Approval: +3,475
Yes Braintree are part-time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
80sglory
August 16, 2011, 5:55pm
Guest User
oldun I don't think we should go "all out attack"(that suggests kamikaze tactics) just attack from the off.

IMO you're more likely to concede if you sit back - as the saying goes "attack is the best form of defence".

I was very pleased to read Hurst say it's a game "we need to win" in the GET.  
Not that I actually agree - a point wouldn't be any disater but his words at least point to the right attitude and think there was also talk about the players being "up for it" (as Braintree will be)

But as always, actions speak louder than words so we'll see what transpires tonight - hopefully a win.
Reply: 11 - 18
sinkers13
August 16, 2011, 6:14pm

utm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
To get out of this division we need to be taking 3 points out of the games against the 'lesser' sides in this division. Last year we dropped too many points against the likes of Hayes & Yeading and Bath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
siy2k5
August 16, 2011, 6:42pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from 1600
oldun I don't think we should go "all out attack"(that suggests kamikaze tactics) just attack from the off.

IMO you're more likely to concede if you sit back - as the saying goes "attack is the best form of defence".

I was very pleased to read Hurst say it's a game "we need to win" in the GET.  
Not that I actually agree - a point wouldn't be any disater but his words at least point to the right attitude and think there was also talk about the players being "up for it" (as Braintree will be)

But as always, actions speak louder than words so we'll see what transpires tonight - hopefully a win.

Whilst I agree to an extent that a point wouldn't be a disaster, these are the types of games we really should be winning if we are serious about promotion. Having already lost at home, and a tricky trip to Newport coming up, 3points to tonight would be very welcome.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
80sglory
August 16, 2011, 7:14pm
Guest User
Yes indeed, in my view 3 points out of the 2 away games would be a decent return.
Reply: 14 - 18
siy2k5
August 16, 2011, 7:24pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Yes indeed, in my view 3 points out of the 2 away games would be a decent return.

I'd like 6, but I'd take 4

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
bladerunnner
August 16, 2011, 9:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
how about staying on the coach? seriously though its threads like this that put the bad vibes and karma on the team?

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
siy2k5
August 16, 2011, 9:29pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from bladerunnner
how about staying on the coach? seriously though its threads like this that put the bad vibes and karma on the team?

No

Quoted from marinerian

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
kingofthekippers
August 16, 2011, 9:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Strategy for a win tonight? At this point in time we arm the Town players with semi-automatic weapons and tell them to shoot the opposition.

In reality they'd miss the opposition, shoot themselves all in the foot, let in a further ten goals and be out for the rest of the season.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strategy for a win tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.