Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

This thread currently has 120,063 views. Print
66 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
April 29, 2024, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68

You will do well to prise Adeluken away from Doncaster.

He's on loan from Lincoln.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 658
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 29, 2024, 7:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +917
Gold Stars: 123
If, like other Managers/Head Coaches, DA looks towards his previous incumbents at Crewe, there are a few that look to be out of contract who might have some interest in playing under him again.

Billy Sass-Davies was made available for transfer by Crewe at the end of the 22-23 season, but went out on a season long loan to Boreham Wood instead.

Luke Offord is available, but he is still recovering from ankle surgery. He was appointed the club Captain in the 22-23 season, having played under DA the season before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 658
RonMariner
April 29, 2024, 9:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,873
Gold Stars: 232
If, like other Managers/Head Coaches, DA looks towards his previous incumbents at Crewe, there are a few that look to be out of contract who might have some interest in playing under him again.

Billy Sass-Davies was made available for transfer by Crewe at the end of the 22-23 season, but went out on a season long loan to Boreham Wood instead.

Luke Offord is available, but he is still recovering from ankle surgery. He was appointed the club Captain in the 22-23 season, having played under DA the season before.

That may be true, but I get the impression that this summers recruitment will be data lead rather than who you might have managed before..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 658
SheepGTFC
April 30, 2024, 3:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +295
Gold Stars: 6
I know it's not a transfer nor rumour but just a random thought I had. Clifton would make a better fullback than central midfielder. Would be like a new signing. He proven he is decent on the wing when he had that good spell at left mid. Be interesting to see him have a run at right back, think he could be quite effective there as he doesn't have the presence to be a central mid in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 658
ska face
April 30, 2024, 7:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,827
Gold Stars: 854
We don’t need any wingbacks or fullbacks that cant cross the ball. It’s a low bar but most of this squad have failed to reach it. Quick thought experiment - can anyone remember a single good pass that Clifton has managed in a town shirt? For someone who’s played the majority of his career in midfield I’m struggling to remember one incisive, accurate, chance-creating pass.
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 658
SheepGTFC
April 30, 2024, 7:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +295
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ska face
We don’t need any wingbacks or fullbacks that cant cross the ball. It’s a low bar but most of this squad have failed to reach it. Quick thought experiment - can anyone remember a single good pass that Clifton has managed in a town shirt? For someone who’s played the majority of his career in midfield I’m struggling to remember one incisive, accurate, chance-creating pass.

Have to agree with you tbh, Clifton is a hard working midfielder not really creative and not really a goalscorer either. I do really like having a local lad in the side and I do think it is important but think the reality is he's probably just not cut out for this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 658
Mappers
April 30, 2024, 8:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,556
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Have to agree with you tbh, Clifton is a hard working midfielder not really creative and not really a goalscorer either. I do really like having a local lad in the side and I do think it is important but think the reality is he's probably just not cut out for this level.

I think he's a good one to have around for his versatility , I would be keen on keeping him . As a left midfield player he's more than capable aswell imo ,he had a very good season last time out with a decent goals return ; whether he has the capabilities in an Artell ball type team is debatable but it's certainly not in the middle of the park .

I think for his own good and any opportunity of playing higher up in the short term he should leave anyway for a fresh challenge, he would probably do really well away from his hometown club with less scrutiny and expectation .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 658
Garth
April 30, 2024, 9:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Harry is part of the furniture here and would be a better player elsewhere, it's the same in any walk of life, your more appreciated elsewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 658
chaos33
April 30, 2024, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from SheepGTFC
I know it's not a transfer nor rumour but just a random thought I had. Clifton would make a better fullback than central midfielder. Would be like a new signing. He proven he is decent on the wing when he had that good spell at left mid. Be interesting to see him have a run at right back, think he could be quite effective there as he doesn't have the presence to be a central mid in my opinion

As cover, but not ideally first choice at full back for me. His fitness is great but I don’t think his passing and crossing are as good as we night want from attacking full backs. I think you need your wing backs, if we go with that philosophy,  to be good technically, and ideally, quick.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 658
Alan Buckley
April 30, 2024, 10:32am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -360
Gold Stars: 5
Surely I’m top of the ska league by now 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 658
66 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.