Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Statement - Pettit named new Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Club Statement - Pettit named new Chairman

This thread currently has 5,875 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
May 14, 2024, 6:08pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Grimsby Town Football Club | Posted: May 14, 2024
Andrew Pettit has become the new Chair of Grimsby Town Football Club.

Jason Stockwood had held the position since 1878 Partners Ltd assumed control of the club in 2021 and May 2024 marked the end of an agreed three-year tenure.

On becoming the new Chair, Andrew Pettit said, “I am honoured to have the opportunity to take over as Chair of Grimsby Town from Jason. It will be very hard to follow such an exceptional leader.

“I would like to thank him on behalf of the board for all his energy, hard work and wisdom as we started this journey together. Also, as Jason and I will be continuing to work closely together as we have over the last 3 years, it will be very much a case of evolution rather than revolution. For my part, I will do my best to guide and improve the tremendous team we are assembling at the club on both the playing and non-playing side.

“We will look to build on the progress that has been made and the lessons that we have learned since 1878 became the majority shareholder of our club in 2021.”

Jason Stockwood added, “Andrew and I have a great partnership where we truly do everything together and share the workload in the club. We agreed at the start of this journey to serve three-year terms as Chair, and that time has come to an end this month.

“It has been one of the greatest privileges of my life and a brilliant learning experience. I believe we now have all the building blocks and people in place to advance further both on and off the pitch.

“I look forward to continuing our work together, and I will be as engaged as ever in trying to improve the club. I know he will do a brilliant job for all of us, albeit with slightly less swearing and smarter clothes. Thank you for all your support and see you at BP soon.”

Jason will become Vice-Chair and continue to work closely with Andrew and the rest of the board.
Source: https://gtfc.co.uk/pettit-named-new-chair/

Tweet 1790426855977226352 will appear here...

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
May 14, 2024, 6:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +77 / -12
Approval: +31,026
Gold Stars: 1,596
The below has been stated by Stockwood previously, hasn’t it? I think this was pretty much pre-determined from the beginning (although JS has made no secret how tough he’s found some of the more vitriolic comments on social media).

Quoted Text
We agreed at the start of this journey to serve three-year terms as Chair, and that time has come to an end this month.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Poojah
May 14, 2024, 6:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +77 / -12
Approval: +31,026
Gold Stars: 1,596
Interview here.

Tweet 1790432884542586939 will appear here...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
MuddyWaters
May 14, 2024, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,505
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Poojah
Interview here.

Tweet 1790432884542586939 will appear here...

Good interview, indicating that signings are already in place.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
arryarryarry
May 14, 2024, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,951
Gold Stars: 119
I'm sure this has been forecast some time ago possibly at one of the earlier forums.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
May 14, 2024, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -11
Approval: +10,934
Gold Stars: 242
Well they both sound as enthusiastic as ever and everything sounds positive - I think news on inward investment is obviously important as all good things in football today requires a massive amount of £££'s especially things like a new training complex. They intimated that the inward investment will be used for infrastructure.

I'm sure all of us hope this enthusiasm, positivity and business accumen translates to on field success but I get a feeling that with the new CEO and Artell, together with things moving on the investment side they feel they now have got all their ducks in a row so to speak to really push on.

They said player negotiations are going well so we can look forward to that soon.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
Mappers
May 14, 2024, 8:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,854
Gold Stars: 129
Well they both sound as enthusiastic as ever and everything sounds positive - I think news on inward investment is obviously important as all good things in football today requires a massive amount of £££'s especially things like a new training complex. They intimated that the inward investment will be used for infrastructure.

I'm sure all of us hope this enthusiasm, positivity and business accumen translates to on field success but I get a feeling that with the new CEO and Artell, together with things moving on the investment side they feel they now have got all their ducks in a row so to speak to really push on.

They said player negotiations are going well so we can look forward to that soon.

My takeaway was the segment on the investment - paraphrased that it won't be spunked on the playing budget . Guessing it will go into BP, training ground and infrastructure?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
HertsGTFC
May 14, 2024, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +23,524
Gold Stars: 260
Good guys, regardless of who’s in the hot seat.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
Swansea_Mariner
May 14, 2024, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,523
Gold Stars: 63
Good to hear that the new money will go on the infrastructure side,  hopefully the training facilities project is one of the developments that can now proceed with more pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
ska face
May 14, 2024, 9:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +22,680
Gold Stars: 880
Don’t think anyone mentioned infrastructure. Pettit said new capital would be used to build on the sustainable model - so that could mean anything.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Statement - Pettit named new Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.