The Yard Dog
April 25, 2024, 6:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Calling all mariners fans attending the Crawley away game

My brother has asked me to post on the thefishy following the death of his partner.

Ali Barrs, town fan and partner of Paul Burgess (Fishsnapper) long time GTFC photographer until he stepped down to care for Ali, who sadly passed away peacefully at St Andrews Hospice on St George's day aged 55 after a long battle with a brain turmor.

Could you please spread the word to all fans attending to start a minutes applause on 55 minutes.

Unfortunately the family cannot attend has they had too much to sort out at this difficult time, but will be watching on TV.

It would mean so much to my brother and Ali's family to honour Ali on the 55 minute.

I thank everyone in advance

UTM

Mark
Logged Offline
Private Message
Les Brechin
April 25, 2024, 8:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
My deepest sympathy Mark. Another life taken far too early by this illegitimate disease.

Counting my blessings yet again.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
The Yard Dog
April 25, 2024, 8:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Les Brechin
My deepest sympathy Mark. Another life taken far too early by this illegitimate disease.

Counting my blessings yet again.

Cheers Les, you for one know from first hand what she had to go through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Crawley Away - Ali Barrs

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.