Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Which stand will make more noise?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 118 Guests

Which stand will make more noise?

This thread currently has 5,083 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
August 13, 2011, 1:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
You can hear the chant just find anywhere in the ponny it's when you're in other stands it sounds quiet. Amazes me that some people actually threaten the drummer why come to a football match if you want a quiet afternoon? Surely sitting the garden with a nice book would be better than a football match if that's your thing. Some people seem so against singing personally i think singing and having a laugh is the fun of coming to a football match i don't go to sit down quietly and not disturb the person behind me who is upset because the drum is too loud for them.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Lew19
August 13, 2011, 6:21pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -2
im not being funny but i think bp is so boring at matches we can have 20 mins of no chanting or anything because some people have half hearted chants or can't even be botherd we only sing for the first 5 mins of each half and i dont think i ever hear the main stand and i didnt realli see or hear the findus today :/ we should be making noise all match at times it sounds like a graveyard and i wouldnt even bother trying to make up your own chant because you will get nowere with it even if someone people think it would be good the top left dont wanna know about it unless 1 of them lot has made it up snore!!! :/

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
hook line and sinker
August 13, 2011, 6:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
them half hearted chants sounded very cringeworthy on radio humberside today,as was said in a previous post the pontoon isnt what it used to be, probably since division 1 days now just seems to be full of teenagers, is the idiot with the drum still at matches?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
GG
August 13, 2011, 6:51pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
I was sat in the Upper, only thing I could hear from the Pontoon was the drum. It drowned out all their singing (if there were any). Upper was a lot louder today than most of last season.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 71
Lew19
August 13, 2011, 7:05pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Quoted from GG
I was sat in the Upper, only thing I could hear from the Pontoon was the drum. It drowned out all their singing (if there were any). Upper was a lot louder today than most of last season.

the things is with the drum the people in the pontoon only start singing when the drum starts going and as soon as he stops drumming everyone dies off snore!!! :/

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:09pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Over-reliance on the drum? Ban it then I say and maybe we'll get some more singing instead of them waiting for the drummer to start banging.

Logged Offline
Reply: 65 - 71
Lew19
August 13, 2011, 7:30pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Quoted from GG
Over-reliance on the drum? Ban it then I say and maybe we'll get some more singing instead of them waiting for the drummer to start banging.

Tbh the drum is the clubs we bought it off a crewe fan 2 seasons ago and if youve noticed at night games the drum is band and the pontoon is alot quieter so it wouldnt make a difference :/

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:32pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Maybe more Pontoon fans should read the Fishy and get some new song ideas then.

Logged Offline
Reply: 67 - 71
Lew19
August 13, 2011, 7:50pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Quoted from GG
Maybe more Pontoon fans should read the Fishy and get some new song ideas then.

ive tried fella ive mad a serge song up i showed a few in top left of pontoon today but they have a serge song tbh the song ive made up is better then the viva ronaldo excrement copy but hey were only aload 1 song per player apparently sad if you ask me!

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
immariner
August 14, 2011, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Maybe people should not sit where the sound filters out the side, maybe people should stop sitting with the same people, holding the monopoly on the atmosphere, because others in the Pontoon don't want to join in with you, because either they don't know a lot of the songs or by the time it gets to them the song has died. I don't think any of those that sit in the top left realise how daft it looks to have a large concentration of people on the far side with a spread of people in the rest of the stand. If you sat in the middle the sound wouldn't leak out and you'd have more chance of people joining in with your songs, like they used to. Use your bloody heads, you are never going to create atmosphere where you are, with the crowds we get; the logistics are against you! Why does no one see this?

I'm sure to those that sit in the top left the atmosphere seems ace, but if no one else can hear you, what's the point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Which stand will make more noise?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.