Mappers
April 26, 2024, 11:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,423
Gold Stars: 119
Well done the club

Tweet 1783798182646026359 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
April 26, 2024, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,675
Gold Stars: 1,508
I think when you look at the broader economic climate, this is an incredible move by the club and likely something the owners will have to personally underwrite.

**waits for Golly to rip everything to shreds**

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
Bigwinn1975
April 26, 2024, 11:20am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +81
Was just about to ask if anyone had heard anything. That’s decent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
Chrisblor
April 26, 2024, 11:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 239
Not only is it great they've frozen prices, it's also miraculous to see us getting the details out before the end of the current season and having the physical passes available to collect immediately. A huge improvement over the Fenty era and well done to everyone involved at the club.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
Poojah
April 26, 2024, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Not only is it great they've frozen prices, it's also miraculous to see us getting the details out before the end of the current season and having the physical passes available to collect immediately. A huge improvement over the Fenty era and well done to everyone involved at the club.

I might be mistaken but the end of May seems a lot earlier than usual for the cut-off of the “early bird” prices” (we didn’t even know what division we’d be in at the beginning of June two years ago”. I imagine there’s an element of wanting to get an early idea of what the demand is going to look like, given the turbulent season we’ve just had.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 26, 2024, 11:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,040
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Poojah
I think when you look at the broader economic climate, this is an incredible move by the club and likely something the owners will have to personally underwrite.

**waits for Golly to rip everything to shreds**

I complained last year that the blanket £20 was grossly unfair as an adult ST went up by just 5.9% whilst junior ST went up by an inflation busting 40%.

Price rises should be evenly distributed. Not targeted unfairly and often at those with limited means.

An example…

A man/woman who go on their own would have had a 5.9% increase last summer against the 2022/23 season.

A single mum/dad taking 2 kids would saw their 3 season tickets go up from £440 (£340+£50+£50) to £500 (£360+£70+£70). An increase of 13.6%.

How was that fair? It wasn’t. Increases should always be evenly distributed in percentage terms. A blanket 10% increase last summer would have been fairer.

2024/25…

It’s good that the club have frozen prices, but it does raise the question why ST haven’t been on sale for a couple of months. It would have given the club/owners an earlier and more accurate forecast of likely final sales and how that effects budgets and more importantly how much in losses will need to be bridged.

It just seems bizarre that a business would wait 11 days from their last contact with an existing customer before trying to get them to continue their custom for another year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 26, 2024, 11:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I might be mistaken but the end of May seems a lot earlier than usual for the cut-off of the “early bird” prices” (we didn’t even know what division we’d be in at the beginning of June two years ago”. I imagine there’s an element of wanting to get an early idea of what the demand is going to look like, given the turbulent season we’ve just had.

The early bird window closes too early? That’s the typical negative, nitpicking response I come to expect from moaners like you.

Be more positive. Use me as your inspiration.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 66
Poojah
April 26, 2024, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The early bird window closes too early? That’s the typical negative, nitpicking response I come to expect from moaners like you.

Be more positive. Use me as your inspiration.

That gave me a genuine lol there, my friend. Well played! 😂

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
GollyGTFC
April 26, 2024, 11:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

That gave me a genuine lol there, my friend. Well played! 😂

I toyed with idea of putting a smiley at the end of my message, but I trusted you’d take it as it was intended. 🤝
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 66
LocalLadGTFC
April 26, 2024, 11:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I complained last year that the blanket £20 was grossly unfair as an adult ST went up by just 5.9% whilst junior ST went up by an inflation busting 40%.

Price rises should be evenly distributed. Not targeted unfairly and often at those with limited means.

An example…

A man/woman who go on their own would have had a 5.9% increase last summer against the 2022/23 season.

A single mum/dad taking 2 kids would saw their 3 season tickets go up from £440 (£340+£50+£50) to £500 (£360+£70+£70). An increase of 13.6%.

How was that fair? It wasn’t. Increases should always be evenly distributed in percentage terms. A blanket 10% increase last summer would have been fairer.

2024/25…

It’s good that the club have frozen prices, but it does raise the question why ST haven’t been on sale for a couple of months. It would have given the club/owners an earlier and more accurate forecast of likely final sales and how that effects budgets and more importantly how much in losses will need to be bridged.

It just seems bizarre that a business would wait 11 days from their last contact with an existing customer before trying to get them to continue their custom for another year.

No way they could release information about season tickets whilst we had no idea what division we'd be in.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season ticket prices frozen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.