Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back. (Matty's Funeral)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 127 Guests

Just back. (Matty's Funeral)

This thread currently has 5,193 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Pontoon Steve
August 25, 2011, 11:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
hello to everyone here on the fishy . my name is dorothy and i am the very proud mum of matty 24 dawson . ive hijacked my husbands laptop so that i can say e very personal thankyou to all of you who have written kind words with reguard to matty before and after his funeral yesterday .thankyou for taking the time and expense to come and celebrate mattys life with us at st james church yesterday here in louth .matty would have been so overwhelmed by the amount of football shirts that graced the pews in st james ,and i know it would have given him a huge kick and a thrill to hve seen the players there too . on tuesday night ,along with friends we came through to blundell park to watch the match .i predicted a 2 1 win for the mariners and true to form they pulled it off ! but the best part of the evening for me was when i heard all the fans in the top right hand corner of the pontoon stand singin theres only 1 matty dawson !!!!!!! how right you are and im only sorry that some of you wont have known him at all .he battled cancer for three and a half years ,and went through hell but at the end of the day coming to blundell park and going on the battle bus to away games was one of the only things that made it all worth while . so thanx again for all you have written .....xxx  avery proud mariner mum !

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
sutton mariner
August 25, 2011, 11:51pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Pontoon Steve
hello to everyone here on the fishy . my name is dorothy and i am the very proud mum of matty 24 dawson . ive hijacked my husbands laptop so that i can say e very personal thankyou to all of you who have written kind words with reguard to matty before and after his funeral yesterday .thankyou for taking the time and expense to come and celebrate mattys life with us at st james church yesterday here in louth .matty would have been so overwhelmed by the amount of football shirts that graced the pews in st james ,and i know it would have given him a huge kick and a thrill to hve seen the players there too . on tuesday night ,along with friends we came through to blundell park to watch the match .i predicted a 2 1 win for the mariners and true to form they pulled it off ! but the best part of the evening for me was when i heard all the fans in the top right hand corner of the pontoon stand singin theres only 1 matty dawson !!!!!!! how right you are and im only sorry that some of you wont have known him at all .he battled cancer for three and a half years ,and went through hell but at the end of the day coming to blundell park and going on the battle bus to away games was one of the only things that made it all worth while . so thanx again for all you have written .....xxx  avery proud mariner mum !

So you should be Dorothy and Steve, Matty told me a number of times on facebook about the amazing times he had had at Wembley, Disneyland, Old Trafford and the likes, you really made his final months as good as they possibly could have been for the lad. You should also be very proud of the way you've raised such a nice lad, he was a pleasure to talk to, and will never be forgotten. Top credit to you as parents to such a top lad. He is in a pain free place where he will be enjoying watching the Mariners from the best seat in the house!

UTM
Matty Dawson - Town's 24.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
upthestripes
August 25, 2011, 11:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7

God bless you and your family and my sincerest condolences for your tragic loss.
You have every right to be the proudest parents in the world, Matty was truly amazing and the fans on Tuesday rightly reflected that.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Wrawby_Mariner
August 26, 2011, 12:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6

It was an absolute pleasure to be one of Matt's friends, in addition to the message I left on the card at the church I'd just like to say what an impact Matt had on us all here, total legend.

Wrawbz
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 43 - 50
Marinerz93
August 26, 2011, 12:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Dorothy and Steve, I hope that Matt's legacy on this forum will continue to inspire those going through tough times.  His courage and bravery was inspirational and from his plaudits you can see that many took Matt into their hearts.  I had some good banter with Matt and some of the banter he gave back was beyond his years.  Matt was a credit to you both, a lovely lad who deserved so much more out of life than the cards he got dealt.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
GYinScuntland
August 26, 2011, 1:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
I never met the lad but have followed the various threads. When my time comes I really hope I can face it with the same bravery and dignity. But I doubt it. If a quarter of the people I know can look on me in the same light.... Fishy Members, you have done your good selves and Matty proud.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Grim up north
August 26, 2011, 2:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
Didnt know Matt Myself but from what Ive heard he had the heart of a lion- good to see so many fans and players behind him ...UTM 24.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Brisbane Mariner
August 26, 2011, 2:19am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Sad day indeed. May be we can have a memorial award that The Fishy awards to the player ( in our view) of the season, the one who has fought and given his all for GTFC just as Matty did. Sorry if this is not a new idea but just occurred to me.......

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 50
Les Brechin
August 26, 2011, 8:23am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174

It was a pleasure to be there Dot. I only got to know Matty for the last year or so and he was always such a positive and friendly lad than me made anyone else's problems pale into insignificance. You are right to be proud of him as he was one in a million and I hope that his legacy will live on for a very long time.

I wish you, Steve and the rest of your family all the best for the future Dot.

xxx

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
UTMariners
August 26, 2011, 12:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
I didnt know Matty, but have a lump in my throat reading these tributes to who was by all accounts a great lad and a true mariner.

Up the Mariners Always- lets hope we can push onwards and updwards for Matty.

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back. (Matty's Funeral)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.