2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Chris Kelly
April 24, 2024, 11:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +39
Gold Stars: 3
Great to see Callum back in the squad and on the pitch. I really enjoyed his cameo against Swindon at the weekend. He showed glimpses of those creative attributes we've often lacked throughout the season. Hopefully,  we get to see much more of him in a Town shirt, and working under his old gaffer again, he could play a big part in things next season. My latest article is here.....

https://footballleagueworld.co.....um-ainley-retention/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikey_345
April 24, 2024, 2:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
Great to see him back involved after the year he's had - would be confident he'll get an offer. Think Saturday showed what a difference it makes when someone moves the ball quickly and accurately. Nice little bit of movement to get out of trouble and get it out his feet in one movement and then we're in on goal with a good pass. That's going to be vital next year.

The 'dugout cam' showed Artell sort of making the point to Pearson after he did it.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
ginnywings
April 24, 2024, 8:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Such was the quality and timing of that pass to Smith, I was struck dumb with disbelief. He saw it and executed it so quickly, and that was a shock compared to the usual laboured and mis-directed efforts this season.

I turned to make a comment to the rest of my group, only to realise that none of them had come back from the bar at half time because it was freezing cold. Glad I stuck it out as it was worth it for the two excellent goals and much better than seeing them on the telly in the bar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Neilo83
April 24, 2024, 8:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
How long is he signed up for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Mikey_345
April 24, 2024, 8:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Neilo83
How long is he signed up for?

He’s out of contract in the summer. Signed late in a one year deal.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
RonMariner
April 24, 2024, 11:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Sign him up. Would be a great start to the summers transfer business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Little bit of talk that a deal for next season is already sorted.  

I really hope that's the case as he's exactly the type of quality we've lacked in midfield for a long time.  It's all hypothetical but if we'd had a fully fit, or near fully fit, Callum Ainley for the majority of his time here we wouldn't have struggled as much as we have this season.

Also hope for the lad that he can put this year behind him and kick on again with his career and life.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
mariner91
April 25, 2024, 11:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from diehardmariner

I really hope that's the case as he's exactly the type of quality we've lacked in midfield for a long time.  It's all hypothetical but if we'd had a fully fit, or near fully fit, Callum Ainley for the majority of his time here we wouldn't have struggled as much as we have this season.

Also hope for the lad that he can put this year behind him and kick on again with his career and life.

I think Ainley would help Thompson too. Ainley is a much smarter player than any of our other centre mid options and my only criticism of Thompson is sometimes he dallies on the ball. However, I suspect if he actually had someone finding space for him to pass to then this wouldn't be as much of a problem, I'd probably delay getting rid of it too if my options were Green, Clifton, Andrews or Holohan. Really hope Ainley signs up, be basically like having a new signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Lost in Lincoln
April 25, 2024, 3:59pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner

I would welcome him here, he's a  very good player.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 10
Jammin242
April 25, 2024, 4:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +21
Keeping him fit during the summer and him not getting a silly injury during preseason would see Ainley as a new signing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Callum Ainley

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.