5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
June 6, 2024, 7:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +598
Gold Stars: 31
The new training ground acquisition is obviously obviously proving not to be a simple task.
I queried the the ownership of our current facility some time ago & it came about that the land was rented/ leased from a lady living in the south?
Does anyone know how secure this arrangement is - housing development is now paramount for whichever government is coming in next.
Just asking?

Logged Offline
Private Message
coddy60
June 7, 2024, 7:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 15
Lots of work is going in to the new training facility, have a bit of patience 🤷‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
1mickylyons
June 7, 2024, 7:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,467
Gold Stars: 57
The new training ground is happening I'm not sure why no announcement but its under way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
jimgtfc
June 7, 2024, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,249
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The new training ground is happening I'm not sure why no announcement but its under way.

Is it? Tell us what you know.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Heswall Mariner
June 7, 2024, 11:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from coddy60
Lots of work is going in to the new training facility, have a bit of patience 🤷‍♂️

I totally get that - but my question was simply does anyone know how long the Cheapside agreement is for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
DB
June 7, 2024, 4:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.11
Rep Score: +14 / -13
Approval: +4,133
Gold Stars: 397
In a 3 year time scale, both Spurs and Arsenal had new stadiums built. We can't buy a plot of land, but I am patient and just hope to see/hear something about it before the Grim Reaper catches me. Some may say not a moment too soon!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
ska face
June 7, 2024, 4:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +22,680
Gold Stars: 880
Yeah you definitely sound patient, wittering on about the training ground every few weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
DB
June 7, 2024, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.11
Rep Score: +14 / -13
Approval: +4,133
Gold Stars: 397
Quoted from ska face
Yeah you definitely sound patient, wittering on about the training ground every few weeks months/years.

Amended for you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 7, 2024, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.73
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,354
Gold Stars: 211
Quoted from DB
In a 3 year time scale, both Spurs and Arsenal had new stadiums built. We can't buy a plot of land, but I am patient and just hope to see/hear something about it before the Grim Reaper catches me. Some may say not a moment too soon!

I think that that’s a bit of an unfair comparison as they are pretty much guaranteed getting premier league mercenary money every season as well as the multi millions of not dodgy euros year in year out. Except Tottenham of course !!

There will also be plenty of people willing to invest in them and the area knowing full well that the ROI would be a higher percentage than what you get lower down the pyramid especially in a not so glamorous northern town that’s been left to rot by each and every government administration for the past 50 years.

Just because nothing has been mentioned, it doesn’t mean that things are further down the line than we know. Or, get this, there could actually be nothing to let people know.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
Heswall Mariner
June 7, 2024, 7:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

I totally get that - but my question was simply does anyone know how long the Cheapside agreement is for?

I'll try again guys - does any one out there know what is the situation at Cheapside - is it for example a Leasehold agreement or maybe a shorter rental renewable scenario?
As it's somewhat quiet on here on specifics I thought I would ask purely out of curiosity.
I have absolute faith in Andrew's & Jason's endeavours to  establish a suitable facility within the Cleethorpes/Grimsby area & I am not questioning that.
UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Cheapside

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.