked my ticket.

It's got nothing to do with the football, we've done well the last 2 games and have said so.

But I think the club needs to realise they can't get away with pre-emptively pointing the finger in advance whenever the going gets tough.

So you are taking your bat and ball home because you are being criticised for criticising?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 6:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido
What the f**k are you on about ? I was merely pointing out that newspaper headlines can be misleading and don't necessarily reflect the true context of the article.

Agreed at the time until I heard what he said on RH - maybe you missed it ?

Quoted from barralad
So you are taking your bat and ball home because you are being criticised for criticising?

Not at all - criticize away, I'm happy to hear all views.
In any case, it's not the motivation for taking bat and ball home - my reasoning is all there...

Picking up the GET tonight I see the managers say the fans helped get the result - how patronising.
Pat yourselves on the back everyone but keep your concentration levels up for 90 minutes or we might lose.    
Reply: 34 - 39
AdamHaddock
August 26, 2011, 6:30pm

Main Stander
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
What do you want them to say?

"We won despite the miserable, retarded Sesame street characters in the stands?"

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
RoboCod
August 26, 2011, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
They really can't win can they ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 7:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from AdamHaddock
What do you want them to say?

"We won despite the miserable, retarded Sesame street characters in the stands?"

Certainly not, that's as negative and blameful as saying

"What we don’t want is for fans to turn up tonight ready to get on the players’ backs straight away."

I've already said what I think they should have said before:
"Come out and get right behind the team from the off"

In fairness, they've now been positive by saying:
“Hopefully, they will come and do the same tomorrow and we can make it two home wins."

So have the GET whose headline reads "Help spur us on to another win" which is also good to see.

Just shows they find it a lot easier to be positive and praise the fans when they're winning rather than when they're losing and under pressure.
I just hope they take it on board but even more so that there's no need for any negative comments in the future.
Reply: 37 - 39
Kris Mustampa
August 26, 2011, 7:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from 1600

Pot, kettle, Black?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 7:43pm
Guest User
Can you elaborate ?
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › nuzzle and scratch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.