Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 363.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

This thread currently has 124,587 views. Print
69 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
May 7, 2024, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,074
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Well... I can't see Crewe knocking 3 goals in Donnys own back yard.

Charlie Kirks short term deal will end.  I wonder if Artell will come back in for him, I guess more chance of him coming here this time, seen as we all start from scratch.

He was absolutely annonymous when we won there a few weeks ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 687
ska face
May 7, 2024, 6:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,845
Gold Stars: 854
Rotherham’s released list out. Kayode under contract but made immediately available for transfer. Would’ve been music to my ears 18 months back but think he’s been out injured for almost 2 years now.
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 687
acko338
May 7, 2024, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
He would have been an instant Hurst signing to do us team a job once fit.

Pre season hard pitches would finish him off for months !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 687
DB
May 7, 2024, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.35
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from rancido

We certainly have to spend the budget wisely and how to balance that with quality in the right areas is the acid-test. DA implied that we need 11 or 12 new additions but how that is composed is the issue. Do we go for 4 or 5 quality, well-paid players in key areas and balance that with steady Lg 2 regulars plus one or two young "potentials"?
It's this situation that reminds me of when I first started seriously watching town 1965/66 season. We were in Div 3 and, due to economic reasons, dispensed with a reserve team. For most of the time the team was picked from only a core of 15 players and one of those changes was when our regular keeper, Charlie Wright left  with 40 league and cup appearances , to be replaced by Harry Wainman. In spite of squad size limitations we reached R4 of the FA Cup ( beating Barnsley and Portsmouth along the way) to finally succumbing to Manchester City. We also reached R5 of the League Cup, going out to West Ham away in a replay after drawing 2-2 at BP. The West Ham side featured Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters and we played 17 year old debutant Angus Davison because of an injury to Bobby Ross. That season we finished a creditable 11th. Admittedly well were reasonably lucky with injuries but it still demonstrates that you can perform very well with a small , quality squad.

The game at BP was very good but what stood out was the quality of the West Ham side. They seldom ran flat out but played accurate passes and although we got a draw the difference was amazing in style etc. I'm sure Trevor Brooking also played and he never broke into a sweat.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 687
Oly1987
May 8, 2024, 8:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
Found an article mentioning Grimsby and a player though not as a "we are interested" more of a speculation piece. Regan Linney of Altrincham. 42 goals in 33 appearances for FC United of Manchester and 20 in 50 for Altrincham. Had some problems off the pitch (criminal conviction). Honestly I think its nothing but figured it should be mentioned

https://footballleagueworld.co.....of-14-goal-ace-view/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 687
diehardmariner
May 8, 2024, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
I think those articles are well written by Chris Kelly and it goes against the grain, quality wise, of a lot of those click-bait type sites.  

But I agree it's more a 'this is who is available' type piece than based on any inside knowledge.  Chris posts on here sometimes to promote his articles so he might be able to give a bit more?

Still not particularly concerned about our main striking options.  In Rose and Wilson, presuming both stay, we've got two good strikers who I'm comfortable in saying if get a fair share of games will both score in the mid teens at worst.  It's the supply line that's the issue (bit of back up wouldn't go amiss though as I can't see Pyke staying).  Hopefully a fit Vernam and a retained (and fit) Ainley helps with that but certainly need at least one more who can make things happen.
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 687
marinerjase
May 8, 2024, 10:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
There were rumours of a potential/impending court case for Wilson coming up in the future, whether any truth in it or not I don’t know, but it was being banded around prior to end of season. The loan move to Crawley falling through at last min, together with not much game time may have him wanting to look elsewhere? But he did get himself back in contention at end of season tbf. I always thought he made more of an impact coming off bench rather that starting, certainly at beginning of season when he was coming back of another injury, again rumours he’s not the easiest to keep ‘healthy’ , was mentioned by Hurst at the time- he’s definitely got some ability, can finish..for me not sure we saw it enough, nor consistency - and I’d be a bit nonplussed if he stayed or left tbh.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 687
Alan Buckley
May 8, 2024, 11:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -366
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinerjase
There were rumours of a potential/impending court case for Wilson coming up in the future, whether any truth in it or not I don’t know, but it was being banded around prior to end of season. The loan move to Crawley falling through at last min, together with not much game time may have him wanting to look elsewhere? But he did get himself back in contention at end of season tbf. I always thought he made more of an impact coming off bench rather that starting, certainly at beginning of season when he was coming back of another injury, again rumours he’s not the easiest to keep ‘healthy’ , was mentioned by Hurst at the time- he’s definitely got some ability, can finish..for me not sure we saw it enough, nor consistency - and I’d be a bit nonplussed if he stayed or left tbh.

You’re absolutely correct with the first part. Don’t be surprised to see him move on and it won’t be for football reasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 687
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 8, 2024, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,084
Gold Stars: 195
What’s the court case about then?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 687
Ollie
May 8, 2024, 11:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +24 / -4
Approval: -3
Quoted from marinerjase

This is correct, involves himself and his brother.
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 687
69 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.